Race #03, China: Post-Race Checks

The appeal deadline is Thursday, May 10th @ 12:40 GMT.

Bono Huis

Q1: Clean
Q2: Clean
Log: Clean
Launch Control: Used
Pitstop: Lap 13, 28, 42
GPCOS: Ok
Penalty: N/A

Morgan Morand

Pitstop: Lap 13, 27, 41

Jaakko Mikkonen

Gergo Baldi

Pitstop: Lap 14, 28, 42

John-Eric Saxen

Pitstop: Lap 12, 26, 41

Yannick Lapchin

Jim Parisis

Log: Qualifying .tmp log, missing race log
Pitstop: Lap 13, 14, 27, 42
Penalty: 1.0 Penalty Points for Incidents #7 & #14, Disqualification for log infraction

Patrick De Wit

Q2: N/A
Pitstop: Lap 14, 27, 39
Penalty: 1.0 Penalty Points for Incident #10, Official Warning for Incident #2

Petar Brljak

GPCOS: Late GPCOS comment (1st time)
Penalty: Official Warning for late GPCOS comment

Philipp Puschke

Pitstop: Lap 13, 27, 41

Eros Masciulli

Q1: Started from the back of the grid
Penalty: Disqualification for Incident #18, 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #23

Marcel vd Linden

Pitstop: Lap 15, 30, 45

Fabrizio Gobbi

Pitstop: Lap 14, 29, 42
Penalty: Official Warning for late GPCOS comment

Blair Disley

Pitstop: Lap 21, 39

Giorgos Manousakis

Peter Varga

Pitstop: Lap 13, 27, 42

Rafael Cozzi

Pitstop: Lap 15, 29, 43

Giuseppe Marconi

Pitstop: Lap 12, 26, 40

Jimmy Dion

Launch Control: Not Used (2nd time)
Pitstop: Lap 15, 31
GPCOS: Late GPCOS comment (2nd time)
Penalty: Back of the Grid for Launch Control infraction, 0.5 Penalty Points for late GPCOS comment

Dian Kostadinov

Pitstop: Lap 1, 2, 16, 28
Penalty: Official Warning for Incident #16

Raino Room

Pitstop: Lap 11, 26
Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #12

Jonathan Dion

Launch Control: Not Used (2nd time)
Pitstop: Lap 13 CUT (2nd time)
Penalty: Back of the Grid for Launch Control infraction, 1.5 Penalty Points for Incidents #13 & #17, 0.5 Penalty Points for late GPCOS comment, 0.5 Penalty Points for pit exit infraction = 2.5 Penalty Points total

Giuseppe Rainieri

Pitstop: Lap 4, 20, 24
Penalty: 1.0 Penalty Points for Incident #4, Official Warning for late GPCOS comment

Rasmus Tali

Pitstop: N/A
Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for Incident #9, Official Warning for Incident #1

Fredrik Nilsson

Pitstop: Lap 1

George Chatzipantelis

Pitstop: N/A
Penalty: 0.5 Penalty Points for late GPCOS comment

Incidents:

Driver(s) Involved: Yannick Lapchin Rasmus Tali

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 1 / Current lap laptime 7sec

Review: Tali is going through T1 with Brljak and Lapchin on the outside. Tali passes Brljak but then carries too much speed and runs in to Lapchin, causing light contact. Tali then accelerates in to the back of Mikkonen, again resulting in light contact.

Verdict: Official Warning for Rasmus Tali, if either car had lost a position or received damage, the penalty would be higher.

Driver(s) Involved: Yannick Lapchin Patrick De Wit

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 2 / Current lap laptime 14sec

Review: De Wit and Lapchin running side by side through T1-2 with De Wit on the inside and Lapchin on the outside. Approaching T3 they are still side by side, now with Lapchin on the inside and De Wit on the outside. As they reach the turn-in point, De Wit doesn't give room for Lapchin, resulting in light contact and for De Wit to take the position.

Verdict: Official Warning for Patrick De Wit

Driver(s) Involved: Fabrizio Gobbi George Chatzipantelis

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 3 / Current lap laptime 1min 20sec

Review: Gobbi and Chatzipantelis are approaching the hairpin. Chatzipantelis attempts to overtake Gobbi with a late braking manouver, but brakes too late and runs wide.

Verdict: Nothing.

Driver(s) Involved: Marcel vd Linden, Giuseppe Rainieri

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 4 / 8:42

Review: Rainieri is approaching T1 with Varga and vd Linded battling in front of him. Rainieri tries to go through T1 with normal speed and does not react to Varga and vd Linden driving slower than normal because of their battle. Rainieri runs in to the back of vd Linden, losing his own front wing and causing damage + 5 lost positions for vd Linden.

Verdict: 1.0 Penalty Points for Giuseppe Rainieri

Driver(s) Involved: Giuseppe Rainieri & Marcel vd Linden

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 4 / 8:42

Review: Read Incident Review #4

Driver(s) Involved: Yannick Lapchin Gergo Baldi

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 12 / Current lap laptime 1min 23sec

Review: De Wit and Baldi are battling in to the hairpin, with Lapchin following closely. De Wit takes the middle of the track, Baldi takes the outside and Lapchin has the outside for the braking zone. Baldi is braking alongside De Wit, with both of them missing the apex. Lapchin tries to cutback on De Wit, but Baldi is still on the inside of De Wit, hidden from Lapchin's field of vision. Lapchin and Baldi make contact, with Lapchin running wide and losing 2 positions.

Verdict: Racing Incident

Driver(s) Involved: Rasmus Tali, Jim Parisis

Lap/Replay Time: 13 / 23:06

Review: Tali and Parisis are approaching side by side, with Tali on the outside and slightly ahead of Parisis. Tali starts turning in, preparing for a line to leave room for Parisis. Parisis is preparing for a wider turn-in however, resulting in Tali spinning from the light contact and losing 6 positions.

Verdict: 0.5 Penalty Points for Jim Parisis, this was mostly a miscommunication, but Parisis should've taken a more careful approach

Driver(s) Involved: Rasmus Tali and Jim Parisis

Lap/Replay Time: 13 / 23:06

Review: Read Incident Review #7

Driver(s) Involved: Yannick Lapchin Rasmus Tali

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 13 / Current lap laptime 1min 32sec

Review: Tali and Lapchin are approaching the final corner with Lapchin in front of Tali. Lapchin is going through the final corner normally while Tali is pitting. Tali dives in to the pit entry but leaves no room for Lapchin's car, making contact.

Verdict: 0.5 Penalty Points for Rasmus Tali, if Lapchin would've received damage or lost any more time than he did, the penalty would've been much more severe

Driver(s) Involved: Raino Room, Patrick De Wit

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 21 / 36:40

Review: De Wit and Room are going side by side through T1 and T2 with Room having the inside approach for T3. De Wit turns in without leaving space for Room, resulting in contact and 4 lost positions for Room.

Verdict: 1.0 Penalty Points for Patrick De Wit

Driver(s) Involved: Raino Room, Patrick De Wit

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 21 / 36:40

Review: Read Incident Review #10

Driver(s) Involved: Eros Masciulli Raino Room

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 21 / Current lap laptime 1min 25sec

Review: Masciulli and Room are approaching the hairpin, with Masciulli in front of Room. Room attempts to outbrake Masciulli on the inside. Masciulli leaves him space but Room goes too fast in to the corner considering his choice of line, resulting in light contact with Masciulli who loses momentum and the position to Room.

Verdict: 0.5 Penalty Points for Raino Room

Driver(s) Involved: M Morand Jo.Dion

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 22 / Current lap laptime 44sec

Review: Morand is going through S2 approaching to lap Jo.Dion. Dion takes an unusual line through the double-lefthander, slowing down at the 2nd apex with Morand right behind him, causing Morand to back off and lose time.

Verdict: 0.5 Penalty Points for Jonathan Dion

Driver(s) Involved: Eros Masciulli Jim Parisis

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 23 / Current lap laptime 7sec

Review: Masciulli and Parisis are going through T1 with Masciulli ahead by a car length. Masciulli runs slightly wide which allows Parisis to close the gap. Parisis attempts to pass Masciulli on the inside, but goes too fast and makes light contact with Masciulli, who loses momentum and the position.

Verdict: 0.5 Penalty Points for Jim Parisis

Driver(s) Involved: Eros Masciulli and Jim Parisis

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 23 / 40:13

Edit: check the next post

Driver(s) Involved: Dian Kostadinov Eros Masciulli

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 23 / Current lap laptime 55sec

Review: Kostadinov and Masciulli are approaching the start of S3, with Masciulli one lap ahead of Kostadinov. Kostadinov makes a half-hearted passing attempt on Masciulli, who turns in and the two make light contact.

Verdict: Official Warning for Dian Kostadinov, if Masciulli had received damage or lost any time the penalty would've been higher

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 25 / Current lap laptime 1min 20sec

Review: Jo.Dion, Kostadinov and Masciulli are going through the hairpin, with Kostadinov in the middle. Dion goes on half-throttle in preparation to let Masciulli lap him, however Kostadinov is right behind Dion. Kostadinov has to make a quick move to avoid contact with Dion, causing him to lose control and hit Masciulli.

Verdict: 1.0 Penalty Points for Jonathan Dion, lack of awareness

Driver(s) Involved: Dian Kostadinov, Eros Masciulli

Lap/Replay Time: 25 for Dian, 26 for leaders / 45:50

Review: Kostadinov and Masciulli are entering the back straight with Kostadinov in front. Kostadinov slows down to let Masciulli lap him again. Masciulli, apparently frustrated over the previous incident, aims his car toward Kostadinov and makes moderate/heavy contact.

Verdict: Disqualification for Eros Masciulli, major online etiquette breach

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 26 / Current lap laptime 1min 8sec

Review: Read Incident Review #18

Driver(s) Involved: Eros Masciulli Patrick De Wit

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 56 / Current lap laptime 1min 31sec

Review: De Wit and Masciulli are approaching the final corner, with De Wit clearly ahead of Masciulli. De Wit is running out of fuel so his corner speed through the final corner is abnormal.

Verdict: Nothing.

Driver(s) Involved: Masciulli Puscke

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 56 / Current lap laptime 1min 34sec

Review: Masciulli and Puschke are approaching the final corner with Masciulli in front. Masciulli goes too fast in to the final corner, causing him to have a slow exit. Puschke goes on the lefthand side of Masciulli for the run to the finish line. Masciulli makes one move towards the left to block, then straightens his car and makes another move to the left which Puschke doesn't react to, resulting in contact which sends Masciulli in to the barrier, losing 2 positions to both Puschke and Brljak. Puschke also loses a position to Brljak.

Verdict: Racing Incident, since Masciulli lost the most in this incident, otherwise there would've been a penalty for him.

Driver(s) Involved: Eros Masciulli and Philipp Puschke

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 56 / 95:28

Review: Read Incident Review #21

Driver(s) Involved: Masciulli De Wit

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 56/57 ( No laptime ) On the finish line.

Review: De Wit and Masciulli have past the finishline. De Wit is coasting next to the pitwall, running out of fuel. Masciulli runs in to De Wit, crashing both of their cars.

Verdict: 0.5 Penalty Points for Eros Masciulli, not really related to the race except for the new rule addition for this year:

12.7 After crossing the finish line, the drivers can drive a victory lap back to the pits or press ESC as soon
as they want. Drivers are not allowed to crash in to other cars or walls while celebrating/mourning the
happenings of the race.

I removed all of the protest descriptions sent by all the teams because some of them contained unnecessary remarks (which will be discussed on the TOA) and I would've gone way past the 10k character limit for 1 single post.

Edit: missed one incident

Driver(s) Involved: Eros Masciulli and Jim Parisis

Lap/Replay Time: Lap 23 / 40:13

Review: Masciulli and Parisis are approaching T5. Masciulli brakes later than Parisis and is on the outside nearing the turn-in phase. Masciulli turns in a bit early and makes light contact with Parisis.

Verdict:
Racing Incident, no damage or time/positions lost.

I'm very surprise that Kostadinov had no more penalty.
He was lapped and racing like he was in the same lap of Masciulli.

So. If there is consistency in penalty. ( For example ) i can ask my teammates when there are lapped to overtake Huis in straight line and block him after. Let him pass again and overtake him again and block him again and again ??
It makes no sense, and it's pure blocking.

I was faster than him like 0.5-0.6 secounds and tried to overtake him and pushing away but then gave me Blue Flag again and had to let him. I am racing too do not forget and can overtake him if i see am faster. I did mistake when i blocked him a little but was without sense. Tried to pushing away and was like 1 secound ahead and the game gave me again blue flag which i didnt understand and decided to let him on the straight. If you are lap behind, what do you think will stay and wait to do some mistake when you are faster than other guys.

Dian was allowed to pass Eros, this is not against rules.
Also maybe penality would have been more rough for Dian if Eros didnt have made this kind of manouver what he did to Dian, pure ramming.
And dont look at things only trough your own eyes.

And dont look at things only trough your own eyes.

Raino, i will reply calm to you, but i just want one thing from you, be respectful.
2 week you are very agressive in forum whereas we don't talk bad to you or anything else.
If you continue in this way, we will do everything to ask a temp ban.

Anyway.
"9.1 It is the driver's, who is receiving the blue flag, responsibility to move out of the way, off the racing
line. Backmarkers are obliged to give way to frontrunners at the earliest possibility." rule of race supplement.

A driver, even when he is faster, need to not make the race of one driver more difficult, if he is 2s faster, of course he won't have the problem but they had almost same pace. I will ask some precision of this rule soon.

Dian was allowed to pass Eros, this is not against rules.
Also maybe penality would have been more rough for Dian if Eros didnt have made this kind of manouver what he did to Dian

If this is not against rules, why the penalty will be more rough ? It's just paradoxical...

Yes, need to be add some point of that, i don't know what is the rule in F1, but i thought if you overtake one driver who lapped you then no more blue flags from him. That's why i overtook him.

P.S. Raino doenst say anything against rules, think you understood what he said wrong. Sorry that i post again, this will be my last post for this thread. Cheers :)

I know in Nascar, the driver being lapped can defend his position to the 1st, as in Endurance.
But in F1, the guy lapped need to clear the racing line to not make slower the frontrunner, the frontrunner has the priority in F1.

Cheers Dian.

ok, from this moment its my last post in this forum, cause maybe i get ban or sth.
Cya only on track.
Hope you've been ironic there as I see no reasons why you should not post here. I don't see any admin warning you or anything (of course as there would be no reason). Your opinion worths just as much as Morand's one or anyone else nor I read anything offensive from you.

Sorry for the extremely late appeal reviews:

Appeal #1 (Incident #7: Tali & Parisis - Appeal sent by GhostSpeed)

The majority of COA agrees with the appeal, stating that Jim Parisis was not to blame for the incident. According to article 7.1, a fair amount of room has to be given for both cars to proceed through the bend safely. The finding of the COA was that Rasmus Tali started his turn-in to the corner somewhat earlier than on the previous lap. Due to the early turn-in of Tali, there was little that Parisis could have done to avoid the incident, although his approach could have been slightly more cautious. However, because of the narrow margins at high-speed and the tricky entry, the COA deems this as a racing incident, with no further penalties for either driver.

Appeal Result: Racing incident, penalty of Parisis removed

Appeal #2 (Incident #21: Masciulli & Puschke - Appeal sent by Ash Racing)

As the replay shows, the blocking move of Eros Masciulli on Philipp Puschke did not give any benefit to Masciulli, but as a consequence, Petar Brljak passed both cars. Even though the maneuver did not benefit the offending driver, the COA finds that such dangerous driving should be penalized on principle. The direction change of Masciulli was far too quick for Puschke to have any time to react properly. With both cars fully alongside each other, such blocking moves are strongly prohibited as per article 6.2 c).

Appeal Result: 1.0 penalty points to Eros Masciulli

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing