R3E unplayable on highend system help pls!

Hi,

I bought DTM:E back in the day and played a little bit until I got fed up with the none-adapting AI (apparently I suck).
Back then R3E worked absolutely fine.
Since then I replaced my PC with a more powerful one and recently got an 800 points gift from SinBin so I reinstalled E3R to try it out.

However it is now unplayable!
Once I go to a track the game starts to stutter heavily or may even stop responding completely. The sound also starts to fail and even if I can drive a few meters the FFB goes completely nuts.
I had Ventrilo running in the background the moment I go to track Ventrilo tells me that my sound device stops responding. Even if Ventrilo is off the issues remain.
I output the sound via DTS Interactive over an optical connection to a HD receiver.

System is as follows:

CPU: Intel i7 -4930K @ 4,4 GHz
Mainboard: Asus X79 Rampage IV Black
GPU: GeForce GTX 780 Ti SLI (Driver 340.43)
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 2133 MHz
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
HDD: Intel SSD 520 Series
Wheel: Fanatec CSW BMW M3 GT2 / Formula / Porsche 918 RSR & Clubsport Pedals (FW 53 & Driver 200)

Visual settings don’t do anything, this happens even on low settings.

WTF is going on?

Other games work flawless e.g. Assetto Corsa, pCARS, Watch Dogs (need to switch to stereo sound there but that’s a known issue), StarCitizen (SLI off, known issue)

I was able to fix the issue.
Responsible was the front I/O panel.

I don't know what the issue in detail is but I noticed in another instance that no USB 3.0 plug was working on it.
I had an Xbox One controller connected via one of the USB 2.0 plugs.
So since I had issue with USB devices not responding in R3E and the USB 3.0 plug not working in general despite being connected to the mainboard I tried to clear the I/O panel of any devices.
I disconnected the XBox One controller from the front I/O panel and connected into a plug on the mainboards rear panel.
And now the game works like a charm including SLI btw.

So I guess my front I/O panel is trash…

That's good that you resolved your issue but SLI doesn't work on this game. There's no Nvidia SLI profile yet for this game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back