Sector3 Studios
What’s New (Summary):

· New RRE menus and overlays.

· Single Race in R3E.

· Multiplayer Alpha for R3E.

· Pack system in store.

· Dynamic discount system.

· New Force Feedback

· New Road bumps in listed tracks below.

· AI difficulty can now be selected (R3E only for the moment)

· New skyboxes.

New Content:

New Class in R3E - ADAC GT Masters 2013 Car Class

· Ford GT GT3

· Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3

· Audi R8 LMS Ultra

· BMW Z4 GT3

· Chevrolet Camaro GT3

· Nissan GT-R GT3

· Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3

New Car in GTR3 Car Class

· Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3

New Tracks in R3E

· Nürburgring

· Motorsport Arena Oschersleben

· EuroSpeedway Lausitz

· Red Bull Ring Spielberg

New Liveries

· 18 new Free liveries for Aquila CR-1 Sports GT

· 20 new liveries for BMW M1 Procar

· 10 new liveries for Chevrolet Daytona Prototype

Game:

·
Added a new force feedback settings tab in options with modified and added ffb settings.

· Optimized loading performance

· Changed car reflection option to have Low and High settings.

· We now automatically center the window on screen in windowed mode.

· Changed default value for cockpit head movement from 0.5 to 0.1

· Added option to change AI difficulty in R3E.

· Added Single Race in R3E.

· Added Multiplayer Alpha in R3E.

Rendering:

·
Optimized reflections in rendering.

· Optimized rendering.

Multiplayer:

·
Fixed an issue where the player count wasn’t updating until player had actually joined the track which was resulting in wrong player numbers in the browser.

· Fixed an issue when a player comes from a session without damage and starts a new session in another game mode with damage, damage was off.

· Fixed incorrect wheels RPM for remote cars.

· Improved precision for wheels RPM for remote cars.

· Fixed off-by-one error when rendering remote cars.

· Added smoothing to velocity and rotation of remote cars for better collisions.

· Fixed an issue where the player would get a replay without thumbnail after exiting a MP game during practice.

Art:

· Updated skyboxes.

· Updated Oschersleben with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.

· Updated Zandvoort with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.

· Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.

· Updated Hockenheim with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.

· Updated Red Bull Ring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.

· Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.

· Updated Portimao with new road shader, optimizations for performance.

· Fixed a flashing building issue in Mid Ohio.

· Updated RaceRoom Raceway with optimizations for ffb.

Camera & Physics & Force Feedback:

·
Updated default profiles to the new FFB improvements. Note: Your old custom profiles will be renamed and backed up when you launch the game after the update. These profiles should not be used due to the new FFB changes.

· Added Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel default profile.

· Added Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel default profile.

· Modified grip on grass.

· Decreased opponent car volume for all GT3 cars.

· Fixed Brands Hatch Turn 2 camera.

Audio

·
BMW 635 CSi - Adjusted external sounds.

· Fixed naming issues with DTM pitstop samples.

· Improved BMW GT3 Z4 external sounds.

· Updated GT3 car backfire sounds.

Portal:

·
Added pack support. Store can now have content packs.

· Added dynamic discount functionality that gives additional discount on overlapping or owned content.

there was an old one?? i didnt know if so, i just now picked it up.

i think there are 2 seperate gt3 categories now, adac gt & gtr3. i assume adac have the latest physics & gtr3 are waiting to be updated.

there was an old one?? i didnt know if so, i just now picked it up.

i think there are 2 seperate gt3 categories now, adac gt & gtr3. i assume adac have the latest physics & gtr3 are waiting to be updated.

There are two SLS AMG GT3, that's why I don't know the difference other than the livery. I don't want to buy one for 329 VRP only to find out it might have been a mistake in this update.

Last edited:
What do you mean old though? We just released them for the first time with this patch.

One is the ADAC GT Masters 2013 Mercedes SLS

The other one is Mercedes SLS in GTR 3 Class.

They are different cars in different classes. Same but with some differences based on real life versions.

If you own one of them however, you should get a linked discount on the other one. It should cost you 79 VRPs.

What do you mean old though? We just released them for the first time with this patch.

One is the ADAC GT Masters 2013 Mercedes SLS

The other one is Mercedes SLS in GTR 3 Class.

They are different cars in different classes. Same but with some differences based on real life versions.

If you own one of them however, you should get a linked discount on the other one. It should cost you 79 VRPs.

I just realized that both cars were released with this update and I guess when I purchased the ADAC pack it gave me one of them so I assumed I owned it already before today's update. I didn't realize there were two version of the same car. That's my fault, sorry for the confusion however the description for the cars is exactly the same on the store page. And its not showing me a discount for one of them even though I own the other one.

fm8imu.jpg

f59icz.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations guys, well done on the first big release as a new studio; now go and get a good night's sleep because we're all eager for more with these new changes!

As for me, I stated my objections in the other thread, namely 1) no races in single player, 2) no integration of packs (DTM tracks) and 3) no ability to create multi-class/custom grids.

With two of those overcome, I have just invested in 5000VrP and purchased the new packs. Very much looking forward to trying out the new content and finally being able to purchase some of the other items I haven't bought before now (especially the GT cars). I hope there are some more sales coming up as there is a lot of the content I would like to purchase once it is available at a lower price and my remaining VrP will stay untouched until the next sale.

Furthermore, really looking forward to any more new content in the pipeline and playing this new (to me) game online at last! I hope once the first post-launch stages are out of the way we can hear more about the direction and future plans of Sector3.

Thanks, well done and goodnight.

Last edited:
Hello, when will Norisring and Nurburgring be updated with new shaders, ffb etc.?
Will we get in near future a GT Masters 2014 pack with the Slovakiaring and Sachsenring?

But at all a fantastic update today, I enjoy this game so much.
So excited for the DTM 2014 :)

Hi guys,

I have now confirmed that there is indeed an issue with the linked discount that should apply to the overlapping content, such as the Mercedes SLS that was mentioned here.

We will fix this tomorrow first thing in the morning so that the linked discounts apply correctly when purchasing a pack.

In the meantime please wait so you don't end up paying full price.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%