Race #02, Australia: Race Briefing

Welcome to the 2nd race of the 2011 Formula SimRacing World Throphy season in Australia.

The password to join the server will be visible when you log in to GPCOS in the Control Center next to the server's IP address.

Following drivers (9) have automatically gained the right to race in Grid 1. The listed drivers are NOT ALLOWED to take part in Pre-Qualifying:

Eduard Mallorqui
Martin Gosbee
Ben Tusting
Ben Phillips
Juhani Åhlman
Benjamin Chong
Ivar Kalamees
Morten Nomme
Renato Dornelles

Allocations: 43

Pre-Q Group 1
Chris Knight
Alberto De Juan
Steve Davis
Karl Tanel Lukken
Gianfranco Pagoto
Alessandro Puoti
Michael Gray
Petar Brljak
Mihajlo Vicentijevic
Fred Owen
Danni Fugl
Jacques Olivier
Juan Nicola
Matt Strand
Ryan Walker
Felipe Santoro
Sami Pesari
Philipp Umminger
David Gracia
Joona Leppaenen
Ika Tsitilashvili

Pre-Q Group 2
Marcel vd Linden
Jose Moura
Gabriel Biondo
Ramon Pineiro
Ihab Abbas
Heinz Vanderhoydonck
Ruben Alves
Bryan van Berlo
Tim Brook
Danny Roberts
Tomas Mikuta
Andreas Umminger
Mark Aalberts
Active Pitlane Start Penalties: 0
Schedule:
Sunday, 12:35 GMT: Server opens
Sunday, 12:45 GMT: Pre-Qualifying Group 1
Sunday, 13:05 GMT: Pre-Qualifying Group 2

Sunday, 13:20 GMT: G1 Practice
Sunday, 13:30 GMT: G1 Qualifying 1
Sunday, 13:45 GMT: G1 Qualifying 2
Sunday, 13:50 GMT: G1 Warmup
Sunday, 14:00 GMT: G1 Race Start

Sunday, 15:30 GMT: G2 Server opens
Sunday, 15:40 GMT: G2 Warmup
Sunday, 15:50 GMT: G2 Race Start

The Pre-Qualifying session will be 10 minutes in length. The session will be run in Private mode without Parc Ferme. The session will also be closed, this means that it will impossible for people to join while the session is running. The top 26 from Pre-Qualifying will make it in to Grid 1.

The Free Practice session will be 10 minutes in length and will be run in the "Practice 1" session. Every participating driver should join as soon as possible after the server opens to make sure that they don't miss the start of Qualifying and also to make sure that their game is configured & working properly.

The Qualifying 1 session will be 10 minutes in length and will be run in the "Practice 2" session. Drivers can use what ever setup they want, as long as they only drive with qualifying fuel loads.

The Qualifying 2 session will be 5 minutes in length. Only the top 10 drivers from Qualifying 1 will be allowed to go out on track. Drivers will be allowed to do one flying lap (one outlap, hotlap and inlap). Parc Ferme will be enforced. You will only be allowed to change your fuel load, engine boost, engine brakemap, front wing angle, steering lock, brake balance and brake pressure after the session is over, so make sure you have your race setup loaded when entering Qualifying 2. The session will be closed, meaning if you happen to join late, or for some reason drop out of the server during the session, you will not be able to rejoin the server until the server has moved to Warmup.

The Warmup session will be 10 minutes in length. While in the garage, make sure you add the appropriate amount of fuel in to your car for the race. Remember, refueling is banned. You can drive freely in the Warmup session to try to get a feel for the heavier car after qualifying on low fuel.

The Race will be 43 laps long. Drive safely during the race, especially at the start and the first lap in general.

Red Flags will NOT be used unless in very specific situations which are specified in the rule documents. The Safety car will not be available for use.

I opened the thread a bit earlier this time because I want to say that tomorrow the race will have timescaled mechanical failures, as rules says, unlike at Bahrain (server wasn't configured properly). That means if the race has 43 (75% of full race distance) laps, engine and brakes must do 58 "real" laps, so check properly radiators and brake ducts.

Yeah, I made this account before I got involved so I guess I need to make another one .. :p

Well, you will need to change it if you want to drive in RaceDepartment races, you'd need to apply to become a Licensed Member, if you don't want to drive in RD races then I don't think you need to change it,
You can apply for the license here: http://www.racedepartment.com/misc.php?do=form&fid=1

GL to all WT guys, sorry for off topic!

Drivers allowed to drive in Grid 1 :

1. Gianfranco Pagoto 1:22.5573
2. Alessandro Puoti 1:22.9374
3. Marcel vd Linden 1:23.1329
4. Jose Moura 1:23.2656
5. Mark Aalberts 1:23.3024
6. Andreas Umminger 1:23.4505
7. Tim Brook 1:23.4540
8. Alberto De Juan 1:23.5561
9. Sami Pesari 1:23.5834
10. Philipp Umminger 1:23.6414