RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Group 1

Race 1
I started from 5th spot and got a good start. Was immediately on P4 and closing in fast on P3, but decided to hold. No fun in crashing in lap 1 :)
After the first lap(s) my gap to P3 was too big, could not get that fast laptimes but I was already stepping away from P5 behind me.
Overall it was a boring race with a good P4 result.

Race 2
Started again on P5. Had a very quick start and could jump to P2 before/during the fast right hander. During the race I heard from Bram (group 2) that overtaking at that part was not allowed. I don't really know if I was in or just before that corner. Anyway, sorry guys, I didn't know about this rule!
In the sharp turn to the right (T3 if I am correct) I braked early enough, but still no grip. Hit the barrier and got tapped and hit again. I think about 3 heavy contacts which broke my suspension. Had to steer at 10% off-center and also my topspeed was gone.
Peter Madsen was doing a great job and drove of course away from me. The faster (top3) guys from Race 1 where closing in fast and I could somehow delay them for a while. But at the topspeed I was no match anymore and had to leave Henrik go. Later on Atti did a very good move. I could have closed the gap into T3, but decided to give him enough room. No point in crashing both, and he did a superb braking there. Well done mate.
Nevermind was next and because the other faster guys were already away I decided to signal him to pass/stay on the right into T3 to make a save move. Could not hold it any longer. Nevermind was too fast and my car (and me) too slow :)

I hope I did not destroy someone else's race. Anyway I enjoyed racing again tonight, P4 and P5 in my first Race07 Macau Mini race (maybe my first Mini race in Race07 also :) thanks everyone.

Well not a bad finish considering this was my first time in this car and on this track (got the game last week, raced rfactor for 2 years)

Qualified 5th and had a good start getting up to 2nd by turn 1. I knew Bram was fast and I was still uncertain about the car and track so just tried not to make to many errors. Had a good race with Tobias for about 3 laps until he binned it into turn 1, luckily for me. My car had a few handling problems by then so just nursed it to the finish and 2nd.

Race 2 started 7th and again got a good start and up to 3rd.then took 2nd but made an error and gave the place back. again my car was damaged so just hung on to finish 3secs behind Oliver in 2nd again.

Strange I didnt see you Darron and Gareth I though we were on server 1? I am sure that is the one I joined.

Good racing for a nightmare track guys :alla:

Server 1

Just a short report from here. Was way too tired to drive tonight, but also came home late, so thought it would be too late to cancel.

Actually got a little nap in qualie at one point but was still very tired in the race. In race one I hit a lot of walls the first laps, and even lost my splitter, which might actually be a good thing, as it made me angry with my poor driving, and hence more awake.

Had pole in race 2 and the guys behind was fighting a lot (I think), as I could keen then behind. Then Henrik (?!) got past Ramon and soon after also passed me. Atti was right behind me on last lap, and was sure he would pass in one of the last corners, but he didn’t for some reason. He was also way faster than me.

All in all a good race, except that I still don’t really like the minis (but then again have almost no experience in them), and also don’t really like the track and was too tired to drive. But besides that a good race :thumb:

Having not signed up, I decided group 2 was probably best.

Started midfield, maybe 11/12th for race 1. Made places from others misfortune mainly, cause I sure as heck wasn't fast... But by the end, I'd got 5th.. More luck, than good judgement.

Starting 4th with the reversed grid, and I made a real noob mistake, I am a noob to the game but the controls are the same as GTR/GTL.. So it was a pretty poor mistake.
Anyway, I was typing away before the start but hadn't hit 'C' so as I hit 'I' it cut the engine... and ofcousre I didn't notice, I hit 'C' n continued to type.
Not even in a hurry, as we had nearly the full 2 mins to wait, I still didn't notice till I hit the accelerator n nothing happened... lol.
Stopped on the grid, I was a sitting (lame) duck... Sorry to whomever was caught out.
I got away eventually, I was rightfully way down, then got caught up in someone elses incident... I decided to skulk off in disgrace... before I was, qiute rightly, put in my place....

Thankyou gents, I'm obviously not ready for the bigtime yet.... lol.

Well first race online with all of you and perfromed better than expected. managed to take an average 2 seconds off my laptimes, still room for improvement though!

Server 2

Race 1 aka the over achievment

Looking at a nice finish for me... started about 4 from back and with retirements looking to finish 9th (still with cars behind me!!). Came out last corner and saw car in front slowing thinking he must have had an off... nope... that was to pop me on pole for race 2 doh! (I'm still aiming for a 2:50 lap time!!!!)

Race 2 aka short and sweet

As normal... poor start swamped by 4 or 5 cars, let them go. tucked in behind someone and took normal line for t2. As turning in noticed car underneath me, eased off and left room, lost the back end and clipped barrier. Ended up tight to the wall wrong way near exit of corner. No damage reported so thought could spin around once grid had past, took my chance and got told puncture. hey ho. ESC 1 sec :)

Server 1
7th and 6th in my first Mini race, first Macao race in Race07 (and probably second ever), it is a lot more than I expected to be honnest.

Missed most of the practice as I was putting the kids in bed.
Still managed to put together a decent lap in quali (decent by my standards, that is) and qualified 12th.

Race 1: Had a poor start (let the rpm fall too much) but managed to gain a few places and ended the lap in 8th (I think). From then on, had a good clean fight against Michael Herrmann for several laps and eventually managed to get passed him when he made a mistake. I pushed for the remainder of the race but was not very fast, probably owing to tire wear and those small but many contacts with the walls :-D

Race 2: I was starting from 2nd on the grid, which is frakly intimidating with a bunch of aliens breathing down your neck. Fortunately :) most of them had passed me by the end of lap one and there we were again, Michael and I, except this time in reverse order. He got within a few tenths of me at one point, and then my car reached its sweetspot and I found some rythm and ould get around 2.5sec clear of him. I think he then hit a wall or something and retired, too bad. Later in the race, pretty much the same happened with someone else (cannot remember who, sorry). After that, and with 40sec of clear air behind me, it was a case of bringing her home while trying not to lose too much ground to the guys in front. 6th in the end, thanks to a consistent if not particularly quick drive.

I had really good fun, thanks Warren!

Luc

Hello,

Sorry not to have been able to participate yesterday. I am cursed! I love racing Minis, and last night, unable to connect to the forum Racedepartment, and impossible to connect to servers Race07. I do not understand. Paul Bordeau, who also lives in the northwest of France had the same problem.
This morning, I am at the office, and everything seems to work (the forum, in any case). I will see this afternoon, in my home, if everything is back in order.
I am disappointed, I really wanted to do this race to Macao! I hope you had a great fun.

Regards,

Sébastien.

Hi friendly racers,

Time for our second RD FD Series WTCC Event. We will be moving to sunny Spain, and the Valencia Long track, one we haven't driven before in this series. Sign ups are now open for Racing Club members!

FDSeries_2.jpg

Event information:

Date: 26.04.2008.
Track: Valencia Long
Cars: WTCC 06 & 07
Practise: 17.30 GMT / 19.30 CET (1 hour)
Qualy: 18.30 GMT / 20.30 CET (30 min)
Races: 19.00 GMT / 21.00 CET (2*14 laps)
Weather: Dry
Start: Standing
TeamSpeak: here

Server Password: Refer here: password

We will run this event on 2 servers, and we encourage everybody to use TeamSpeak, where you can get lots of useful information and an opportunity to ask for any kind of help from your fellow race mates.

We had so much fun with the special Ramon designed FD Skins at Brno, that we urge you to use then again for this one.

Special Skin : Please go here for information about the skin if you don't already have it.

forum.racedepartment.com - View Single Post - DOWNLOAD: FD Series Skins

Special Note: Under FD Series rules, we will again be implementing the requirement to use a different car for subsequent events, so whatever car you selected for the last event, you will not be able to use it again for this event. Lets also aim for a maximum mix of cars used.

If you don't recall what car you used at Brno, please refer to the Car Selection Chart found here.
http://forum.racedepartment.com/fri...series/3598-fd-wtcc-car-selection-record.html

NOTE: The Vauxhall Vectra is not allowed to be used in this event.

Remember, this event is not about winning but "Friendly Development", so lets take some extra care with each other and drive safely and show some patience.

Please use the following format for sign up:

Name on RD forum:
Name in game:
Car:
Special remarks:

Group 1:

1 - Andy Marsden - Chevy
2 - skipys_co_uk - Chevy
3 - Christophe Berton - Honda
4 - James Yates - Peugeot
5 - Flamin - Honda
6 - Stirb Iuliu - Leon 07
7 - Nevermind - Leon 07
8 - dubbe - Alfa
9 - Not_lifting_off - BMW ?
10 - darron miller - Honda
11 - Ross Balfour - Leon
12 - Oliver Amos - Alfa 07
13 - Luc Frachon - Chevy
14 - David Lemon - Chevy
15 - francobecagli - Alfa
16 - ingemar petersson - Chevy 07
17 - Theo de Bruin - Seat Leon
18 - Marc Craig Hume - Chevy
19 - Dean Rautenbach - Chevy
20 - Gaynall Hudgins - Toledo
21 - Victor Shaw - Chevy
22 - Michael Sharpe - Honda
23 - Tepa67 - Chevy
24 - Morgan McColl - Seat
25 - Mtommi Tam - Chevy

Group 2:

1 - Jamie Wilson - Seat
2 - Anthony Williams - Seat
3 - Pirro Chun - chevy
4 - Robert Maytum - Honda
5 - Roy stevens - BMW
6 - Sol Leung - chevy
7 - Lu Chan - chevy
8 - Chris Vick - Seat Leon
9 - Gareth Hickling -bmw
10 - Michael Herrmann - Honda
11 - Fernando De Almeida - Seat Leon
12 - Jari Vinnari - Seat Toledo
13 - Jens Hoeppner - Seat
14 - Marc Kollinger - E46
15 - Traumatic - Peugeot
16 - aku27 - Seat leon
17 - beechy666_uk - Alfa 156
18 - Darren gardner - Seat Leon
19 - Simon Trendell - BMW E46
20 - Nick Carnell - Alfa 156
21 - Broxman - Chevy
22 - Keith Ettles - Chevy
23 - Neil Tennant - Peugeot
24 - SniperZA - Chevy
25 - Kevin Ascher - Chevy

Reserves:

1 - Gunja - BMW E46
2 - Robert Crone - Chevy

FD_01.jpg

• Andy Marsden

I'm going to be able to make this event, other half is on her best friends hen weekend so I have the weekend to myself :D

Name on RD forum: Andy Marsden
Name in game: Andy Marsden
Control: 360 Gamepad
Car: Chevrolet Lacetti
Special remarks:

Name on RD forum: skipys_co_uk
Name in game: keith peppiatt
Control: Logitech Formula Force
Car: Lets start with.... hmmm.. Lacetti
Special remarks: first time on FD, looking forward to this. Will be on call for work this weekend so hoping for no calls! everyone pray :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back