Race #07, Hungary: Post-Race Checks

The appeal deadline is Thursday the 19th of July @ 16:00 GMT.

Morgan Morand

Q1: Clean
Q2: Clean
Log: Clean
Launch Control: Used
Pitstop: Lap 10, 22, 34, 46, 57
GPCOS: Ok
Penalty: +5s added to race time for Incident #2

Bono Huis

Pitstop: Lap 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60
Penalty: 1.0 Penalty Points for Incident #2

Jeffrey Rietveld

Q1: CUT wide T4 exit
Pitstop: Lap 11, 23, 35, 47, 59
Penalty: Back of the Grid in the next race for Qualifying Infraction

Rasmus Tali

Pitstop: Lap 9, 21, 33, 45, 57
Penalty: N/A

Jernej Simoncic

Pitstop: Lap 10, 22, 34, 46, 58
GPCOS: Late GPCOS comment
Penalty: Official Warning for late GPCOS comment

Jim Parisis

Q1: CUT wide T4 exit
Q2: N/A
Pitstop: Lap 10, 22, 34, 46, 58
Penalty: Back of the Grid in the next race for Qualifying Infraction

Martin Gosbee

Q1: Started from the back of the grid
Pitstop: Lap 11, 22, 34, 46, 58

Eros Masciulli

Pitstop: Lap 14, 28, 42, 56

John-Eric Saxen

Pitstop: Lap 7, 17, 28, 38, 49, 60

Blair Disley

Pitstop: Lap 12, 25, 39, 55

Muhammed Patel

Pitstop: Lap 12, 24, 36, 48, 59

Giuseppe Marconi

Pitstop: Lap 13, 27, 41, 55

Gergo Baldi

Pitstop: Lap 9, 22, 35, 47, 58

Patrick De Wit

Pitstop: Lap 10, 22, 35, 47

Peter Varga

Pitstop: Lap 10, 20, 33, 41

Jack Keithley

Pitstop: Lap 10, 22, 33

George Chatzipantelis

Log: No files
Pitstop: Lap 1, 13
GPCOS: Late GPCOS comment (3rd time)
Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for late GPCOS comment, Disqualification for no log file

Sebastiano Filosa

Log: .tmp log
Pitstop: N/A
Penalty: No penalty for .tmp log because of DNF

Yannick Lapchin

Ville Leppälä

Fredrik Nilsson

Raino Room

Jonatan Åcerclinth

Launch Control: DNS
GPCOS: Late GPCOS comment
Penalty: No penalty for late GPCOS comment since DNS

Stefan Kanitz

Incidents:

Driver(s) Involved: Patrick De Wit and Ville Leppälä

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 6 - 10:29

Review: Leppälä and De Wit are seperated by multiple car lengths as they are heading for T4. Leppälä runs wide and loses momemtum, allowing De Wit to close the gap a few car lengths. As De Wit is closing on Leppälä heading for T5, Leppälä brakes approximately 10-15 meters earlier than on the previous lap, despite having 20kph less speed. De Wit is caught off guard and dives on the inside to avoid contact with Leppälä's rear, resulting in contact with Leppälä's sidepod which spins Leppälä, causing him to stall and end his race.

Verdict: Racing Incident, considering the difference in speed & early braking from Leppälä compared to his previous lap.

Driver(s) Involved: Bono Huis, Morgan Morand

Lap/Replay Time: lap 65, 89:01

Review: Morand and Huis are approaching T1 with Morand in front but closely followed by Huis. Morand makes an early decision to defend the inside, making Huis go on the outside. As they reach the braking zone, Huis' front tires are on level with Morand's frontwing. Huis starts to turn in slightly early, forcing Morand to move closer to the inside curb and slightly over it. As they are nearly halfway through the corner, Morand accelerates suddenly, making side to side contact with Huis, pushing both of their cars off track and allowing Morand to keep the position. After they both rejoin the track, Huis makes an aggressive weaving motion towards Morand's car, nearly resulting in contact and prompting an avoiding action from Morand.

Verdict: +5s added to race time for Morgan Morand, 1.0 Penalty Points for Bono Huis

Driver(s) Involved: Bono Huis and Morgan Morand

Lap/Replay Time: lap 65, 89:06

Review: Reviewed in Incident #2

Driver(s) Involved: Bono Huis and Morgan Morand

Lap/Replay Time: lap 65, 89:43

Review: Morand and Huis are exiting T9, with Morand in front of Huis. Huis goes to take the outside line for T10, Morand stays in the middle of the track, leaving room for Huis on the outside. Huis turns in slightly early, perhaps expecting Morand to turn in earlier, resulting in minimal contact and for Huis to lose momentum.

Verdict: Nothing

Verdict: +5s added to race time for Morgan Morand, 1.0 Penalty Points for Bono Huis

EDIT: I dont know what to think now coz i hadnt saw the Mikko's video while I was posting my last post.. Maybe stewards had the right to punish Morgan and maybe they dont... This is very questionable move from both drivers . .

Cheers , Milan Radivojevic

i'm taking from your words : "Huis makes an aggressive weaving motion towards Morand's car"

This isn't the same incident as masciulli and kostadinov in china ? not the same "result" ( eros got it ) but the same spirit ?
Well, i won't avoid him next time, crash together, maybe the decision will be a bit more accurate ?
but DQ huis will be a crime.... so i let you think about it.

Not because i'm against huis, we talked good together, but it's the "protection" around him which make me sad for the credibility of FSR. Like sepang incidents i can say.

I can't agree with that Penalty also.
Both are driving for the Championship and this shouldnt become like a silly game here.
Bono and Morgan are competitors in the World Championship and both are respecting each other.
The way how they driving against each other was by 100%, but it was not over 100%.
It reached the limit and that was a spectacular driving from both drivers.

But i don't understand why Morgan gets a +5 second penalty when Bono made after that also some strange moves around.
Things should be neutral here...and that isnt in my eyes.

Nobody crashed and no one had a serious damage on the car.
I don't want to attack anyone who is responsible for this decision.
No race has been ruined and it should become more exciting about the Championship fight at all.

But maybe some people should start to empathize into the same situation and see it humanly..
You can't make it right all the time when you are under pressure (both drivers), but
i repeat it again..No race has been ruined.

Regards~

i'm taking from your words : "Huis makes an aggressive weaving motion towards Morand's car"

This isn't the same incident as masciulli and kostadinov in china ? not the same "result" ( eros got it ) but the same spirit ?
Well, i won't avoid him next time, crash together, maybe the decision will be a bit more accurate ?

Not because i'm against huis, we talked good together, but it's the "protection" around him which make me sad for the credibility of FSR. Like sepang incidents i can say.

Just to be clear, I never had the intention to hit you there. I was trying a ''dummy move'', I wanted to make you think that I was going for an inside pass, while I was actually planning for an outside pass. And indeed, you reacted by going more to the inside giving me a better line. You know that move, because I've tried it a lot of times on you already and you have done it too sometimes. So saying that you are avoiding me isn't very honest. I thought I could make that move, I thought I was further behind you but obviously I was not. We made visual contact but no real contact thanks to the faaaantastic rF collision model.

I can't agree with that Penalty also.
Both are driving for the Championship and this shouldnt become like a silly game here.
Bono and Morgan are competitors in the World Championship and both are respecting each other.
The way how they driving against each other was by 100%, but it was not over 100%.
It reached the limit and that was a spectacular driving from both drivers.

But i don't understand why Morgan gets a +5 second penalty when Bono made after that also some strange moves around.
Things should be neutral here...and that isnt in my eyes.

Nobody crashed and no one had a serious damage on the car.
I don't want to attack anyone who is responsible for this decision.
No race has been ruined and it should become more exciting about the Championship fight at all.

But maybe some people should start to empathize into the same situation and see it humanly..
You can't make it right all the time when you are under pressure (both drivers), but
i repeat it again..No race has been ruined.

Regards~
I agree, It was a neutral incident, personally I think both drives shouldn't be penalized, Morand and Huis had excellent drivers up to 70 laps and it feels wrong for crucial championship points being decided by a split second mistake from both drivers.

I wasnt planning to make any comments on this but i feel i should, and this is not to backup Morgan because he is my team m8 but more that i feel neutral decision should be made.

EDIT: Dont want to offend anyone, sorry for that.

In this case i see 2 agressive drivers, Bono squeezing Morgan on entry of the corner and Morgan on exit vice versa. But im totaly with Markus on this one that if you decide to penalize both, that it has to be a even penalty and not like this lame penalty taking away a win while there was no one or other who deserved a harsher penalty.

Ofcourse there are official routes to take, Admin has decided and GS can apeal the admins decision and see what the other judges think about this.;)

And keep this a nice disussion please guys, im sure people will see it differently and have different opinions.

I wasnt allowed to race a certain race because i forgot about allocation np my own mistake yet in Silverstone some other driver did the race (grid1) who had also a late allocation. I never told you about it was just wondering if you would notice, just small things now and then.

Not here to make war just wanna have some fun races and expecint everyone to be fair to eachother thats all.;)

Indeed it's not the same as Masciulli & Kostadinov, but I don't wish to dig that situation up again.

If you look at the real video (server replay) there is no risk of contact even without your avoiding action, but Bono still got a penalty for doing the manouver. Obviously if there had been contact the penalty would've been a DQ and/or a race ban.
Like sepang incidents i can say.
I felt 100% comfortable with my decision making until reading this, since apparently you don't see any of your wrongdoings, even such blatant ones as Sepang. This makes me feel I was too lenient with my penalties.

Btw Bono, I do like Colibris :) (Or koekoekon ) :p Funny little bird :p

I probably know why Bono made that comment haha, we have a Dutch soccer commentator for pay tv and he is doing commentary for Spanish league, so often when Barca or Madrid is playing and they score he says Koekoek on television.:D

Anoying commentator but funny lol.

I wasnt allowed to race a certain race because i forgot about allocation np my own mistake yet in Silverstone some other driver did the race (grid1) who had also a late allocation. I never told you about it was just wondering if you would notice, just small things now and then.

Not here to make war just wanna have some fun races and expecint everyone to be fair to eachother thats all.;)

I don't get the relationship between what you say and lack of transparency. That would be a mistake from my part (which I'm not sure if it is, because I can't find who drove with a late allocation, feel free to give me his name privately :)). Same here with Mikko, you can agree or disagree with his view, but there isn't any lack of transparency, in fact he has explained it with detail, and he even made a video. That's far from lacking transparency. I don't want to make any war either, but we should select better our words.

No need to discuss this further. We dont understand the different type of penalties for each driver so we will follow the official procedures as usual and make an appeal to the right place.

No need to fight here in public, it doesn't help anyone. Let's move on.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%