RACE 07 - Expansion packs announced

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
SimBin today announced that its award winning PC racing game “Race07” will get 5 different expansion packs. The theme based expansion packs are a tribute to the lively community of the game, as they focus on highly requested content from the fans. The expansion packs will be released over the coming months at a price point between five and ten Euro/USD each. The first pack is completely free of charge!
race07 box.jpg
The first expansion pack is named “Formula RaceRoom” and it includes the high powered Formula RR, SimBin's fastest car to date, and three layouts on a new and highly detailed version of Hockenheim Ring. More information and the official release date will be announced soon.

“Race07 was a milestone in SimBins racing history. The game has an active community of more than half a million gamers worldwide. The release of these five final expansion packs is a tribute to our fans and marks at the same time the end of our old racing engine. Besides concluding the RACE 07 saga, SimBin is currently developing a much anticipated title based on its brand new engine, much more about this will be announced later this year. Now its time to say thank you to our RACE07 community, so we hope you will enjoy the new content as it is based upon your feedback and wish list.” comments Henrik Roos, CEO of SimBin Studios AB.

The expansion packs will be available exclusively via digital distribution.

More info about RACE 07 and their expansions can be found in the RACE Series forums

There's already a lot of content in Race 07 with it's expansions I haven't had a good chance to race yet, and now they're coming up with more? Damn, I like these guys.

I'd love to be able to take my Race 07 content and expansions into their new engine. There's some great cars and tracks already in it, which I'd love to carry on driving on a new game engine.

Marcus Dillon;756005 said:
There's already a lot of content in Race 07 with it's expansions I haven't had a good chance to race yet, and now they're coming up with more? Damn, I like these guys.

I'd love to be able to take my Race 07 content and expansions into their new engine. There's some great cars and tracks already in it, which I'd love to carry on driving on a new game engine.

This expansion series sounds like a good thing from Simbin. I'll reserve final judgement until it's released. To the guys complaining... I say this, "If you don't like it, you don't have to subscribe." That's the whole basis of this thing....choice. I'd rather have a good game publisher offer expansion packs with some new content, (while fixing and optimizing what already released for a reasonable price), than a company intent on "bleeding" the consumer every year... all the while, running away from...and not fixing their bug ridden, unfinished games. For the amounts mentioned, I think it's more than just fair. I'll definately support them. This is clearly the way to go.

I have waited a long time to hear any news of an expansion for STCC, and simbin drops a bomb off no less than five expansions. Hopefully we get 2009/2010 WTCC and STCC cars and tracks inkluded in the expansions. Codemaster can give up the license for BTCC, and let Simbin give us BTCC title before moving on to he new game engine. Why not throw in the JTCC (Swedish junior touringcar championship) that would be a nice feature for us touringcar fans.

They mention that the additional content is going to be put into place based on user comments on what they would like to see in the game. With the addition of the 7th gear, I am hoping that they decided to put at least an F1 car into the mix as well as the Aussie V8's and Bathurst. :)

I've always said Simbin should have released add-on packs including cars from their past sims, especially GT Legends. I'll buy them so long as its more than just a quick and dirty port over from the original, hopefully they will tweak the car models and textures to bring them up to the quality we expect on todays PC's

What ever the expansion packs will be, they'll have to be spectacular to keep me loyal to this franchise. And great, now we get a new fastest class, the RR, which is way too much arcade to hold that position gracefully. Expect to see unbeliavable lap times in the future, very much like the WTCC Extreme. The sim in SimBin is diminishing rapidly, i fear the worst for GTR3 if this trend continues.

1). The FRR & Hochenhiem (RaceRoom the Game) = Free

2). The Ford GT & 63' Corvette Grand Sport & Zolda (realtime racing) = Free

3). Volvo the game content = Free

4). STCC 2 = €10

5). WTCC 09' (Or if feeling real generous 09' & 10') = €10

Ok that's my predication it could also be as others mentioned GTL & GTR 2 but I think more likely my 5 than converts of old

Well i loved gtr2 ,race 07 and even gtr evo but please...After the majority of the team that made gtr,gtr 2 and worked on race 07 left to make the ferrari project game (and in the end made a arcade nfs shift...) simbin has nothing new engine wise....Yes there is a ton of new tracks and cars BUT on an engine that is 5+ years old....Race 07 was a polished version of 2006 race and gtr evo was a polished version of race 07 and stcc was a swedish championship based on race 07 so....you get the idea....

Bram Hengeveld;755654 said:
I am pretty sure it's something like this:
1) Formula RR (free, email registration boosting to sell GTR 3)
2) GTR 2 (old recycled content, not free)
3) GT Legends (old recycled content, not free)
4) STCC 2 (limited new content, not free)
5) WTCC 09, 10 or 11 (few new content (cruze?), not free)

Here you go: five packs

Well, GTR2 and GTL wouldn't be "expansion packs" in my sense of the word. I understand Simbins strategy - income to finance new projects, and get the last out of their gmotor2-license. And remember that it's everyones choice whether or not to purchase.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back