Race 07 Graphic&Shaders Playground

Misc Race 07 Graphic&Shaders Playground 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
Incredible Hulk submitted a new resource:

Race 07 Graphic&Shaders Playground - wip - Many tracks are play safe but there are also numerous glitches and bugs!

Race 07 Graphic&Shaders Playground

View attachment 504901

This mod includes previous @Bjarne Hansen work on Fresnel and DX9 shaders for Race 07.

- Additional Reflection Mod
Thanks @GTR233 for cubemaps from marvellous GTR2 Anniversary patch. (Please don’t use those emap/ cubemap textures in other mods without @GTR233 permission)

- 1 Player shaders mod
Most compatible - Recommended...

Read more about this resource...

Incredible Hulk updated Race 07 Graphic&Shaders Playground with a new update entry:

GTR2 mod compatibility!

View attachment 505357
- Fixed GTR2 cars brightness for Race 07/ GTR EVO. (in Player and Player Shiny Mod)
- Fixed many tracks terrain saturation issues (FDM Jyllandsringen, Mantorp…).
- Fixed shine glasses issue on Monza.
- Fixed additional black trees and objects on some tracks (Oulton Park, Donington…).
- More options added

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Hulk! I'm using your Shaders and wanted to ask you a question: As I show in the screenshots, I use GEMFX/Reshade, greatly favoring the lighting effects on the track. Using these texturizers, is it possible to leave this "glow atmosphere" all over the track like screenshot 3 ? Because until then, it's only possible at certain points on the track, according to the sunlight beams. Keep up your work with the shaders, Race 07 has been impressive!

R07 screen 01.jpg

R07 screen 02.jpg

R07 screen 03.jpg

Hi Hulk! I'm using your Shaders and wanted to ask you a question: As I show in the screenshots, I use GEMFX/Reshade, greatly favoring the lighting effects on the track. Using these texturizers, is it possible to leave this "glow atmosphere" all over the track like screenshot 3 ? Because until then, it's only possible at certain points on the track, according to the sunlight beams. Keep up your work with the shaders, Race 07 has been impressive!

View attachment 517534

View attachment 517541

View attachment 517542
Nope. It's only when you look directly to the sun.
And as much as it's nice effect I think it would be impossible to drive that way all of the time
:)

Btw, is it possible to get Ambient occlusion and depth of field working with Reshade?

Nope. It's only when you look directly to the sun.
And as much as it's nice effect I think it would be impossible to drive that way all of the time
:)

Btw, is it possible to get Ambient occlusion and depth of field working with Reshade?

It's not that "easy" to get these two effects with more real quality, but I associate reshade + GEMFX for that. But the ambient occlusion effect is what stands out the most. I have been getting more real effects from this combination in racing in the rain. But, i thanks for your answer. I'm learning much about this effects. Thx !

screen 01.jpg

screen 02.jpg

screen 03.jpg

Could You release this as mod?
I've already thought about making a package/mod of GEMFX and Reshade presets for Race 07, but need to make adjustments. The colors (mostly white) are intense, so much so that I turn off the settings as soon as the game loads and turn it on only when the race starts. And there's a more important issue: it requires more memory (I sometimes experiment with "CTD's")... for me to share this, I need to do more testing and tweaking the textures. I'm planning this for next year, right now I'm preparing a Christmas/New Year gift for everyone...

Incredible Hulk updated Race 07 Graphic&Shaders Playground with a new update entry:

Nordschleife Remastered and many tracks lighting updates

1.0 New
- Nordschleife Remastered
View attachment 523862
- Tracks lighting and texture updates
2006_Brands_Hatch
2006_Brno
2006_Curitiba
2006_Istanbul
2006_Monza
2006_Oschersleben_2
2006_Oschersleben_rev
2006_Oschersleben
2006_Valencia
2007_Brands_Hatch_2
2007_Brands_Hatch
2007_Brno
2007_Curitiba_Oval
2007_Curitiba_rev
2007_Curitiba
2007_Estoril
2007_Imola
2007_Monza_2
2007_Monza_rev
2007_Monza
2007_Oschersleben_2
2007_Oschersleben_rev
2007_Oschersleben...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello Hulk, Love this mod thankyou. Is there any way I could reduce the reflections on the cars? The GTL cars mod seems to have too much reflection and the cars look like chrome.

Hello Hulk, Love this mod thankyou. Is there any way I could reduce the reflections on the cars? The GTL cars mod seems to have too much reflection and the cars look like chrome.
If you mean about this it's just a new graphics technology that sim rivals still try to achieve :)

Jokes aside, it's probably that gtl mod is incompatible with new "EMAP... DDS" files from GameData/Teams.
Race07 gtl mod.jpg

If you mean about this it's just a new graphics technology that sim rivals still try to achieve :)

Jokes aside, it's probably that gtl mod is incompatible with new "EMAP... DDS" files from GameData/Teams.
View attachment 536156

Thanks, that was just enough information to work out what was going on. I had no idea what DDS files even are. It turns out the file named EMAP_PAINT is extremely shiny. Which for the stock content of Race 07 looks good, I guess. So where to get an EMAP_Paint file that's not so shiny. It turns out they are all the same across all the games. Just re-label one of the other files that are not so shiny. Like Arena_CUBE, Or more accessible still, copy the File from Power and Glory.

RACE 07_2022.01.28-20.58.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years