Race #07, Hungary: Post-Race Discussion

Q1: 17,9 , made big mistake in s3 , lost at least 0,2 sec not happy 11th place.
R: Lost 1 place in T1 to de wit. Then after s1 split i made inside move , then suddenly i crashed to nillsson. He just slide to my front, very unlucky. Couldnt react at all. Very dissipointed cause my pace was very good. I think for ending this season. Dont like mod very much (tires). 6stop at hungary is wierd. I better drive some endurance races. More fun.

Cya

great start in few laps from 12th to 6th
I am sorry for ville
Don,t know what happened my engine died in lap 56 very strange
After incident with ville i had heavy damaged car
Maybe in the end another good position down the drain:(

Had a decent Q1. I didnt really expect it to be enough for Q2 but it was. Q2 was pretty normal lap again no big mistakes or anything.
Race itself started great was keeping up with Jernej easily but i went wide at the start of s2 and started to turn into the next corner when i just got launched off the track and stalled there. Not the way I wanted my first WC race to go but it was good to see that i was there pace wise. I hope i can have a chance to try WC again at some point this season. ;)

from gpcos:

Qual: Really bad again.. some one hold me up in my fast lap .. so.. 17th.. I had the pace to be in the top 10 so its frustrating.

Race: The start was ok. I stayed behind my teammate and we started to move up. We overtook 2-3 car in the first lap. I had a really beautiful overtake against Masculli at lap 10 in the second corner.

My tactic was to run two really short stint in the beginning of the race to be in a clear track and then I can push hard. This was working for me, because I find myself at 7th position from 17th! Because of my race tactic my last two stint was longer I had to carry more fuel and my car wasn't the best with it. I stacked Behind Masculli, and the I pushed too hard, I lost the control of the car and I ended in the barriers. :( I was able to get back to the pit, but my car was heavily damaged, and I had to wait 34 sec, my engine get hot there, so I saw no point to continue the race

It was my mistake, and I'm sad I haven't finished at my home grand prix, This was my first mistake in this year, and hopefully the last one.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 328 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 285 13.4%