Race #05, Turkey: Post-Race Discussion

I have tried very hard but i came to the conclusion a while back after round 1 when i finished 7th after months of hard work and preperation that i simply was not good enough, which is why i jacked it in after 3 years.. i will come back maybe a break will do me good.. not sure but i... i dont know.. i know how to win.. howto use strtegy to effect i just miss that final few tenths every time.. but i just cant accept that there are no secrets wtihin a top team.. you may think they are like normal settings etc.. but to others they woukd be like wow look at them we never thought of that lol

I understand what do you try to say Lee, but believe me, there isn't anything different in bigger teams. I had the same feeling as you last year when I was at Racing Factory, but since I joined Twister I've seen why big teams are fast. It's just a matter of having very good drivers, good preparation and organisation.

And about Bono's dominance, remember that both Twister drivers had screen freezes while leading in the first two races, Fred at Bahrain during the formation lap and Atze at Melbourne with around 15 laps to the end. So he is not unbeatable, he drove perfectly but he had also some luck.

Twister will win soon Lee, we are close, closer than last year, just very unexperienced in some ways. But while we are failing sometimes, we are learning twice as fast, and this will cointinue until we succeed. which is soon.

About the setup, I agree with Ondrej, there is no loop in the setup to gain time. It's pure driving and if you analyse Bono's driving correctly you see why he's so consistant and quick. Basically you can project which track he'll have an advantage and where us non Alonso style drivers have better odds.

Would just like to say that we at GT Omega shares different views to Lee, and would never wrongly accuse anyone of such a thing. Bono is just a great and consistent driver, and is especially strong at these understeer type tracks such as Turkey. It's up to the others to stop him, and am sure at more then one race Twister will be able to do that given luck comes their way, but Bono is just an expectationally gifted talent and will always be extremely hard to beat in FSR given his natural speed.

It's just a matter of having very good drivers, good preparation and organisation.

Our preparation and organisation is there we just seem to pick the wrong drivers so far in WC. We have the capabilities to give drivers what they need to reach the top but need at least one driver to fully fulfil the potential of what our car is capable of, we have testing data to show our car is there and for me it's pretty easy to setup the car for a certain driving and for him to reach his full pontetial, have many references for this.

If you had carried on Lee you would of kept improving as this year you was in the highhest position you ever been in FSR WC standings, and was consistently the best you have ever been (in terms of consistent results)And you would of kept getting faster as you where, and coming up to tracks you where stronger at better results would of come.

But I think this topic has now gone to far off topic and we have said what needs to be said, so a close is needed for us to carry on moving forward and avoid going in circles.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 46 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 105 13.9%