R3E: Nordschleife Coming in Next Patch

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Nordschlieife 10.jpg

Sector3 Studios have confirmed that the beautiful and often dangerous Nurburgring Nordschleife will be included in the next patch upcoming for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

The "Green Hell" release will be the first track in RaceRoom to be produced with the aid of Laserscan technology and promises to realistically capture the bumps, cambers and undulations of the real German circuit.

In a surprising move, the team over at Sector3 are to include 4 different layouts of the famous venue: the Nordschleife (long track and GP circuit combined), Nordschleife Tourist (long track beginning in carpark), Nordschleife VLN (long track featuring short version of the GP circuit), Nordschleife 24h (long track plus full GP track, minus the Mercedes-Benz Arena).

The latest RaceRoom patch hasn't yet been announced and so a release date is not currently known, however previews suggest players of the game wont have to wait long to get their hands on this exciting piece of new content.

Looking forward to the legendary Nordschleife coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience? Let us know in the comments section below!

R3E Nordschlieife 1.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 2.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 3.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 4.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 5.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 6.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 7.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 8.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They have proven nothing else than that...adding content and that's about it. No improvements at all since I have started to play the game...and have Invested a decent amount of money in it. But no more since their plan is only adding more and more content without improving other things.

So you've only been playing for a few months I presume, seeing as all of this was done in the December update. Seems like a whole lot of improvements and and even a couple highly requested features to me. :rolleyes:

• Implemented Refuelling in pitstops. This is still work in progress and there will be additional fuel options in car setup later. For now all cars will start with full tank.

• Increased session length up to 6 hours.(R3E only. Does not apply to other experiences.)

• Added Push-to-Pass logic with a temporary HUD element for it. (HUD will be changed in the near future). Push-to-Pass info is available for spectator overlays and in shared memory.
  • Removed the hidden fuel and wear multipliers that were automatically applied depending on race length in R3E.
  • Added mandatory pitstop, tyre wear and fuel use options to R3E single player races.
  • Fixed a crash that was occurring when car status hud was getting disabled.
  • Fixed Mandatory pitstop not counting for player on certain experiences.
  • Fixed issue with window values getting wrong if window was minimized, which caused hud objects to appear incorrect.
  • Fixed a couple of memory leaks.
  • Fixed background video being stretched to right monitor on triple screen setups.
  • DTM 2013 - Fixed an issue with 4th round of qualifying ending after the outlap and ending the session with no qualifying time.
  • DTM 2014 - Fixed mandatory pitstop not counting for the player.
  • Fixed an AI related crash that could have occurred while updating certain events.
  • Fixed an issue where the menu would show two “End Session” buttons after returning to Garage from Pause menu after session time has run out.
  • Fixed car setup screen blinking red when using non English languages.
  • Tweaked AI to improve AI starts on grid.
  • Fixed an endless loading issue that could occur on slow connections that would timeout mid loading.

Multiplayer:

• Increased default connection timeout to 30 seconds.
  • Removed a double call to set a connection related option (TCP_NODELAY) for server-client tcp socket.

Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI:

• A.I. logic improvements. More racy, less hesitant to overtaking, handles crashes better; AI’s now try and avoid cars even when collisions are disabled.
  • Improved AI behaviour coming into sharp corners and pitstop area, and various other small fixes.
  • Improved AI logic for the chosen gear when player regains control from AI.
  • Tweaked AI speed on 2nd hairpin of Norisring.
  • Tweaked AI speed on 2nd turn of Oschersleben.
  • Tweaked Bathurst AI behaviour.
  • Tweaked Monza AI behaviour and merged cut corridors for all difficulty levels.
  • Nurburgring: Fixed "empty pitboxes" problem where AI couldnt perform pitstops
  • Redbull Ring: Fixed "empty pitboxes" problem where AI couldnt perform pitstops.
  • Lausitzring: Fixed "empty" pitboxes and merged cut corridors for all difficulty levels.
  • Hockenheim: Fixed “empty” pitboxes and tweaked AI behavior in turn 1.

• Updated single screen chasecam positions for all cars
  • Added missing action cameras for RUF RT12R (GTR3)

• Increased FFB strength for Prototype and Radical cars

Art:

• Mid Ohio - Fixed some flickering banners.
  • Nurburgring - Fixed mixed advertisement banners.
  • Paul Ricard - Tweaked distant terrain texture
  • Zolder - Reduced bumpiness of the track, fixed some flickers in turn 10.
  • Monza - Updated curbstones to current design, lowered some rounded curbs, and various tweaks
  • Hockenheim - Curbs tweaked and adjusted to match drivers feedback. Gravel texture update. Oil bottle on top of pitbuilding now has new sponsor.
  • Bathurst - Small tweaks
  • Suzuka - Removed an abandoned truck in pitlane

• Fixed Aquila car shadows.
  • Fixed flickering labels in Nissan GT-R GT3 cockpit

So you've only been playing for a few months I presume, seeing as all of this was done in the December update. Seems like a whole lot of improvements and and even a couple highly requested features to me. :rolleyes:

• Implemented Refuelling in pitstops. This is still work in progress and there will be additional fuel options in car setup later. For now all cars will start with full tank.

• Increased session length up to 6 hours.(R3E only. Does not apply to other experiences.)

• Added Push-to-Pass logic with a temporary HUD element for it. (HUD will be changed in the near future). Push-to-Pass info is available for spectator overlays and in shared memory.
  • Removed the hidden fuel and wear multipliers that were automatically applied depending on race length in R3E.
  • Added mandatory pitstop, tyre wear and fuel use options to R3E single player races.
  • Fixed a crash that was occurring when car status hud was getting disabled.
  • Fixed Mandatory pitstop not counting for player on certain experiences.
  • Fixed issue with window values getting wrong if window was minimized, which caused hud objects to appear incorrect.
  • Fixed a couple of memory leaks.
  • Fixed background video being stretched to right monitor on triple screen setups.
  • DTM 2013 - Fixed an issue with 4th round of qualifying ending after the outlap and ending the session with no qualifying time.
  • DTM 2014 - Fixed mandatory pitstop not counting for the player.
  • Fixed an AI related crash that could have occurred while updating certain events.
  • Fixed an issue where the menu would show two “End Session” buttons after returning to Garage from Pause menu after session time has run out.
  • Fixed car setup screen blinking red when using non English languages.
  • Tweaked AI to improve AI starts on grid.
  • Fixed an endless loading issue that could occur on slow connections that would timeout mid loading.

Multiplayer:

• Increased default connection timeout to 30 seconds.
  • Removed a double call to set a connection related option (TCP_NODELAY) for server-client tcp socket.

Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI:

• A.I. logic improvements. More racy, less hesitant to overtaking, handles crashes better; AI’s now try and avoid cars even when collisions are disabled.
  • Improved AI behaviour coming into sharp corners and pitstop area, and various other small fixes.
  • Improved AI logic for the chosen gear when player regains control from AI.
  • Tweaked AI speed on 2nd hairpin of Norisring.
  • Tweaked AI speed on 2nd turn of Oschersleben.
  • Tweaked Bathurst AI behaviour.
  • Tweaked Monza AI behaviour and merged cut corridors for all difficulty levels.
  • Nurburgring: Fixed "empty pitboxes" problem where AI couldnt perform pitstops
  • Redbull Ring: Fixed "empty pitboxes" problem where AI couldnt perform pitstops.
  • Lausitzring: Fixed "empty" pitboxes and merged cut corridors for all difficulty levels.
  • Hockenheim: Fixed “empty” pitboxes and tweaked AI behavior in turn 1.

• Updated single screen chasecam positions for all cars
  • Added missing action cameras for RUF RT12R (GTR3)

• Increased FFB strength for Prototype and Radical cars

Art:

• Mid Ohio - Fixed some flickering banners.
  • Nurburgring - Fixed mixed advertisement banners.
  • Paul Ricard - Tweaked distant terrain texture
  • Zolder - Reduced bumpiness of the track, fixed some flickers in turn 10.
  • Monza - Updated curbstones to current design, lowered some rounded curbs, and various tweaks
  • Hockenheim - Curbs tweaked and adjusted to match drivers feedback. Gravel texture update. Oil bottle on top of pitbuilding now has new sponsor.
  • Bathurst - Small tweaks
  • Suzuka - Removed an abandoned truck in pitlane

• Fixed Aquila car shadows.
  • Fixed flickering labels in Nissan GT-R GT3 cockpit

What exactly is an improvement here? And no, I am/was playing the game since late 2014.

Improvements and new features have been arriving steadily over the past year or so, there's no doubt about that. I suppose things aren't progressing as quickly as some of us would like when comparing the rate at which new content is released against new features and fixes. So many basic options and features are still missing.

But let's see what the patch brings. Not long now.

What exactly is an improvement here?

Well, pitstops with refueling, tyre wear, and fuel use was added to offline races. The option for mandatory pitsops was added. The option for 6 hour races was added. Push-to-Pass was introduced for one of the cars, along with an improved HUD for that car (which I believe is a bit of a test for improved HUD's on all cars). Multiple AI improvements (from how they race, to how they take certain turns, to how they get off the starting line). Improved FFB for Prototypes and Radicals. Multiple improvements to the art/texture of several tracks.

Those all seem like pretty good improvements to me, as well as a long list of bug fixes. The option for pitstops with fuel and tire wear, and the option for longer races were some highly requested features. Not to mention the greatly improved FFB/physics of several classes of cars over the last few months (ADAC/GT, DTM 15, M1 Procar, etc.) and the addition of the dedicated server a few months before that. The next update is supposedly bringing further improvements like being able to save setups and a minimum force slider for FFB.

All of that has happened in roughly the last 6 months, so I can't quite understand the "no improvements since 2014" argument. The list of things missing from R3E is far shorter than it was a year ago and most of the things we wanted have been added or will be added in the next update.

Well, pitstops with refueling, tyre wear, and fuel use was added to offline races. The option for mandatory pitsops was added. The option for 6 hour races was added. Push-to-Pass was introduced for one of the cars, along with an improved HUD for that car (which I believe is a bit of a test for improved HUD's on all cars). Multiple AI improvements (from how they race, to how they take certain turns, to how they get off the starting line). Improved FFB for Prototypes and Radicals. Multiple improvements to the art/texture of several tracks.

Those all seem like pretty good improvements to me, as well as a long list of bug fixes. The option for pitstops with fuel and tire wear, and the option for longer races were some highly requested features. Not to mention the greatly improved FFB/physics of several classes of cars over the last few months (ADAC/GT, DTM 15, M1 Procar, etc.) and the addition of the dedicated server a few months before that. The next update is supposedly bringing further improvements like being able to save setups and a minimum force slider for FFB.

All of that has happened in roughly the last 6 months, so I can't quite understand the "no improvements since 2014" argument. The list of things missing from R3E is far shorter than it was a year ago and most of the things we wanted have been added or will be added in the next update.

While you call an improvement to those thigs I will call them just another features and other things you have mentioned are just tweaks and not improvements or bug fixes. All in one I doubt it's going to make this game more popular ;)

But we can discuss this in a private chat and not here :) Let's say we have a different opinion about the things and with that lets make this topic clear and being on topic :)

Just who has suggested it should be free?:rolleyes:

You did. ;)

But isn't it free? It says the following in Paul's opening post
"Sector3 Studios have confirmed that the beautiful and often dangerous Nurburgring Nordschleife will be included in the next patch upcoming for RaceRoom Racing Experience."

Perhaps it's a freebie as a gift to all of us for making RRE such a hit? After all, many of us have spent more on RRE than any other race sim.

like some kind of loyalty program. For every 100 dollars you spend you get a free 1000 vrp. Thats not even asking much.
My preference would be a permanent percentage discount based on how much content the player owns. For instance:

Own 25% of content - get 5% off new purchases.
Own 50% of content - get 10% off new purchases.
Own 75% of content - get 15% off new purchases.
Own 100% of content - get 20% off new purchases.

...or something along these lines. I believe iRacing operates a similar scheme? (I'm not familiar with iRacing)

I don't want to start another business model discussion but the cost of R3E is the elephant in the room and it won't go away. I don't care what anybody says...the game is expensive and a loyalty scheme would be a nice way of giving something back to those who support this title the most and keep them coming back for more.

Sadly I can't see such a loyalty scheme ever happening.

My preference would be a permanent percentage discount based on how much content the player owns. For instance:

Own 25% of content - get 5% off new purchases.
Own 50% of content - get 10% off new purchases.
Own 75% of content - get 15% off new purchases.
Own 100% of content - get 20% off new purchases.

...or something along these lines. I believe iRacing operates a similar scheme? (I'm not familiar with iRacing)

I don't want to start another business model discussion but the cost of R3E is the elephant in the room and it won't go away. I don't care what anybody says...the game is expensive and a loyalty scheme would be a nice way of giving something back to those who support this title the most and keep them coming back for more.

Sadly I can't see such a loyalty scheme ever happening.

Maybe the bell will ring to their doors one day when people will abandon the game...

My opinion:
If they said it will be included, it couldn't mean it will be free.
The track-data will be included as part of patch → so you download patch with track,
but AVAILABILITY will be not included. Availability to use the track is thing you have to pay for.
As usual in R3E. I see no marketing tricks there, but for customers they are not used to R3E store model it can be - no doubt - little bit confusing.

Looking forward to it anyway, hope it will be not more than 5EUR. But I can work overtime. :)

Patch coming out "end of March" quoted from a Sector3 post.

I love the history surrounding the Nord and the cars that raced there, but I'm not a fan of the track.
After seeing the pics.........:confused:

As for new content....unless they missed the boat...... Sounds like a ready made multi-class "IMSA pack". Those beautiful GTP cars (Nissan, Toyota, *Jaguar*, BMW.....), Lights (Mazda, Acura....) and GTO/GTU class. Plus tracks (Sebring.....) And some temporary street circuits like Miami/Long Beach.

Still, if the 300zx & the Whistler Mustang are driveable (not slide monsters like the Audi GTO) and refinement in the GTO physics, between them...I may have a few sleepless nights :geek:
Thank god for the "try before you buy" feature. :)

Not a big fan of the track either. I totally appreciate its history, stature and the challenge it presents - and Sector3's recreation of Nords looks amazing as their tracks always do - but the problem for me is I don't really enjoy racing there. It's great for a time trialling but I would rather race on shorter circuits.

I will probably pick it up at some point but I'm keeping my remaining vRP set aside for something I find more appealing, most likely WTCC 2015, which can't be far off now.

Maybe the bell will ring to their doors one day when people will abandon the game...

I disagree.
I play a "FREE TO PLAY" game.....World of Tanks. Started in 2011. When I came across old bank records, I realized I spent $x,000.00 (multiple) on a free to play game's content, I was sick!:cry: I quit playing for probably 18 months. I don't even own most of that extra content anymore.
On top of that, I had to deal with match by match abuse:mad: (through >20,000 battles -including being teamkilled) even though I had the skill/luck to destroy up to 2/3rds of the enemy team's tanks, many, many, many, many....... times. It equated to a GT3 car beating Prototype cars in a multi-class race.

Thank god for R3E, it's pricing and it's quick discounts. I have had more fun, met some really great people, and deal with a community and development staff that is interested in helping it's players.:)
Well....there was the death threat from one nameless:whistling: R3E player.
And for a penny, compared to what I payed out in WoT.

I disagree.
I play a "FREE TO PLAY" game.....World of Tanks. Started in 2011. When I came across old bank records, I realized I spent $x,000.00 (multiple) on a free to play game's content, I was sick!:cry: I quit playing for probably 18 months. I don't even own most of that extra content anymore.
On top of that, I had to deal with match by match abuse:mad: (through >20,000 battles -including being teamkilled) even though I had the skill/luck to destroy up to 2/3rds of the enemy team's tanks, many, many, many, many....... times. It equated to a GT3 car beating Prototype cars in a multi-class race.

Thank god for R3E, it's pricing and it's quick discounts. I have had more fun, met some really great people, and deal with a community and development staff that is interested in helping it's players.:)
Well....there was the death threat from one nameless:whistling: R3E player.
And for a penny, compared to what I payed out in WoT.

Interesting comparison...WoT and R3E...at least WoT has updated physics now :p

Boy, WoT - can't imagine what a mess that MMO must be...anyhow - I agree with the guy a few posts above - free, not free, content, no content...I'm gonna drive the Nord in RRE regardless of whatever fee to do so.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%