RACE 07 Issues related to the Steam Conversion

Sonat Ozturk

Sector3 Studios
Hi all,

Both Valve and us here at SimBin, are looking into the potential remaining issues caused by the Conversion that was done few days ago.

Valve has fixed most, if not all of the issues. This is a mere check to see if there are any issues remaining that we may have missed.

If you have an issue that is occurring since the Conversion please let us know by replying here.

Thank you.

All expansions have to be converted too ... that's surely why you don't see them in game.

If you only converted and not reinstalled, there are surely a few files missing.
Verify game cache and they'll be downloaded.

If I do well remember, I had this exit button problem for a few minutes when I realised some files were missing, mostly 3 per game conversion ... and I think it always were the same ones.

My only explanation thinking about an answer to their conversion and your question is:
Surely Steam wished to have all their games in folder 'Common' for a reason that we don't know. .... as they already tried it last year without success.
Surely a technical reason ... sparing extra manœuvres when updating or something like that.
Sparing extra manœuvres ... spares time and spares ... money.

I don't see any other reason.

PS: All my game and expansions are converted and I didn't see any problem until now.
Just the embarassment to find all separate teams from all expansions together in the same Teams folder, making the addition of mods riskier when wishing to uninstall one ... especially the risk of uninstalling a file of base content for the ones who don't know their game perfectly.

Even though I know it the best I can, I prefered now taking less risk using JSGME to manage the mods and tracks I install... and moreover quicker and easier. ;)

Last edited:
Sim Racing Manager was the one I was using before this conversion ( still in use for GTR2 ) and still works after conversion of course.
The only difference is: SRM just moves 1 part of a mod ( the one in Teams or Locations folder ). Else said, it only manages a +- small or big part of the mods.

The advantage of JSGME is: it knows every file it has installed. So ... when unactivating a mod, it unactivates ( or moves if you prefer ) all files of the mod it installed:
For example: Teams, Sounds, Talents, Uidata/Menu/Textures ... and so on.
When well used, it makes your game much lighter than SRM.
One thing I still have to check, as I don't use it for more than 1 month: I think it doesn't change any original file when installing a mod ...
As it doesn't install such a file, it also doesn't unactivate it.

A part of my installed mod were managed by SRM. I tried to install an old mod ( with only Teams folder moved by SRM ) with JSGME.
When unactiving this mod ... it didn't unactivate the other already present files of the mod.
That seems to confirm what I think it does.

I was a pure fan of Simracing Manager until a few weeks ago, but I had to change my point of view.
Even though I know what I install and remove, risk zero doesn't exist. That's why I'd advice this JSGME to those who have a low or medium knowledge of the game.

Last edited:
I have been barking up the wrong tree it seems. I had to reload everything on my laptop and I was informed by my computer that several files and programs were affected by the steam upgrade. In those files I was informed that not only did I lose my STCC2 game that I purchased at half off from steam but that I lost my backup race 07 files also. I was able to re-install race 07 but my add ons including STCC2 were gone. I reinstalled crowne plaza and formula raceroom, but strangely steam has no information about me purchasing stcc2 from them. Any help?

The reasonable 1st solution is: contact Steam ;)

When purchasing the game, you usually receive an email of confirmation.
If you keep or save these ( for me ) important emails, it will not be difficult to prove you owned the game.

Strange Steam has no trace of your purchase though.:(

I suppose you used the same login to purchase and download this expansion ???

How very odd, they should have a list on your transaction informations. You could always use your bank/paypal payment info, it has a series of codes that should help you prove your transaction.

Note that something in a database on their end may have gotten corrupted, you could wait a day and see if its gets restored.

Bump: Still have the problem

Since the Steam "upgrade", driver tags no longer appear when I'm running F3000 cars, however they do work when I run WTCC or Mini's. I've heard of a few other people with the same issue. I also know a few people who's driver tags still work with F3000's. Anyone have any ideas what's causing it??

Did you try first to launch 'Config' application directly from Steamapps\Common\Race07 ?

Maybe only a base graphic setting causing your problem ... I shouldn't be astonished ! :unsure:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.9%