R3E Special Event This June 23rd: French Grand Prix - Sign Up Now!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E French Grand Prix.jpg

The French Grand Prix at Paul Ricard.. in Formula One cars! Yes, our RaceRoom special event this Sunday June 23rd is going to be awesome - here's how to take part..

Online racing in a safe, secure and structured environment is the sort of goodness we love here at RaceDepartment, and from time to time we like to throw a bit of a curve ball into the mix... enter the R3E club racing special 90 minute live streamed RD French Grand Prix, using the exceptionally enjoyable high performance RaceRoom FR X-17.

How do I register for the race?
RD French Grand Prix: Sign up HERE. 90 minutes of racing, Circuit Paul Ricard, 20 cars, live stream and close racing - the RD French Grand Prix is going to be a little bit on the epic side, and you can get yourself in on the action too!

When is the event taking place?
Sunday 23rd June 2019 with practice beginning at 19:00 UTC, race start at 19:50 UTC.

What cars are you using?
The 2017 Formula One style RaceRoom FR X-17.

Where can I watch the live stream?
The RaceDepartment Twitch TV channel HERE.

If you fancy so good fun, a test of your driving skill and awesome racing, head over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club forum and get your name down and in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
If you are on the fence to do a 90 minute race, all I have to say is... Try it I think you will like it. So much good racing and with pit strategy and the inevitable on/off/on track excursions you never know where you will wind up. Good fun to be had.

Would love to come and play but I have two major problems right now...

1.) Both my Fanatec rims are screwed... BMW rim has a broken pin and, judging by the F1 rim, the wiring inside wasn't performed too well when originally put together at the factory, meaning its shorting out and needs rewiring and new sheaths applied.

2.) It's on a Sunday night, but for me it's Monday morning and I have work...

I hope to catch the stream at some point though as it sounds like a lot of fun!

Haha, listen to you lightweights that actually need sleep! :p We'll be all done by 21:20 UTC which isn't that late. If needed, just cancel Glastonbury and pull a sicky from work, you won't regret it! :D

Haha, listen to you lightweights that actually need sleep! :p We'll be all done by 21:20 UTC which isn't that late. If needed, just cancel Glastonbury and pull a sicky from work, you won't regret it! :D
Lol
Ross, I should have added that 9.20 UTC for me will be 05.20 in the morning....
I'd need to get up at 3am to join you guys, which I'm not adverse to do of course...
Booking a day off work could still be done, but point 1 of my 'excuse' still stands unfortunately... :(:cry:

What with the ongoing shoulder problem and now the addition of a crock back, I've only managed a handful of laps in any one session for the last 6 weeks. :( So nearly threw my hat in last night, as Macau is always so entertaining but managed to dose myself into dreamland and miss the start. :rolleyes: Gonna try to up my endurance but 90 mins by Sunday may be a tad optimistic. Not driven the FX17 for a while either, with it being so unforgiving and intense I'm not sure I would be anything other than a moving chicane for the rest of the field.
Hope very much to get back to some racing asap.
Have fun gents, will be watching at least.

I've actually had some of my best races at PR on ACC, would love to get in on this as sounds like a lot of fun.
Unfortunately I dont think I'm skilled enough to have my wheel repaired in time for it.
(E.g. I'm not sure my soldering iron even has a thin enough tip for such intricate work...)

Just did some shake down laps on server. All looks good on the server. Been spending some good time with this car and man is it fun to drive. Would love to have a full season in it. Hope all have patience with each other at the start Sunday this could be a great race. Good luck all. See all on track

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%