R3E Pricing, discounts and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've noticed that some feel the pricing in R3E is a bit confusing, so I'm gonna try do my best to make it easier to understand here while also giving some tips on how to save a dollar or two in the process.

First off, you don't need to start the game to access the store, you can access the store and your account from here; http://game.raceroom.com

Hit the Store button at the top and then you can find the content just below under tha Cars, Tracks and Packs links.

I highly recommend to look at buying packs as these give you a big discount on the content compared to buying each car and track seperately! If you already own pieces of the content in a pack, you'll get further discount for what you own. Here's how you can tell;

1. Hover your mouse over the huge yellow discount bubble.
  2. A popup tells you the total price, pack price, discount for owned content and all discount.
  3. Once you add content to the cart it will open on the right hand side, here you can see another type of discount you get, bulk discount, this discount increases in % the more you add (read on for a good tip on how to save money though!!).
R3E pricing.png

So as you can see, just by hitting the store and adding something to the cart you can get a clear view of how much this content will set you back in cold hard cash!

But wait, theres more!
You can save more money by purchasing vRP vouchers from this store;
http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp

If we look at the price in the screenshot above, this will cost you 1698 vRP, which means €16,13 after bulk discount.
But you can buy a 2000vRP voucher from the above URL for €16,99, that way you'll have 302 vRP left over after buying the pack that you can use to buy another piece of content!
And the more you buy the cheaper it gets ofc. :)
After purchasing you'll get an email with a code that you can redeem in the store by clicking the vRP button next to your profile pic and choosing Redeem Code;
redeem.png

Lastly, that store is the official Raceroom store so it is fully legal and trustworthy.

So, in short, the TLDR version:
The WTCC packs are pretty good buys if you plan on joining our Club Racing as we will be doing lots of these.

Note that as of the time of writing this you can accidently pay too much if you for instance add both the WTCC 2013 pack and the European Track Pack to the store, you will not get discount for the tracks that both packs contain. For the time beeing you are better off just buying one pack, then add the next to the cart, once you own the tracks you should get credited with the discount.
If you have accidently bought this I urge you to contact Sector 3 over at their forums;
https://forum.sector3studios.com/

thanks to this post, I have, at last, been able to buy the Premium Pack. Been trying for ages to work out how to use my Steam Wallet balance to pay and this gave me all the answers. Sorted!

Yup - me too - look forward to joining some of the racing.

Edit - well it seems buying the Premium Pack means I cannot now get into any server in Multiplayer. That's disappointing.

Last edited:
Any recommendations as looking at Starter Pack is that okay to start with or should i go for car pack plus track pack? Mainly be using offline to begin with til get use to it.
The starter pack will give you a good selection of cars to play with, add to that the free content and the ability to test drive any car oh and at the moment till 4th January half price track packs it's a good time to jump in.
To be most cost effective make sure you read the opening post in this thread.
Finally don't be afraid to try out our race club, we welcome all levels of racers and it's about the fun not the pace, you'll get plenty of help and advice there.
Look forward to seeing you on track:D

The starter pack will give you a good selection of cars to play with, add to that the free content and the ability to test drive any car oh and at the moment till 4th January half price track packs it's a good time to jump in.
To be most cost effective make sure you read the opening post in this thread.
Finally don't be afraid to try out our race club, we welcome all levels of racers and it's about the fun not the pace, you'll get plenty of help and advice there.
Look forward to seeing you on track:D
Thanks for that will go with Starter Pack to begin with then look at others before sale ends.

Sector3's sales structure isn't doing it any favours, but it isn't too bad if used judiciously.

I already owned the ADAC 2014 pack and a few tracks, but my recent purchase of the Starter Pack and the European and American Track Packs (both heavily discounted because I already owned some of the circuits) was a good decision.

The Starter Pack provides a good variety of vehicles, but its real value lies in participating in offline races with all the other cars in a class, and in online races without having to buy lots of content. Indeed, I've started to take part in RD races because the Starter Pack gets me in the door.

My tips: Buy VRPs from the RR store, NOT Steam. Wait for discounts. Buy tracks before cars. (My recent purchases at half-price include Bathurst and Silverstone.) Wait for discounts on car classes then take the plunge.

While the Premium Pack is probably the best value, it does mean paying a large lump sum in one go. If you're curious about Raceroom, the Starter Pack is a good place to...you know...start. :)

The Starter Pack provides a good variety of vehicles, but its real value lies in participating in offline races with all the other cars in a class, and in online races without having to buy lots of content.
This is something I really like in general when it comes to R3E, and it's always worth mentioning again. Being on a tight budget, I had to wait several months before I was able to join an online race in AC here at RD, because (well, at least for the races that interested me) I never had all of the necessary DLC. Meanwhile, I spent those months racing in R3E in tons of events, simply because attending the race meant just getting the track for like 3 euro and then cherry picking a single car from any eligible class with a single livery. The fact that you usually only need one track per week here in the R3E racing club also helped quite a lot. And you never pay twice for any content in R3E, so almost every purchase lowers the price for other items in the store.

If you're racing on a budget, the R3E club is a great place to start and the R3E pricing policies get a lot better than people often give them credit for. Yes, it's kinda convoluted, but it's also very fair IMO.

Enjoying R3E with the Starter Pack plus European track pack so now considering an 'experience pack' so am I right in thinking they would let me run a championship season with the official tracks? For example, the WTCC Experience would let me do all the series from 2013 to 2017 as at moment comes out at cost £17.82 which seems good deal.

Enjoying R3E with the Starter Pack plus European track pack so now considering an 'experience pack' so am I right in thinking they would let me run a championship season with the official tracks? For example, the WTCC Experience would let me do all the series from 2013 to 2017 as at moment comes out at cost £17.82 which seems good deal.
The WTCC Experience pack doesn't contain all of the tracks that were used between 2013 and 2017, though. By the way, you only need to own one car if you want to set up a championship.

As I've noticed that some feel the pricing in R3E is a bit confusing, so I'm gonna try do my best to make it easier to understand here while also giving some tips on how to save a dollar or two in the process.

First off, you don't need to start the game to access the store, you can access the store and your account from here; http://game.raceroom.com

Hit the Store button at the top and then you can find the content just below under tha Cars, Tracks and Packs links.

I highly recommend to look at buying packs as these give you a big discount on the content compared to buying each car and track seperately! If you already own pieces of the content in a pack, you'll get further discount for what you own. Here's how you can tell;

1. Hover your mouse over the huge yellow discount bubble.
  2. A popup tells you the total price, pack price, discount for owned content and all discount.
  3. Once you add content to the cart it will open on the right hand side, here you can see another type of discount you get, bulk discount, this discount increases in % the more you add (read on for a good tip on how to save money though!!).
View attachment 96613
So as you can see, just by hitting the store and adding something to the cart you can get a clear view of how much this content will set you back in cold hard cash!

But wait, theres more!
You can save more money by purchasing vRP vouchers from this store;
http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp

If we look at the price in the screenshot above, this will cost you 1698 vRP, which means €16,13 after bulk discount.
But you can buy a 2000vRP voucher from the above URL for €16,99, that way you'll have 302 vRP left over after buying the pack that you can use to buy another piece of content!
And the more you buy the cheaper it gets ofc. :)
After purchasing you'll get an email with a code that you can redeem in the store by clicking the vRP button next to your profile pic and choosing Redeem Code;
View attachment 96614
Lastly, that store is the official Raceroom store so it is fully legal and trustworthy.

So, in short, the TLDR version:
The WTCC packs are pretty good buys if you plan on joining our Club Racing as we will be doing lots of these.

Note that as of the time of writing this you can accidently pay too much if you for instance add both the WTCC 2013 pack and the European Track Pack to the store, you will not get discount for the tracks that both packs contain. For the time beeing you are better off just buying one pack, then add the next to the cart, once you own the tracks you should get credited with the discount.
If you have accidently bought this I urge you to contact Sector 3 over at their forums;
https://forum.sector3studios.com/
I find it actually cheaper to buy direct as If I was to buy the content I don't have, come to 3542 vrp £26. Try buying that from the discount store and it's more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back