RACE 07 Issues related to the Steam Conversion

Sonat Ozturk

Sector3 Studios
Hi all,

Both Valve and us here at SimBin, are looking into the potential remaining issues caused by the Conversion that was done few days ago.

Valve has fixed most, if not all of the issues. This is a mere check to see if there are any issues remaining that we may have missed.

If you have an issue that is occurring since the Conversion please let us know by replying here.

Thank you.

Hello Sonat, First like to say thanks for posting in this section and wanting to help out to see if we have problems,:thumbsup:

For me the conversion went ok...
After a complete reinstall of the extra content and dlc added to race07.
i did follow the instructions and it all works.

I did mention the fact that the file validating had a bug were it constantly shows files need to be fixed, every time you validate a bit of content outside of the original Race07 content. And if you go back to Race07 validation more files need fixing again. But the game does run and work ok.

The online setups were not working last time i checked just constantly refreshing.

But we now have a new problem with getting online.
you try to go online and the game crashes, this seems to be happening for allot of people. Click here

We had this problem or something similar before ..
maybe the problem is Click me

Just tried to go online and i can, but only 3 servers showing.

Hi Rupert,

We have just cleared the server list to see if we can catch the troublesome server.

The servers need to restart in order to get re-added onto the list so it will be quite empty until they restart.

But at least it shouldn't crash until the culprit server gets added again.

Hello Sonat. By coincidence I did a new Windows installation. I installed Race07 via steam download and my expansions via steam backup. All simbin content works perfectly; I like the common folder and my game starts up much faster. I have tried 10 download circuits so far and only one is casing my game to crash; Redbullring (even on it's own with no other mods).

Hello sinbin, I don't have a issue yet with the new conversion but I do have a problem. When I first got race 07 it worked fine on my laptop but recently this year every time I run race 07 after a minute or so the screen minimizes to my task bar but I still get sound?. I have tried everything even wiping the hard drive completely and reinstalled Windows 7 twice and still the same problem?.
Last night I managed to run it in Windows mode ok but sometimes the comes up with paused in the middle of the screen and I just have to click the mouse and away I go again?.
Can you help I have a couple of pics (hopefully I can post them now as im using my phone at the moment)

Hello sinbin, I don't have a issue yet with the new conversion but I do have a problem. When I first got race 07 it worked fine on my laptop but recently this year every time I run race 07 after a minute or so the screen minimizes to my task bar but I still get sound?. I have tried everything even wiping the hard drive completely and reinstalled Windows 7 twice and still the same problem?.
Last night I managed to run it in Windows mode ok but sometimes the comes up with paused in the middle of the screen and I just have to click the mouse and away I go again?.
Can you help I have a couple of pics (hopefully I can post them now as im using my phone at the moment)
Sounds like one of the programs you have running in the background is taking priority over the game. Or you're pressing alt+tab or ctrl+esc or something :D
As an example, Trillian does that for me, if I don't already have an open chat window.

Close all background stuff, and see if the problem reappears. If not, try and identify which one is causing you troubles.

...every time I run race 07 after a minute or so the screen minimizes to my task bar but I still get sound?. I have tried everything even wiping the hard drive completely and reinstalled Windows 7 twice and still the same problem?.
Seems like another application becomes active, switching Race07 into background. Maybe its some kind of an update checker or something else.
Check all your running programs, applications, tools and try to disable the stuff which you don't need while playing Race07.

Edit: ninja'd ;)

Hello Sonat. By coincidence I did a new Windows installation. I installed Race07 via steam download and my expansions via steam backup. All simbin content works perfectly; I like the common folder and my game starts up much faster. I have tried 10 download circuits so far and only one is casing my game to crash; Redbullring (even on it's own with no other mods).

Hi Martin,

Can you please specify which Redbullring? If it's a download can I have the link please?

Hi Sonat, At first only updated Race07 which caused it not to launch, then found out form the forum that all DLC needed up dating maybe Steam could have made this a bit more clear. Any how all done and working okay I have mostly stock install so no issues, but have not tried online as yet.

Edit - Can't get online crash out mini dump with no chance to refresh servers

Last edited:
I did mention the fact that the file validating had a bug were it constantly shows files need to be fixed, every time you validate a bit of content outside of the original Race07 content. And if you go back to Race07 validation more files need fixing again. But the game does run and work ok.

I'm still getting the same File Validation issues as Rupe.
Race 07 and each of the expansion packs seem to find invalid files which are then updated, and this continues every time I do a validation check.

As per Rupe, my game seems to be working ok though.

(100Mbit)Jon here. Since the updates, I can no longer start our dedicated servers in offline mode, I just get a mini dump. They start ok in online mode but of course that's no good when logging into multiple machines which we have.

Any Race07 Server Admins out there who have successfully run your dedi servers in offline mode?

@Jonathan Gould, I put servers put for events, I'm not the one that maintains then though. I have not been able to launch a server since Saturday, crashes as you say. Online only as far as I know. guessing that offline means LAN? If it comes to re-installing the servers, someone else will be doing that.

What I meant was I could not launch a dedicated server (on a remote box) when logged into Steam in offline mode. You have to run Steam in offline mode to run a dedicated server so you can log into Steam in online mode to actually play the game.

We have 7 physical boxes running a dozen or so dedicated servers. which all launched in offline mode (Steam offline that is) before the recent conversion update.

I since deleted all Race 07 game content (and all expansion packs) on all our 7 boxes and re-installed the lot. It was many hours of work but they now all run OK in Steam offline mode.

Hi guys,

Just a small update:

Some users might have an issue with "File verification". This has no effect on gameplay but it is an annoyance that comes up whenever you launch the game. This is because since the conversion, some files in different expansions overlap. Valve is going to take another look to see what they can do about this this week.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years