Race 07 is not dead!

When you look in certain places, such as the Racing Club & Leagues sub-forum here, it looks that way, but plenty people are still sim racing with Race 07! We run a league for it, and while I don't think I can link it here, I just wanted to say we're about to start our 4th season so this sim is alive and timeless! It has stood the test of time so well because everything it does, it does so well. 8 years on, it still has great handling and physics and feedback. I would even say that while it obviously doesn't have Project CARS level graphics, the Race 07 graphics are still entirely passable and even pleasing to the eye thanks to some nice resolution scaling and well done AA.

The other thing is, and which I say time and time again, especially in a market where games come out with hundreds of bugs like F1 2015, is "Race 07 just works". Every online race is an entirely smooth experience. Not only that, but Race 07 has features that modern games can't get right, even after multiple patches/bug fixes.

Ultimately, I just wanted to say, if you want to participate in a Race 07 league, don't just give up because it looks like no one else is interested it - there are others! :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 236 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.4%