R3E Pricing, discounts and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've noticed that some feel the pricing in R3E is a bit confusing, so I'm gonna try do my best to make it easier to understand here while also giving some tips on how to save a dollar or two in the process.

First off, you don't need to start the game to access the store, you can access the store and your account from here; http://game.raceroom.com

Hit the Store button at the top and then you can find the content just below under tha Cars, Tracks and Packs links.

I highly recommend to look at buying packs as these give you a big discount on the content compared to buying each car and track seperately! If you already own pieces of the content in a pack, you'll get further discount for what you own. Here's how you can tell;

1. Hover your mouse over the huge yellow discount bubble.
  2. A popup tells you the total price, pack price, discount for owned content and all discount.
  3. Once you add content to the cart it will open on the right hand side, here you can see another type of discount you get, bulk discount, this discount increases in % the more you add (read on for a good tip on how to save money though!!).
R3E pricing.png

So as you can see, just by hitting the store and adding something to the cart you can get a clear view of how much this content will set you back in cold hard cash!

But wait, theres more!
You can save more money by purchasing vRP vouchers from this store;
http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp

If we look at the price in the screenshot above, this will cost you 1698 vRP, which means €16,13 after bulk discount.
But you can buy a 2000vRP voucher from the above URL for €16,99, that way you'll have 302 vRP left over after buying the pack that you can use to buy another piece of content!
And the more you buy the cheaper it gets ofc. :)
After purchasing you'll get an email with a code that you can redeem in the store by clicking the vRP button next to your profile pic and choosing Redeem Code;
redeem.png

Lastly, that store is the official Raceroom store so it is fully legal and trustworthy.

So, in short, the TLDR version:
The WTCC packs are pretty good buys if you plan on joining our Club Racing as we will be doing lots of these.

Note that as of the time of writing this you can accidently pay too much if you for instance add both the WTCC 2013 pack and the European Track Pack to the store, you will not get discount for the tracks that both packs contain. For the time beeing you are better off just buying one pack, then add the next to the cart, once you own the tracks you should get credited with the discount.
If you have accidently bought this I urge you to contact Sector 3 over at their forums;
https://forum.sector3studios.com/

Yeah Nox, but if you buy let´s say two new items like DTM 1992 and ADAC GT Masters 2014 and they both have let´s say the Hungaroring listed in the tracks section will you get a discount for those identical items on your shopping list? Just saying, I really don´t know!!!
And because of that I ended up buying DTM 2014 Experience and that´s it since I can´t figure out how to avoid spending too much money.
And btw I was at the DTM race on Sunday and boy that was soooo much fun :D
If you buy the WTCC 2013 pack, which contains Hungaroring, then you buy the European Track Pack which also contains Hungaroring you WILL get a discount for already owning the track.
The problem is if you add both packs to the shopping cart at once, since you don't already own the track you will end up paying full pack price for both, this has been bug reported and will be fixed sooner or later.
Meanwhile, just make sure you buy one pack at the time and you'll be fine! :)

Great, I am going there for missing Shanghai track and Cadillac, the only GT2 car I don´t have and I will probably never drive it, but I simply want it in my stable ... or maybe I will buy entire GT2 pack because nice #11 skin :unsure:

If you buy the WTCC 2013 pack, which contains Hungaroring, then you buy the European Track Pack which also contains Hungaroring you WILL get a discount for already owning the track.
The problem is if you add both packs to the shopping cart at once, since you don't already own the track you will end up paying full pack price for both, this has been bug reported and will be fixed sooner or later.
Meanwhile, just make sure you buy one pack at the time and you'll be fine! :)
Oh crap.

I saw "Bulk Discount" and bought a few packs at once, thinking I was saving money.

I did follow your advice, thank you.:thumbsup:

The system recognised a duplicate track (Suzuka and Suzuka in a WTCC pack), and removed it automatically, which gave me confidence that the algorithms were all very clever ;)

That is a bit of a cock up, and should be announced as a banner on the store page, imho.

Have at least one car in every serie now. But GT3. Just don´t make sense when I have the ford mustang GT3 from the american series and the adac masters ones.

May have bought the wrong wtcc 2014 one but raceroom never provoke snap oversteer it seems or I must find a way to get that setup for the test drive car on my own car :)

Maybe a stupid question but I would like to know how this thing works in R3E.
So lets say I want to drive the BMW Z4 GT3 and only this from the ADAC 2014 pack. I don't like the others.
So if I buy only the BMW can I still race against the other cars in the ADAC 2014 pack offline/online?
Or do I have to buy the whole pack to be able to race against the other cars as well?

Thanks.

Thank you all.

Now some of you can maybe explain the math behind these so called "discounts".

For example the Group 5 pack consist 7 cars, each of them costs 279 VRP individually. Thats 1953 VRP (7 x 279).
However the Group 5 pack costs 1274 VRP and I supposedly save 2582 VRP with a 67% discount. How is that? That would mean the 7 cars cost 1274+2582= 3856 VRP but it's not 3856 but 1953.

???

Thank you all.

Now some of you can maybe explain the math behind these so called "discounts".

For example the Group 5 pack consist 7 cars, each of them costs 279 VRP individually. Thats 1953 VRP (7 x 279).
However the Group 5 pack costs 1274 VRP and I supposedly save 2582 VRP with a 67% discount. How is that? That would mean the 7 cars cost 1274+2582= 3856 VRP but it's not 3856 but 1953.

???
You forgot to include the price of the liveries in your calculation.

If you want a nice selection for low price, the Hill climb pack has a group 5 car and two touring classics in it. Cheap too. Buying this means you can run touring class and group 5 races. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 350 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%