Race #02, Malaysia: Post-Race Checks

Sry but de wit is just braking later and harder than parisis and use the gap. Parisis was a little sleeping.
In a battle you should not focus on track. You should only focus on your opponent. And he saw, that de wit was a bit left behind him and turning in earlier to apex. And de wit got the apex without loosing control of the car.
Racing is bring your opponent in a bad situation. And the argument: Parisis could have turn in and make an accident... bad argument. then parisis race would be over too... and that cant be the target of a racing driver who will catch points. or you have flavio as team manager ;)

Last edited:
Fact is Jim Parisis got outbraked from 4 car lengths behind, despite being on a much higher downforce setup. De Wit caught him sleeping, it was a risky move but he made the apex without any issues. It was a fantastic and fair overtake by Patrick and anyone who thinks otherwise is either out of his mind or doesn't know anything about racing.
nuff said close thread please :p

No, because the only reason both drivers made it safely is because the driver in front had to gave up his position despite being clearly in front before the turn in phase, which means he had the position well covered and the car from the back didn't have the right to make an overtake attempt.

As it seems no one wants to check the rulebook, this is what they say:

2rz5ob5.png

r2qpg0.png

bi3qu0.png

x1ftis.png

The only driver who has atleast the front alongside the other car arriving to the turn-in point is .... Hamilton.

And as I already predict that someone will say that FSR rules sucks: those rules were voted by WC teams. No one complained about this overtaking definition in the last 5 years.
If there the rules then suppose its black and white then..literally :)..I was just suggesting from a sim racers perspective that if I have been dive bombed and the attacker makes the apex still in shape then I cant really complain..he legitimately out braked me... ofc its another story if he's sideways trying to murder me..lucky for FSR drivers you have this SR to deal with them if its the latter.

As it seems no one wants to check the rulebook, this is what they say:

And as I already predict that someone will say that FSR rules sucks: those rules were voted by WC teams. No one complained about this overtaking definition in the last 5 years.

The rulebook was checked and presented.

When overtaking a competitor, the attacking party should only
attempt to overtake in a corner if at least the front of his car is alongside the defending party when they arrive at the turn-in point of the corner. If the attacking party tries to make a move from further back and makes contact with the defending party, the attacker will be held accountable. Conversely, if the defending party does not give enough room for the attacking party when they arrive at the apex of a corner side-by-side, ending in contact, the defending party will be held accountable.

The rule spells out 2 conditionals for a penalty
#1. IF the attacking party tries to make a move from further back and makes CONTACT WITH THE DEFENDING PARTY, the attacker will be held accountable.
#2. IF the defending party does not give enough room for the attacking party when they arrive at the apex of a corner side-by-side, ENDING IN CONTACT, the defending party will be held accountable.

Neither condition was met. Lacking the requisite contact to incur this penalty should not have been applied.

I think in racing very little goes as expected, in the end that is what racing is and what makes it fun to watch. If every of 26 cars finish the race in the order they start as expected in all races of the season as expected, viewers auditory will drop dramatically as people will lose interest quickly. Think about it.

Totally agree,

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back