R3E Pricing, Discounts, and Purchasing Tips

This is a rewrite of the excellent guide originally by @Kjell Eilertsen, to bring it up to date with current links and screenshots.

The sales and pricing model for RaceRoom is somewhat confusing for new players, and can certainly lead to more money being spent than is necessary. Following this guide could potentially save you a great deal of your hard-earned cash!

First of all, you can reach the R3E store either in-game or by clicking here. You will find the content under the various tabs for Cars, Tracks and Packs.

The first tip for purchasing R3E content, particularly if you are new to the sim, is to consider buying packs. The packs are bundles of content that are available for a substantially cheaper price than if you were to buy the included content individually. If you already own some of the content included in a pack then you will get a further discount on top.

You can see what discount you will receive by adding the pack to your cart, and then clicking the Checkout button. (Don't worry, it won't buy anything without confirmation!) The cart will also display the cost of the content in vRP, which comes in handy later in this guide.

Discount.png

But wait, don't buy anything yet as there are more savings to be had! As well as saving money by purchasing packs, you can also save by making those purchases in R3E's virtual currency, vRP. In order to do that you need to purchase vRP, a process which is cunningly hidden away on another store. You can reach that store by clicking here.

vRP.png

You will see a list of vRP packs in varying amounts. Notice that the more vRP you buy, the bigger the discount you get! This means that it may be worthwhile purchasing more vRP than you currently need, and saving it for future content that is yet to be released. Either way, making your purchase in vRP will save you money.

An example of how much you can save as someone who owns no content:

R3E Premium Pack: £100 direct from the store, or 9,999vRP.
10,000vRP voucher: £65
Total saving by making purchase in vRP: £35

So to summarise:
  • You can access the store from within R3E or via web browser here.
  • Add content to your cart to see it's cost in vRP, and to see any discounts that apply.
  • Go to this site and purchase vRP in order to save money when buying content.
  • Buying packs works out cheaper than buying it's content individually.
There's one final thing worth a mention in R3E's store... you can test drive any car you like, as many times as you like before deciding to purchase it! You're limited to driving on RaceRoom Raceway, but this is still enough to get a good feel for the car and see if it's something you want to drop some money on.

To access the test drive feature, simply head to the store from within R3E, choose a car you don't currently own, and click the test drive button. Simple!

Test.png

If you have any questions then please feel free to ask them here and we'll try to help you out. Now, go buy some content and sign up for some club races here at RaceDepartment! See you on track! :cool:

Last edited:
Two things i would like to see added there:
- you can buy each pack only once (crucial in creating purchase strategy)
- mention of steam store dlcs that are worth looking into while on sale, but also additional note on possibility of purchasing owned item again (bypassing vrps is good in case of buying content for someone or using steam wallet)

I drive exclusively rfactor 2 and I’m looking for a second sim to use as a second sim( I have AC , it’s a good sim but I’m looking for something new).
Is this sim worth a try ?
I see it has some GT4 cars that I like a lot.
Thanks

I drive exclusively rfactor 2 and I’m looking for a second sim to use as a second sim( I have AC , it’s a good sim but I’m looking for something new).
Is this sim worth a try ?
I see it has some GT4 cars that I like a lot.
Thanks
After trying ams, rf2, ac, acc and r3e, i only play r3e (i would play ams but no vr :<). I only play RD events tho.
The best sound, great physics and ffb. Group 5 is the best :D
Keep in mind you can download it for free and this way partially answer your own question, i also recommend getting content only necessary for X rd event and test it that way- you like it, invest more. Keep in mind you only need car you gonna use, not entire pack like in rf2

for example, to join this event you only need nurburgring since one of the cars is part of content
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/hillclimb-icons-nürburgring-thu-16-may-2019.168245/

Last edited:
As Rad said, download it a give it a try! You get a few tracks and cars for free, and can use the "test drive" option mentioned in the OP to try the cars you are interested in. No need to worry about Steam's two hour refund policy here as the base game and test drives are free and can be used as often as you like. :thumbsup:

No idea about motion but VR is great, but if you didnt already id roll back to some stable or actually good version of steamVR or skip it with some hacks :p well unless everything is fine for you
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1601984525 old steamvr
https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...le-performance-boost-for-oculus-owners.11535/ openovr i use in r3e and rf2
i also use tray tool to force perma ASW, i had some issues which were probably caused by the game going in and out of 90fps, asw and between

just try the vanilla game and steamvr first :p

I downloaded it and tried it today
Well, with motion and VR it has a good motion feedback. The FFB of My AccuForce V2 needs some work. It feels that the steering is to much sensitive.

Last edited:
No idea about motion but VR is great, but if you didnt already id roll back to some stable or actually good version of steamVR or skip it with some hacks :p well unless everything is fine for you
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1601984525 old steamvr
https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...le-performance-boost-for-oculus-owners.11535/ openovr i use in r3e and rf2
i also use tray tool to force perma ASW, i had some issues which were probably caused by the game going in and out of 90fps, asw and between

just try the vanilla game and steamvr first :p
Whats the benefit from using the older steamvr compared to the latest stable build?

Whats the benefit from using the older steamvr compared to the latest stable build?
Simple... the latest "stable" build is not stable! At least, not if you're an Oculus user. Since around November last year SVR has had performance issues and stuttering with my Rift. Despite this being reported by numerous (though not all) users, and despite it being linked in many cases to user options that were removed in the latter 2018 updates, Value refuse to acknowledge that there is anything wrong and will not fix it or give us the option to revert.

So for me and many like me, using the old version of SVR gives reasonable, stutter-free performance which the latest versions do not.

Question: I have allready about 75% of racerooms car and tracks but if I buy the premium pack black friday offer how is the rebate then calculated?
- because I guess Raceroom automagically is able to deduct the cars/tracks/liveries I allready have?

Question: I have allready about 75% of racerooms car and tracks but if I buy the premium pack black friday offer how is the rebate then calculated?
- because I guess Raceroom automagically is able to deduct the cars/tracks/liveries I allready have?
25% missing content X 0,75 premium price
i think :p Is it around 2k vrp?

Correct. It'll deduct the cost of everything you already own, recalculate your bulk discount, and that'll be your price.

If you look at the first screenshot in the OP you can see this in action. I was trying to "buy" the Pro pack, but already owned 99.6% of current content at the time. The cost of the 0.4% of content I didn't own was recalculated to 19 vRP. :D

Ahh it looks like I was wayyy to optimistic saying I own about 75% of Raceroom.:inlove:
I made a dummy buy of the Premium pack and became confronted by my stingy wallet saying Im not allowed to buy ANY Premium thing this year - even with the rebate.
As a response I promissed to go on only buying cars, tracks and liveries I really indended to use.

Hehe but I admit that the automagically thing worked. all the cars tracks liveries I own was actually deducted.:thumbsup:

premium-calc.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 305 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years