R3E: Open Beta & Pricing Details

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
SimBin Studios AB and RaceRoom Entertainment AG have today released a new video highlighting the launch of an open beta for the Free2Race game, RaceRoom Racing Experience. With this announcement the studio is also revealing some of the price points for cars, tracks, and game modes to be sold through the store.

SimBin Studios AB and RaceRoom Entertainment AG have today announced an open beta for RaceRoom Racing Experience. With a planned launch next week where the store goes live, anyone can join the beta and begin to build the game of their dreams.
New Video - New Content

RaceRoom Racing Experience connects fans of racing around a game, motorsports portal, and online store combined and seamlessly built into one platform making it More Than a Game™.

Drivers begin their racing career in the portal and hit the track with plenty of free-to-play content. Shown in the promotional video, five free cars will be available to registered users and with two free tracks available in six layouts, there’s no shortage of tarmac to race on. Additional cars, tracks, and game modes will be available for purchase in the store.

[youtube]
Competitive Pricing

RaceRoom Racing Experience uses a virtual currency called vRP (Virtual Race Points) which is tied to the Steam Wallet technology. vRP is then used to complete microtransactions which instantly unlock desired game content or features.

“We’ve established what we believe is an ethical, fair, and competitive pricing structure. Users will have the ability to choose high quality pieces of content which can be purchased to enhance their racing experience, however every user can enjoy an authentic and rich racing adventure and remain competitive without spending a dime.” - Chris Speed, COO – SimBin Studios AB

Individual car model prices range from 199 vRP to 329 vRP which is approximately 2 – 3,5 EUR. Tracks will generally be running from 349 vRP to 549 vRP or about 3,5 – 5,5 EUR. Tracks and cars will also be available from time to time in bundles. New game modes such as the Get Real package and Apex Hunt will be available for 99 vRP equaling 1 EUR.

Download RaceRoom Racing Experience and get ready to share your passion for real and digital racing.

Key Features

Free2Race™
The SimBin interpretation of a skill based free-to-play racing game.

ImmersiDrive™ Physics
SimBin’s latest iteration of their award winning physics methodology and technology.

RendR™ graphics engine
Dynamic Lighting System, Motion Blur, Physics based Particle system, Light Shafts, improved scalability.

Plug’n Race™
Automatically detects and pre-loads the needed profiles and assets for supported peripherals such as wheels and Joy Pads.

Brand New Sound Engine
Supporting 7.1 surround sound, multi layered audio playback and enhanced trigger system.

Leaderboard Challenge Teaser Edition
What was originally a solo play game mode is now a global real time challenge about being fastest in the world.

Game Navigator™
The key to all the action in RaceRoom Racing Experience. From impulse to racing you are only 40 seconds away. Never before has it been faster to strap into your favorite race car.

For more information about this game visit our dedicated R3E forum.
View the Post on the Blog

Last edited:
I wonder if you'll be able to earn vRPs (like how you can earn credits in simraceway)... Also, if it's tied to your steam wallet, does that mean that when the Steam sales come about every few months or so, you could get massive savings :D

I wonder that too - I personally think Steam is great. I love it. I also think it makes it easier for devs - by using Steam, it takes the hassle of distribution and money transactions away from Simbin, so they can concentrate on the actual game.

For those who have just 1~3 games at steam like me, it's also just a must once launched client before game start and which occupys very little resource and time to execute. It's no serious problem in general but also no welcome.

What keeps you from using Steam Alex?

It's the non-stop updates. I host LAN parties most weekends, and with 12 machines running over one feed it took FOREVER to update them all. And we would have to go though it every time since someone always forgot to turn updates off, and as you know if ONE person has a different version, no matter how trivial the update may be, we ALL have to update now.
Besides that I absolutely despise the control freak aspect of it.

Alex Forbin

Must say the names of the Keyfeatures™ sound more spectacular than they are real life.
The award winning physics methodology and technology is a price they gave them selfs or are they hinting to the good al'days of GTR2 when they got an award for physics (thanks to ISI).

Multiplay qualify will be the key factor if its worth it or not.
Key issue: How many people will have how many different cars doing the same races?
Or did they inplement some kind of ghost-feature? Maybe you see the car, the files are there, but you can't drive it until having paid. Would be best! However you need to prevent hackers from tinkering then...

It's the non-stop updates. I host LAN parties most weekends, and with 12 machines running over one feed it took FOREVER to update them all. And we would have to go though it every time since someone always forgot to turn updates off, and as you know if ONE person has a different version, no matter how trivial the update may be, we ALL have to update now.
Besides that I absolutely despise the control freak aspect of it.

Alex Forbin

Alright, so it's people forgetting to do things? That's not an issue with Steam, that's people stupid. :p

Also not too big on the Free to Play model tbh.

Maybe I'm still old school but want to buy a game and it should come with everything like tracks, cars etc. I tried iRacing and quit soon after because you have to buy this car and that track.

Modding is also a passion for lots of talented people and they are taking that away. (I might be wrong)

I don't mind it actually, if it's reasonably priced. I usually enjoy only a few cars anyway. But 5-10€ 3.5-5.5€ for a single non-laser scanned track is too much. 4 cars and 4 tracks, and you're getting in the range of a full game.

EDIT: wrong price

I was sooo happy hearing about the upcomming GTR3. They even released a website with engine sounds. And now they release this? Nah, Simbin, a huge disappointment. I have raced the demo (Logitech g27) and it felt i was racing with the keyboard, no matter the settings i used. It felt even worse than F1 2012...
I pass and stick to the GTR EVO. I have been a huge Simbin fan, and still are concerning previous titles but here it stops.

And by the way, its absolutly not about the money. If i can get quality i will pay for it. For example: is it possible to race against AI in a custom race with the same setup options as in GTR Evo?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 244 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 226 13.9%