R3E Pricing, Discounts, and Purchasing Tips

This is a rewrite of the excellent guide originally by @Kjell Eilertsen, to bring it up to date with current links and screenshots.

The sales and pricing model for RaceRoom is somewhat confusing for new players, and can certainly lead to more money being spent than is necessary. Following this guide could potentially save you a great deal of your hard-earned cash!

First of all, you can reach the R3E store either in-game or by clicking here. You will find the content under the various tabs for Cars, Tracks and Packs.

The first tip for purchasing R3E content, particularly if you are new to the sim, is to consider buying packs. The packs are bundles of content that are available for a substantially cheaper price than if you were to buy the included content individually. If you already own some of the content included in a pack then you will get a further discount on top.

You can see what discount you will receive by adding the pack to your cart, and then clicking the Checkout button. (Don't worry, it won't buy anything without confirmation!) The cart will also display the cost of the content in vRP, which comes in handy later in this guide.

Discount.png

But wait, don't buy anything yet as there are more savings to be had! As well as saving money by purchasing packs, you can also save by making those purchases in R3E's virtual currency, vRP. In order to do that you need to purchase vRP, a process which is cunningly hidden away on another store. You can reach that store by clicking here.

vRP.png

You will see a list of vRP packs in varying amounts. Notice that the more vRP you buy, the bigger the discount you get! This means that it may be worthwhile purchasing more vRP than you currently need, and saving it for future content that is yet to be released. Either way, making your purchase in vRP will save you money.

An example of how much you can save as someone who owns no content:

R3E Premium Pack: £100 direct from the store, or 9,999vRP.
10,000vRP voucher: £65
Total saving by making purchase in vRP: £35

So to summarise:
  • You can access the store from within R3E or via web browser here.
  • Add content to your cart to see it's cost in vRP, and to see any discounts that apply.
  • Go to this site and purchase vRP in order to save money when buying content.
  • Buying packs works out cheaper than buying it's content individually.
There's one final thing worth a mention in R3E's store... you can test drive any car you like, as many times as you like before deciding to purchase it! You're limited to driving on RaceRoom Raceway, but this is still enough to get a good feel for the car and see if it's something you want to drop some money on.

To access the test drive feature, simply head to the store from within R3E, choose a car you don't currently own, and click the test drive button. Simple!

Test.png

If you have any questions then please feel free to ask them here and we'll try to help you out. Now, go buy some content and sign up for some club races here at RaceDepartment! See you on track! :cool:

Last edited:
I bought the premium pack 2 years ago so now can't buy it again. I just added all the content I do not own and it came to £63! That seems like a lot, am I missing something?
Not really, no. You get massive discounts for buying packs, far less for buying things individually. If you haven't already, check out the packs you haven't bought. Last I heard, you can buy each pack once, even if you've already bought the Premium pack first. If they include some of the content you don't own you can buy them, get the pack discount, and also a deduction for any content from the pack that you already own.

Also, remember to buy vRP rather than making a direct cash purchase, as that will also be much cheaper.

I have a question. I suppos to buy 5.000 vpr, then the pro pack (3.085 vpr). If I would buy the european tracks pack, I will should spent less than 1433 vpr for the full pack, right? Because in this way, with 3.085 I will should have the pro pack, which is good for cars, with something like 1.400 vpr I also have all the european tracks, with the rest of the vpr I can simply buy 2-3 cars. It's a good choise? With this method, with only 35€ I should have all the tracks and most of my favourite cars, of course not all the package, but all I need to be satisfied. Can you confirm that I will pay less the european tracks pack if I befour buy the pro pack?

I have a question. I suppos to buy 5.000 vpr, then the pro pack (3.085 vpr). If I would buy the european tracks pack, I will should spent less than 1433 vpr for the full pack, right? Because in this way, with 3.085 I will should have the pro pack, which is good for cars, with something like 1.400 vpr I also have all the european tracks, with the rest of the vpr I can simply buy 2-3 cars. It's a good choise? With this method, with only 35€ I should have all the tracks and most of my favourite cars, of course not all the package, but all I need to be satisfied. Can you confirm that I will pay less the european tracks pack if I befour buy the pro pack?
yes, you dont pay twice for X item- if its included in another pack, you get bigger discount

yes, you dont pay twice for X item- if its included in another pack, you get bigger discount
Thank you, on this way, I think, it's a huge occasion. Vpr system is so much better than Steam, and also their site. Fortunately, I thinked this way for save a lot of money and have more useful content. European tracks are so much important to me, instead a lot of the cars I really don't care too much

Thank you, on this way, I think, it's a huge occasion. Vpr system is so much better than Steam, and also their site. Fortunately, I thinked this way for save a lot of money and have more useful content. European tracks are so much important to me, instead a lot of the cars I really don't care too much
its important to grab good deals from every source, for example nordschleife pack dlc on steam with -75% discount was mindblowing :p (some months ago)
Just remember to buy vrps, keep in mind that you can purchase each pack only ince and you are good to go :coffee:

its important to grab good deals from every source, for example nordschleife pack dlc on steam with -75% discount was mindblowing :p (some months ago)
Just remember to buy vrps, keep in mind that you can purchase each pack only ince and you are good to go :coffee:
Yes, thank you. I'm leaving the premium pack for the future. I'm not sure to have the chance to play next months, years, but in case, I will be able to buy the premium pack on the future. For the moment it's enough

Just remember to buy vrps...
The only thing I want to criticise about Racerooms monopoly curency circus is that you have to buy vrp´s in another store than where you buy cars/tracks.
But also the more or less labyrinthic way you have to follow if you want to be able to use these monopoly money to buy anything in the Raceroom Store.

I have just used the latest rebate offer to first buy vrp´s in one store and then close this store down and go into my mail adress and grab the posted redeem code - close the mail and then start the Raceroom game > open my account and indput the grabbed code.
Then I have to go into Racerooms Store - and first now Im able to buy the tracks/cars I want.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: If it wasnt because I really like this racing game I would laugh of this labyrinthic circus and look somewhere else.:sneaky:

The only thing I want to criticise about Racerooms monopoly curency circus is that you have to buy vrp´s in another store than where you buy cars/tracks.
But also the more or less labyrinthic way you have to follow if you want to be able to use these monopoly money to buy anything in the Raceroom Store.

I have just used the latest rebate offer to first buy vrp´s in one store and then close this store down and go into my mail adress and grab the posted redeem code - close the mail and then start the Raceroom game > open my account and indput the grabbed code.
Then I have to go into Racerooms Store - and first now Im able to buy the tracks/cars I want.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: If it wasnt because I really like this racing game I would laugh of this labyrinthic circus and look somewhere else.:sneaky:
You don't need to buy vRP elsewhere, it just gives you a discount. You can also buy content directly in R3E.

You don't need to buy vRP elsewhere, it just gives you a discount. You can also buy content directly in R3E.
Pretty sure he know that. :) But he's right that it makes no sense that vRP is sold in a different store to the one in which you can actually use it. It's one of the reasons this thread exists, to make this "hidden" option known.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if it's deliberate because if you pay in cash then the publisher makes more money per item sold.

yup, if vrps would be available in game, steam would take 30% from sales
Yeah thats my own (secret) conclusion too.
Because the Raceroom guys are probably not that goofy that they dont know its a nuisance to buy vrps at one store and then use them in another store.
It has something to do with the possibility to (also) get a rebate on the vrps - that will be made impossible (by Steam) if the buy of these mopoly currency is made inside the games integrated store. :whistling:

EDIT: @Felt was a few minutes before meeee;)

Pretty sure he know that. :) But he's right that it makes no sense that vRP is sold in a different store to the one in which you can actually use it. It's one of the reasons this thread exists, to make this "hidden" option known.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if it's deliberate because if you pay in cash then the publisher makes more money per item sold.

Another loophole of greed lol.

I bought the Premium Pack and Pro Pack awhile back (plus a car and/or track or two as they were released). I'm considering purchasing everything I don't currently have to "round out" my RRE3 library.

What's the most cost-efficient way to do that? The store tells me I can buy the Starter Pack (for 57 cents! :D) , but that doesn't cover everything that I'm missing. Do I have to select each item separately - and will it then quote me a price before committing to the purchase?

Thanks,
Bert

Yes, you have to add each item manually to your shopping cart, unless it's in some pack. You can see in what packs each item is in by checking its page/clicking it. Shop will provide you all the details about transaction before purchase.

The store tells me I can buy the Starter Pack (for 57 cents! :D) , but that doesn't cover everything that I'm missing.
This low value could be because buying the starter pack you are only missing some pretty cheap car paints.
Otherwise the stores calculation algoritm usually does work pretty intelligent - so you get max rebate and never does pay for the same thing twice.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 448 39.2%