R3E: Nordschleife Coming in Next Patch

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Nordschlieife 10.jpg

Sector3 Studios have confirmed that the beautiful and often dangerous Nurburgring Nordschleife will be included in the next patch upcoming for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

The "Green Hell" release will be the first track in RaceRoom to be produced with the aid of Laserscan technology and promises to realistically capture the bumps, cambers and undulations of the real German circuit.

In a surprising move, the team over at Sector3 are to include 4 different layouts of the famous venue: the Nordschleife (long track and GP circuit combined), Nordschleife Tourist (long track beginning in carpark), Nordschleife VLN (long track featuring short version of the GP circuit), Nordschleife 24h (long track plus full GP track, minus the Mercedes-Benz Arena).

The latest RaceRoom patch hasn't yet been announced and so a release date is not currently known, however previews suggest players of the game wont have to wait long to get their hands on this exciting piece of new content.

Looking forward to the legendary Nordschleife coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience? Let us know in the comments section below!

R3E Nordschlieife 1.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 2.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 3.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 4.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 5.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 6.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 7.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 8.jpg R3E Nordschlieife 9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would personally pay 25 euro for Nords from Sector 3 as they are adding the variations as well, a huge amount of work must have been put into the creation of it...it will be worth it for me. This is only my personal opinion and in no way means that this will be the price....:)

I respect your opinion and I was always amazed by the quality of the tracks. But cars are not on the same level as tracks are. I am just saying they are not listening as much as they could...well the fact that there are only a few players on the multiplayer speaks for itself...I wish it would be different because I do like the game and would like to see some improvement since we have other simracing games which are giving us a much better quality for a much lower price IMO...

But isn't it free? It says the following in Paul's opening post
"Sector3 Studios have confirmed that the beautiful and often dangerous Nurburgring Nordschleife will be included in the next patch upcoming for RaceRoom Racing Experience."

Perhaps it's a freebie as a gift to all of us for making RRE such a hit? After all, many of us have spent more on RRE than any other race sim.

But isn't it free? It says the following in Paul's opening post
"Sector3 Studios have confirmed that the beautiful and often dangerous Nurburgring Nordschleife will be included in the next patch upcoming for RaceRoom Racing Experience."

Perhaps it's a freebie as a gift to all of us for making RRE such a hit? After all, many of us have spent more on RRE than any other race sim.

That is what I was thinking/hoping, but since this is Sector3 were talking about, they may request the blood of your first born. So technically it could be "free".

The work that has gone into building the Nords will equate to three or four standard circuits so I expect it to be priced as such. Around 1000vrp sounds about right.
Don't forget the lame marketing tactic of marking it down 60-75% before they arrive at the final figure of 1000vrp. Their marketing strategies have brought my expenditures on this game to a stand still. In fact, it's my primary beef with the game.

Hey Andy, that's the funniest thing Ive heard in many years, but I agree 100% it is the most expensive game Ive ever purchased in 18 yrs of gaming/simming.
Don't forget the lame marketing tactic of marking it down 60-75% before they arrive at the final figure of 1000vrp. Their marketing strategies have brought my expenditures on this game to a stand still. In fact, it's my primary beef with the game.
Ditto mate, I don't own ALL their content, but it has cost me dearly, over $150AUD. It's not S3S that's the problem it's the shareholders of Raceroom AG and the capitalist ideal of a modern world, where people believe money buys happiness, sad really.:(

Looking very forward to the release. Would be nice if were free, but that's not why one would produce a product though - to give it away.

Anyhow, money does buy happiness, those whom say otherwise don't have any. I know poverty doesn't buy happiness nor anything else.

Good day,
DrDetroit

Looking very forward to the release. Would be nice if were free, but that's not why one would produce a product though - to give it away.
Plenty of other Devs "Give their products away" Reiza, Kunos and ISI come to mind.
Anyhow, money does buy happiness, those whom say otherwise don't have any. I know poverty doesn't buy happiness nor anything else.

Good day,
DrDetroit
Are you sure about that, I have money and it creates headaches I would rather not have, then there's the constant worry over whether you have invested it in the right places, then there's the harassment from people would want what you have cause they know your wealthy. I was poor once too and struggled to pay my mortgage and bills but I managed to get by and was just as happy then as I am now.
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it does give piece of mind.

Plenty of other Devs "Give their products away" Reiza, Kunos and ISI come to mind.

Let's put this into perspective shall we in case the last few comments werent just sarcasm and were instead serious thoughts...

Pcars has Nurburgring and the Nordschleife in their game currently. However, they are both separate and stand alone tracks. It was recently announced that they will be coming out with a GOTY (lol) version with a few new additions. What is one of those additions you may ask? A combined layout based on the 24 hrs Nords version. Sweet right? HA! This combined layout is only going to be released as paid dlc. Even though everyone that owns the game right now has both of the tracks as existing content.

Laughable right? You bet it is.

Now, if someone thinks they are entitled enough to receive a laser scanned Nords with 4 layouts when it is being released as add-on content after the initial release of the game... well, that is just as laughable. None of the above devs would ever consider offering a laser scanned Nords for free since it has quite an immense cost to license and create. It's just not how business works. :p

Seems that a lot of gamers enjoy content more than ingame features these days. Ah well, im getting old:cautious:.
Ya, sadly that's true.
Especially when it comes to the Nordschleife everybody is losing their minds.
But to be fair: S3 are doing lots of work to get mor efeatures in and the modellers and skinners need something to do in the meantime anyways :D

At least in simracing there's still a good balance of content and feature development in general as it's still very heavily focused on the PC platform. Other genres - especially FPS - suffer greatly from developer's focus on the console market and great features that were standard 10 years ago are hard to be found in modern games. But therefore you get 100 weapons, 20 perks, ranks, unlocks, prestige levels and most important of all: Experience points.
These days it seems to be more important to have a level-up feature and achievements than a solid game mechanic and gameplaydepth.

Like every company you have to pay the product they make this track has a lot of work behind and every time they release new content it comes with a massive uptdate of 4GB with bug-fixes and nw features
So you cant say they arent doing anything

Last edited:
Let's put this into perspective shall we in case the last few comments werent just sarcasm and were instead serious thoughts...

Pcars has Nurburgring and the Nordschleife in their game currently. However, they are both separate and stand alone tracks. It was recently announced that they will be coming out with a GOTY (lol) version with a few new additions. What is one of those additions you may ask? A combined layout based on the 24 hrs Nords version. Sweet right? HA! This combined layout is only going to be released as paid dlc. Even though everyone that owns the game right now has both of the tracks as existing content.

Laughable right? You bet it is.

Now, if someone thinks they are entitled enough to receive a laser scanned Nords with 4 layouts when it is being released as add-on content after the initial release of the game... well, that is just as laughable. None of the above devs would ever consider offering a laser scanned Nords for free since it has quite an immense cost to license and create. It's just not how business works. :p
Agreed, guess I should of been a little more specific on what is free content and what is guaranteed to be DLC due to financial outlays by the devs.

Cheers

They say it will be Included in the next update because the track is not in the game, so due to have it in the game you have to download the track file. in raceroom you have all the tracks downloaded but are "blocked" to "unlock" those tracks you have to pay, all new content (tracks cars) are always included in the updates

Hope you understand what im saying

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%