R3E release date?

Have they actually come out and said when this will be released as the full fat product? Or are they just going to string it along endlessly like pCARS and rFactor2?
Seems to me to be the done thing - release a 'beta' for a select few (or at least people who are willing to pay for it) and leave the rest of us hanging for years.
And by the time the finished product is (ever) released those already in these beta phases will no doubt be bored and moved on to the next one leaving the online elements (crucial to RRRE) in all possibility quite sparse. :ninja:

Probably. Maybe.

I don't believe they're charging for the beta like rF2 did, so there is no financial gain for Simbin to "string it along".

As this will be a free to play game a lot of people will try it once its released, so they want it to make a good first impression, not riddled with bugs etc!!

The backlash from failing to meet expectations around deadlines or rushing bug-ridden games out the door has taught the industry to hold their cards closely and should be seen as signs of intelligence. I wish my business software developers worked that way.

There is still alot that must be done on the Sim. .
And no, the beta testers dont have to pay for the sim to test, but i would imagine we would need to purchase it the same as everyone else once its released to the public.
I think that they would rather have people upset for being "late or taking long" than have them upset for delivering rubbish. Like the saying goes" it will be ready when its ready"

So the beta becomes open to all next week right? Will steam just update the Teaser version from late last year?

I have top say this is looking quite promising now.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back