R3E: The Pure Sound of Awesomeness

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Every weekend thousands of petrolheads are traveling towards a local racing circuit to watch live racing action, smell the fumes of high-octane fuel and last but not least: to hear the roar of the mighty engines!

The latter now has a new virtual benchmark set as SimBin Studios (oops, sorry) Sector3 Studios just released the above video showing a fixed angle camera located right next to the track, recording a race of brutal Group 5 cars producing stunning sounds in RaceRoom Racing Experience.

In my opinion this is what makes live motorsport so much more beautiful than watching races on your television: immersion. And guess what? We don't need to leave the house anymore as we can now experience the same feeling in a virtual environment.

It's time that fans are going to raise a statue for S3's sound-guru @anthony monteil somewhere in Sweden. Preferably somewhere close to a racing circuit.

Sound benchmark set, who's next?

Lovely sounds! Although, I also feel that even the inside sounds (from cockpit) is also very important. If car doesn't make me wet my pants (or better, having a accident involving nr 2 ;)), There is big chance I don't wanna use that particular car.

Last edited:
It would be so nice, if they make the outside sounds possible in other onboard cams like this front window view or even optional for the driver cam. One or two options more in the settings wouldn´t make it more confusing than it is already;)

It isn´t the standart at all, it is the benchmark. But as i wrote, the awesome sound you get only with this gamepad-driven-drone-view or on replays, not that much in the car, what should be an option.
I agree, it could do more for the in car sounds but its still way ahead of all the other products out there in my opinion.

I'm a bit confused with this. I owned 63 percent of this already yet I got charged £9.?? I don't want to turn this into a bitching session but I've now paid over £100 for content and can't see this cash cow ever stopping. I would rather there be people to race against than lots of content. However, the servers are ghost towns the majority of the time apart from servers with new content. I haven't seen a single person on the GT Masters 2014 servers. Bah!

I'm a bit confused with this. I owned 63 percent of this already yet I got charged £9.?? I don't want to turn this into a bitching session but I've now paid over £100 for content and can't see this cash cow ever stopping. I would rather there be people to race against than lots of content. However, the servers are ghost towns the majority of the time apart from servers with new content. I haven't seen a single person on the GT Masters 2014 servers. Bah!
You didn't own 63 percent, the discount was 63% compared to the individual prices summed up.

You didn't own 63 percent, the discount was 63% compared to the individual prices summed up.
I owned the
Okay, I already owned 2 of the cars that came with this pack which leaves me with 5 cars I didn't own. The payment of £9.?? was for 5 cars and a load of liveries which are completely modable in all other titles I use. In my opinion this is NOT a good business model for anyone apart from the developers and personally I'm tiring of having the piss taking out of my personal circumstances. GTR3 would have been the way to go with a 35 quid ticket but it seems like it's easier to release a product that allows you to milk an extortionate amount of money out of the end user instead of including it in the original product. Tired of the cash cow?......you bet yer.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 133 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 500 39.1%