R3E Update Preview - Multi Monitor Support, New Cars, Physics Updates and Lots More...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Callaway Corvette.jpg

Sector3 Studios have revealed some highlights from the upcoming November update, it's a big one...

The new patch looks likely to bring some of the biggest improvements and features to the simulation in recent months, with such interesting and much requested support for triple screen support, new 64bit launcher, three new GT3 cars, brand new physics and improvements to the current GT3 vehicles in the game and quite a bit more on top!

It has been a while since Sector3 Studios pushed out a new update for RaceRoom Racing Experience, and despite a few little previews coming from the studio the general feeling amongst the community in recent weeks has been one of frustration as players continue to wait for the next set of updates to hit the simulation.

It appears from todays preview information release that the Swedish developers are gunning for a rather tasty looking patch indeed, adding plenty of the stuff players have been patiently waiting for as well as a couple of little extras we've not been expecting...

You can check out the details of the upcoming November patch released by Sector3 below:

64bits
After the patch you will be able to choose between a 64bits executable or the traditional 32bits version. Provided that your operating system is 64bits, selecting the 64bits executable will allow the game to use as much RAM as it needs from your system, instead of the limited access to 4GB of the 32bits version.

Until now, the game was limited to use under 4GB of your available RAM, resulting in crashes when you attempted to load many cars on a big track like the Nürburgring Nordschleife.
After the update this will no longer be an issue for 64bit users.

NOTE: You need a 64-bit operating system and sufficient available RAM (4 GB+) to fully benefit from this update.

Multiview Triple Screen Support
As we already announced, we will release a first iteration of our improved Triple Screen Support,
featuring Multiview rendering, bezel- & angle correction.

r3e Triple Screen Support.jpg

Driver animations
We have updated a fair amount of our cars to use the full 360 degree driver animation, which especially VR users will be glad to hear.

A new Competition Concept: Race 2 Win
Competitions played a huge role in RaceRoom since day one. From the Time Attacks on the leaderboards to today's full online championships endorsed by official Series and manufacturers such as the WTCC and Mercedes.

Now we want to take it one step further, by allowing everyone to compete for actual prizes, 24/7.
Drivers will be able to participate in selected competitions by paying a small amount of vRP's, and get the chance to win awesome prizes.

Rules of R2W Competitions can vary, from time limited sessions to a limited number of laps available to set your laptime.

The development of this concept is still in its early days, but we hope to expand it in the future, and to reward our best drivers with top prizes.

GTR 3 Class Update
We know we've kept you waiting for quite a while, but we promise it will pay off.
In preparation for the new GT3 car releases, the entire GTR3 class has been updated in terms of physics, AI and BOP (Balance of performance).

The word "update" might even be an understatement, as recently joined Sector3 Studios Physics developer Alex Hodgkinson pretty much reworked every single aspect of the cars physics.
Thanks to some great insights and data we received from real GT3 teams and manufacturers, such as Callaway Competition, we were able to recreate the cars to an unprecedented degree of realism, especially in terms of suspension geometry, tyre modelling, weight distribution & aerodynamic aspects.

The results are much better driveable cars, that follow the driver's input very precisely, also giving much better information in the FFB (force feedback) through the steering wheel.
Many hours have been spent comparing real life footage and data to simulate the cars as close to reality as possible.

On patch day you will be able to experience this in all available GT3 cars, as well as in some new additions that will become available ;)

R3E Callaway Corvette.jpg
R3E New Audi.jpg
R3E New Mercedes.jpg

Porsche?
We promised you 3 Porsche race cars in 2017, and we still stand by that promise. We will reveal what exactly we have in store for you after the November patch.

R3E New Porsche.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy with the contents of the upcoming November update? What aspect of the information reveal are you most interested in seeing once the patch releases? What are your thoughts on paid competitions ? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Except that a motion simulator doesn't really simulate acceleration or deceleration, at least none that I've been in (and I've been in several), they just shake you around a bit and lean you in various directions but you never get that feeling of speeding up or slowing down. I don't think any of that would trick your inner ear into thinking you're accelerating or decelerating, but I could be wrong.

Yeah I'm not sure how well a 6DOF simulator can trick you. It might not be enough. Haven't tried one yet but looks like a lot of fun. Have you tried a 6DOF?

Yeah I'm not sure how well a 6DOF simulator can trick you. It might not be enough. Haven't tried one yet but looks like a lot of fun. Have you tried a 6DOF?

I've been in five or six different motion rigs but they were all public setups at events and stuff so I don't know the details of them. I didn't really find any of them all that convincing as far as making me feel like I was actually moving, they were more like advanced FFB effects and sometimes it was actually distracting (probably because I'm not used to it). This is the most advanced one I tried and I found the movements incredibly distracting and confusing.

Target date is now 28th:

We've been busy getting the balance of the GT3's as close as we can. We know we'll most likely use the live feedback, race results and leaderboards data once all the players got their hands on them and roll out some further tweaks, but we wanted to ensure that we get them as balanced as possible on patch day.

We also gave ourselves some extra testing time for the feature regarding competitions.

Today we're going to give the patch candidate build to our betatesters for final tests over the weekend.

If all goes well we should be rolling it out on the 28th, next tuesday. Which is not a promise, still a target date

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/november-2017-update.9633/page-18#post-133851

I’m already grabbing my popcorn when all the crybabies start to moan if Sector 3 cannot hold the 28th. Looking at the forum right now is a shame: grown up men stumping on the floor because they don’t get what they want. Hilarious. :D

I’m already grabbing my popcorn when all the crybabies start to moan if Sector 3 cannot hold the 28th. Looking at the forum right now is a shame: grown up men stumping on the floor because they don’t get what they want. Hilarious. :D
Which is why I don't bother visiting their forums very often. You get better discussions here, and less whining for the most part. Who cares if they miss the date? It's not going to hurt anyone. Do people want a patch that improves the game, or breaks it because it was rushed? So dumb. :rolleyes:

Which is why I don't bother visiting their forums very often. You get better discussions here, and less whining for the most part. Who cares if they miss the date? It's not going to hurt anyone. Do people want a patch that improves the game, or breaks it because it was rushed? So dumb. :rolleyes:
There are like three or four unreasonable people there (always the same ones) and dozens of understanding and great. The S3 community is one of the best out there. I actually encounter more whining here a lot of the time (not right now, I guess).

I remember the days when you got a cassette tape. Getting the b*****d to load was an accomplishment in itself! :O_o:

Totally OT, but - my phone startup animation (made it myself from scratch). It's an old video that should me remade in better quality and the phone is now different, but it still applies.

Get ready!
The all new Callaway Cars Inc Corvette C7 GT3-R will be released for RaceRoom next week.

The car builds on the famous Corvette Z06.R GT3 and comes with once again more performance and aerodynamics. This astonishing racing car was developed by the company Callaway Competition based in Leingarten (Heilbronn, Germany), and has a 6.2-liter V-8 under its hood, producing up to 600 HP, making it the quickest race-spec C7 developed as of yet.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...ay-corvette-c7-gt3-r.6404/page-13#post-134052

Last edited:
The latest generation of the Audi R8 LMS will be released in RaceRoom next week!

In the meantime check out the Interview RaceDepartment did with Sector3 Studios Producer Jean-François Chardonhttps://goo.gl/irnuJj
And make sure to catch the LIVE preview of the new GT3 cars at 2.30pm (UK) on ➤twitch.tv/racedepartment

The Audi R8 LMS is following in the footsteps of its successful predecessor, featuring even more race car technology.
It combines lightweight qualities with a unique safety concept and a highly efficient 585 hp powered production-like V-10 unit.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/audi-r8-lms-2016.6174/page-18#post-134134

And as expected...

The Mercedes-AMG GT3 will be released this week!

The car was developed with the ambition to win. Based on the production version of the GT and with the wealth of experience acquired from the achievements of the SLS AMG GT3. It pairs high-class technology with a spectacular design. And it impresses with maximum safety, precise dynamics and easy driveability.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...des-amg-gt3-licensed.6040/page-23#post-134201

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%