R3E Pricing, discounts and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've noticed that some feel the pricing in R3E is a bit confusing, so I'm gonna try do my best to make it easier to understand here while also giving some tips on how to save a dollar or two in the process.

First off, you don't need to start the game to access the store, you can access the store and your account from here; http://game.raceroom.com

Hit the Store button at the top and then you can find the content just below under tha Cars, Tracks and Packs links.

I highly recommend to look at buying packs as these give you a big discount on the content compared to buying each car and track seperately! If you already own pieces of the content in a pack, you'll get further discount for what you own. Here's how you can tell;

1. Hover your mouse over the huge yellow discount bubble.
  2. A popup tells you the total price, pack price, discount for owned content and all discount.
  3. Once you add content to the cart it will open on the right hand side, here you can see another type of discount you get, bulk discount, this discount increases in % the more you add (read on for a good tip on how to save money though!!).
R3E pricing.png

So as you can see, just by hitting the store and adding something to the cart you can get a clear view of how much this content will set you back in cold hard cash!

But wait, theres more!
You can save more money by purchasing vRP vouchers from this store;
http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp

If we look at the price in the screenshot above, this will cost you 1698 vRP, which means €16,13 after bulk discount.
But you can buy a 2000vRP voucher from the above URL for €16,99, that way you'll have 302 vRP left over after buying the pack that you can use to buy another piece of content!
And the more you buy the cheaper it gets ofc. :)
After purchasing you'll get an email with a code that you can redeem in the store by clicking the vRP button next to your profile pic and choosing Redeem Code;
redeem.png

Lastly, that store is the official Raceroom store so it is fully legal and trustworthy.

So, in short, the TLDR version:
The WTCC packs are pretty good buys if you plan on joining our Club Racing as we will be doing lots of these.

Note that as of the time of writing this you can accidently pay too much if you for instance add both the WTCC 2013 pack and the European Track Pack to the store, you will not get discount for the tracks that both packs contain. For the time beeing you are better off just buying one pack, then add the next to the cart, once you own the tracks you should get credited with the discount.
If you have accidently bought this I urge you to contact Sector 3 over at their forums;
https://forum.sector3studios.com/

The lack of offline mode limits a lot of people from buying r3e's content, but this SIM is outstanding!
If by offline you really mean single player, single player is there and working well, AI is not bad at all.
If you are talking about having to be online to play, PC gamers computers are connected to the internet, for the exceptional time that it is not possible to connect, well there is still other SIM's. Really not an issue for a LOT of people, just a few, some times.

If by offline you really mean single player, single player is there and working well, AI is not bad at all.
If you are talking about having to be online to play, PC gamers computers are connected to the internet, for the exceptional time that it is not possible to connect, well there is still other SIM's. Really not an issue for a LOT of people, just a few, some times.
This.

Very nice very nice...I´ll probably take the chance and add some more content to the stuff I already own. And it´s true, while this all is a bit too confusing for me I stayed away from buying more content.
And actually I´m really not too happy with the overlapping content for example tracks that are included within a car pack, and then are included in another car pack.
So as stated before you won´t get a discount if all the new items are having identical content and you end up throwing a lot of cash away.
Maybe this time I end up with really buying more content.

Oh and while I´m at it I would prefer to have just car packs and then track packs. That should be easier on people who want to buy new content.
And of course thank you for all the tips Kjell :thumbsup:

Cheers

Last edited:
Very nice very nice...I´ll probably take the chance and add some more content to the stuff I already own. And it´s true, while this all is a bit too confusing for me I stayed away from buying more content.
And actually I´m really not too happy with the overlapping content for example tracks that are included within a car pack, and then are included in another car pack.
So as stated before you won´t get a discount if all the new items are having identical content and you end up throwing a lot of cash away.
Maybe this time I end up with really buying more content.

Oh and while I´m at it I would prefer to have just car packs and then track packs. That should be easier on people who want to buy new content.

Cheers
I thought that too, but you do get discounts if you already own parts of a pack so you don't pay for content twice

Yeah Nox, but if you buy let´s say two new items like DTM 1992 and ADAC GT Masters 2014 and they both have let´s say the Hungaroring listed in the tracks section will you get a discount for those identical items on your shopping list? Just saying, I really don´t know!!!
And because of that I ended up buying DTM 2014 Experience and that´s it since I can´t figure out how to avoid spending too much money.
And btw I was at the DTM race on Sunday and boy that was soooo much fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline