Race 07 bugs that annoy me

I was thinking that maybe mentioning the few things that i hate about the game might end in them being fixed sometime in the future. I do also believe that elefants may fly.

So here they are:

1) The tire wear thing. Has anyone noticed that even if you stand still, the tires start to wear down, going roughly half a percent per minute? Yeah, stand outside of garage for long enough and they might blow up. At least MotecAdd reports this.

2) Early hop into driver seat means disadvantage. Before race start you have 2 minutes to get ready for the start. I noticed too, that when you start early, you are sitting for 2 minutes in idle on start, and your tires cool off, and start to wear (see 1) apart from everything else, i see that having tires at 60°C is quite an disadvantage towards first turns compared to having them at 80°C if you hopped in just before race start. Again, at least so reports MotecAdd.

3) The rocks. Yeah, the rocks running all around us when you chase a car, are unfrotunately computed ONLY based on relative distance difference. Stay behind a car close enough and you will get splashed by visious small rocks flying all around your car, making pretty holes into your windshield. Usually right in the middle, where you want to see. And yeah, they do fly around the track even if you are standing still on the grid. Which is what i hate. There is no velocity involved with the probability of rocks flying around, there is no cone of likely paths, it is just that. A car is in front of you on the track= you get holes in your windshield. Never mind that the car is on the other side of road, and you both are going 10 kmph. This sucks.

Solutions for these?

1) Easy, do not add this stupid increase-over-time algorithm, or at least modify it to be more proportional to actual velocity. No movement=no tire wear, unless you are parking in front of my house, where tires tend to disappear even when car is stationary. They tend to turn into pile of bricks!

2) Easy too. Car properties are constant until the race start (Ie "Grid Full" ). Might speed up the delay between qualy and race.

3) Equally easy too. Just a little common sense employed in correcting this algorithm, and a little effort too. No more fake algorithms in the era of GigaFLOPS!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%