RACE 07 dedicated server help

Yves Larose

Premium
hi guys, i just installed the race 07 dedicate server and tried it but when i'm trying to connect it says that it can't connect so i was wondering if someone could help me please :thumb:

thanks in advance

I have opened all of the necessary ports along with the steam ports but it's still doesn't work:(

Well, there is two things here. In order to setup a dedicated server locally, you need to open ports in the firewall otherwice people will get 5000 in ping. If you do that according to the book you should be able to start a dedicated server on the same IP and connect to that using LAN connection.

But if you want to have the dedicated server on another computer then there is a problem. To solve that you need to setup the dedicated server to use the ports (in DedicatedServer.ini) used by Race in LAN mode like this:
PortRangeBegin=48959
PortRangeEnd=48973
Then you will be able to connect from the same LAN (with the dedicated server in internet mode) or using Hamachi. If you want people from the outside to connect, then you need to use the port range above in the firewall instead of the standard ones. The new port range apperantly is communicated to the internet Lobby.
The dedicated server should then be started in Internet mode.

It took some hours to figure that out!

/Henrik Ossiansson

• Matt Alpeter

if i start dedicated_server.exe in steam folder , it gives me an error saying it doesnt find steam.dll

do i need to start this some other way ..??

i want to practice the wet race ..

i think you already figured it out, but you must start it from the tools tab in steam. however, i have a server up (called Team -HK-) running the wet track 24/7 and RD just put up a server.

• ako0404

Hi everyone... I've got "race wtcc game" and the problem is that it can't conect to the server. what is the problem how do you think? I've cnofigured firewall, so that one is ok.. help please

Under normal circumstances you shouldn't need to edit the port range in the .INI to get the DS working. All you need to do is forward the Ports TCP+UDP 48942 – 48957 and UDP 26900-26907 in the Router and\or Firewall to the server IP address. You should then be able to Host on one PC and connect on either LAN or Internet to your server using your Client PC.

If that doesn't work you may have to forward additional Ports UDP 48958-48973 to the Server IP also.

Some Routers seem to have problems Hosting and Playing from the same connection and you may also have issues Hosting and Playing on the same computer.

Did anyone have troubles mapping these ports in a Dlink DGL-4300 Game Fuel router?

I'd hate to have to host in the DMZ

It appears your router needs your computer to have a static IP address in order for port forwarding to work. Once you have that done you go to the router's IP address and log in. Click advanced, click gaming on the left side and enter the information into the window that you see. You may need to figure out how to setup more than a single one due to the game requiring UDP as well as TCP/IP.

Under normal circumstances you shouldn't need to edit the port range in the .INI to get the DS working.
All you need to do is forward the Ports TCP+UDP 48942 – 48957 and UDP 26900-26907 in the Router and\or Firewall to the server IP address. You should then be able to Host on one PC and connect on either LAN or Internet to your server using your Client PC.

If that doesn't work you may have to forward additional Ports UDP 48958-48973 to the Server IP also.

Some Routers seem to have problems Hosting and Playing from the same connection and you may also have issues Hosting and Playing on the same computer.

Hey guys!
I do still dealing with my server/router setup because i can launch my Race 07 dedicated server, i can see it over the multiplayer(internet lobby) and LAN, but the thing is that neither me nor anybody can´t log in my multiplayer server.
When i launch my dedi server i just can log in and race by LAN and suddenly after i've just press on start button all my LAN server gets crowed with AI drivers???(the first time ive launch a server and i've got so excited i was chatting with them but nobody answer, lol :S)
when i just launch Race 07 without the server i can see and log normally on multiplayer lobby.

So, I do have some questions for ya.:
1.- What do ya think is going on, could it just be that i can´t race and host Race 07 with the same pc?
2.- What about my router ports?. I've set them up but how do i know they both have been set properly up and are working?
3.- It´s supposed i do have to copy Race07 ports from my routers config to my dedicated server?
I´ve not found any spot to paste them over the steam Race07 server.
I´ve just found "Competition server mode", Competition ID", and Server ID" at the first window of
my dedi server.
4.-When i opened the ports over my router, the first thing ive gotta fill in was that smtp,ftp,pc anywhere,html, etc. I´ve just chose ftp. Which is the right one to click on?.
Then u fill up the ports, starting and ending, ur fixed pc ip, gateway.

Looks like I´ve got no problem with the ping, cause it gets as low as 4 never saw it going over a 1000.

Thanks so much!
Martin. :)

Under normal circumstances you shouldn't need to edit the port range in the .INI to get the DS working. All you need to do is forward the Ports TCP+UDP 48942 – 48957 and UDP 26900-26907 in the Router and\or Firewall to the server IP address. You should then be able to Host on one PC and connect on either LAN or Internet to your server using your Client PC.

OUUUU YEAHHH!
Thankss so so muchh Craig, u rock mann! and thanks to Dennis too cause i was messing around with that dammet server window setup, i've just unmark that Competition Mode (which i do still don´t have any clue at all what is that option for, hahaha) and wuaallaaa! it works out and my server is RUNNING OVER WHEELS with the lowest PING at Race 07 multiplayer lobby going from 4 up to at most 260´s aprox.

Here i´m gonna give ya a summary of the ports that work out for my router:
Ports forward for Race 07
Router: TP-Link
Model: TD-W8961ND
I had to forward the following ports:
1.-TCP+UDP(all): 34000-34297 (begin-end)
2.-TCP+UDP(all): 34347-34347 (begin-end)
3.-TCP+UDP(all): 34349-34349 (begin-end)
4.-TCP+UDP(all): 48942-48957 (begin-end)
5.-TCP(only): 27020-27050 (begin-end)
6.-UDP(only): 26900-26907 (begin-end)
7.-UDP(only): 27000-27020 (begin-end)
8.-UDP(only): 48958-48973 (begin-end)

At the end it was a lucky shoot cause every router has its own ports to be forward for a specific game and this was same case scenario for my router modem :p

Hoping this gonna work out for you too my dear Fellas!
GOD BLESS YA ALL!! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back