R3E news and rumors

So we have a general discount thread (though it's often missed), but as far as I know, there isn't a general news thread to post various small-ish pieces of information that have come up, so I thought it might be a good idea to start one?

So information about the upcoming December patch are starting to appear, and we now have a confirmation that three Porsche cars will indeed be coming with it, with first one being...

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017

The latest incarnation of the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup is based on the seventh generation of this sports car icon, and it lives up to its calling: uncompromising performance on the race track.
The four-liter six-cylinder boxer unit delivers up to 485 hp.
The drive force is transmitted to the rear axle by six-speed sequential dog-type transmission.
The fate of the 911 GT3 Cup is played out in the Porsche one-make championships, where the only thing that counts is the performance of the individual driver.
While carrying "GT3" in its name, the car has quite different driving characteristics compared to its bigger brother, the GT3 R.
The lack of ABS & Traction control makes it quite a challenge to drive and will put your skills on track to a test.
A special feature of this car are the purple LED lights on the data display, that will warn you about traction loss & locking brakes.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/porsche-911-gt3-cup-2017.9881/#post-137245

39040462282_d8166dd426_b.jpg

38361261104_d6f77456f2_b.jpg

The other two cars should be announced in the coming days according to S3, but it's fairly obvious one of them will be the GT3 R, aka the "proper" GT3 ;)

looks awesome, theyve done a top job on modelling these things, although doesnt the alfa have massive rear arch gap in real life? lol

Either way looks awesome and cannot wait, would have to come out next week while im away though

• Deleted member 387850

Having used RaceRoom for just short of a year now this will be the first major pack released since I joined! Either way I recently topped up with 5000 VRP which I hope will be enough to buy the pack and a few other bits & pieces I need to catch up on!

So what sort of price do we think we will be looking at for the pack then? only asking because i havent bought a full pack for a while now most already own one or two cars so end up with discount on.
My personal tip was 15-ish euro for the pack, but thinking about it again, it will likely be closer to 20. But it's just my guessing, nothing more.

and here is the competition to go with it (straight from the WRTC page):
August 13th, 2018|2018

The Esports WTCR OSCARO Online Championship from RaceRoom will feature seven exciting rounds from later this month.

A PC-based racing simulation available on Steam, ESPORTS WTCR OSCARO was launched at the Nürburgring in May and will give simracers the chance to compete in the virtual WTCR – FIA World Touring Car Cup presented by OSCARO.

It’s the continuation of a partnership between Eurosport Events – the WTCR OSCARO promoter – RaceRoom and Sector3 Studios, which began in 2013 and culminated in inaugural eSports WTCC Online Championship in 2017.

The Esports WTCR OSCARO Online Championship is made up of two elements: seven rounds of time attack from 15 August until 6 November and a Multiplayer Championship.

Multiplayer races will be streamed live on the the FIA WTCR OSCARO Facebook and YouTube accounts with graphics and expert commentary. All races will be held on Sunday evenings from 19h00 CET with the first event taking place at a virtual Hungaroring on Sunday 26 August.

All cars from full-season entries competing in the WTCR – FIA World Touring Car Cup presented by OSCARO are available and selected WTCR OSCARO drivers are expected to take part.

They include Yann Ehrlacher, a race winner in WTCR OSCARO this season with the Honda-powered ALL-INKL.COM Münnich Motorsport team. “Esports WTCR OSCARO is a very good thing because it gives people around the people around the world the chance to live something close to what we live,” said the 22-year-old from France. “For sure I will take part because it’s also really good training for racing drivers and we know the level of simracers is very high.”

François Ribeiro, Head of Eurosport Events, the WTCR promoter, said: “We’re really excited the first Esports WTCR OSCARO Online Championship is about to get underway. Our partner, RaceRoom, has been hard at work behind the scenes to prepare all the cars and tracks since our launch event at the Nürburgring in May and the end result is very good indeed. If we consider two WTCR OSCARO drivers, Norbert Michelisz and Zsolt Szabó, are products of simracing then there’s every chance we could discover the next Michelisz or Szabó during the upcoming seven events. I’m sure the real WTCR OSCARO teams will be watching with interest.”

OSCARO, the Official Presenting Partner of the WTCR – FIA World Touring Car Cup, actively participates in simracing and its involvement in Esports WTCR further underlines that commitment.

Esports WTCR OSCARO 2018 calendar:

#1 HUNGARORING:
Time attack starts/ends:
17h00 CET, 15 August/17h00 CET, 6 November
Multiplayer championship race: 19h00 CET, 26 August

#2 NÜRBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE:
Time attack starts/ends:
Multiplayer championship race: 19h00 CET, 2 September

#3 ZANDVOORT:
Time attack starts/ends:
Multiplayer championship race: 19h00 CET, 16 September

#4 SLOVAKIA RING:
Time attack starts/ends:
Multiplayer championship race: 19h00 CET, 23 September

#5 SUZUKA:
Time attack starts/ends:
Multiplayer championship race: 19h00 CET, 21 October

#6 CHINA (SHANGHAI):
Time attack starts/ends:
Multiplayer championship race: 19h00 CET, 4 November

#7 MACAU:
Time attack starts/ends:
Multiplayer championship race: 19h00 CET, 11 November

source: https://www.fiawtcr.com/esports-wtcr-oscaro-online-championship-set-for-lift-off/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%