RACE 07 dedicated server help

Yves Larose

Premium
hi guys, i just installed the race 07 dedicate server and tried it but when i'm trying to connect it says that it can't connect so i was wondering if someone could help me please :thumb:

thanks in advance

• Andrew Evans

hi guys, i just installed the race 07 dedicate server and tried it but when i'm trying to connect it says that it can't connect so i was wondering if someone could help me please :thumb:

thanks in advance

do you show has having a ping of 5000 on the server list?
firewall is blocking it, in that case...

Yep and I'm guessing i can't do that ?
you should be able to if you change the port range in the server ini file, in gtr2 there was a help file to show you how to do it but i do not think there is anything similar for race07 but a quick look at the ini file and it looks like you would have to change these lines
PortRangeBegin=0
PortRangeEnd=0

afraid i can not test as i have my dedicated server installed on another pc with a different ip address so have never had this problem.

I've tried this and spent hours in the router trying to get it to work which i eventually did but any more than 2 or 3 cars and the lag was unbearable, you need a lot of bandwidth to run a decent amount of cars :( for what it's worth I turned off the firewall on the pc and set up a DMZ in the router :)

you should be able to if you change the port range in the server ini file, in gtr2 there was a help file to show you how to do it but i do not think there is anything similar for race07 but a quick look at the ini file and it looks like you would have to change these lines
PortRangeBegin=0
PortRangeEnd=0

afraid i can not test as i have my dedicated server installed on another pc with a different ip address so have never had this problem.

You don't need to. I run a race07 online dedi server from my pc regularly and can connect to it without any changes.

the standard ports are TCP+UDP 48942 – 48957 and UDP 26900-26907 so you need to change it from that.
i am not sure if you have to specify which ports within the ini file or if it will accept changing it to say +1
For gtr2 you could specify the ports used within your plr file but with race07 it is slightly different.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%