R3E news and rumors

So we have a general discount thread (though it's often missed), but as far as I know, there isn't a general news thread to post various small-ish pieces of information that have come up, so I thought it might be a good idea to start one?

So information about the upcoming December patch are starting to appear, and we now have a confirmation that three Porsche cars will indeed be coming with it, with first one being...

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017

The latest incarnation of the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup is based on the seventh generation of this sports car icon, and it lives up to its calling: uncompromising performance on the race track.
The four-liter six-cylinder boxer unit delivers up to 485 hp.
The drive force is transmitted to the rear axle by six-speed sequential dog-type transmission.
The fate of the 911 GT3 Cup is played out in the Porsche one-make championships, where the only thing that counts is the performance of the individual driver.
While carrying "GT3" in its name, the car has quite different driving characteristics compared to its bigger brother, the GT3 R.
The lack of ABS & Traction control makes it quite a challenge to drive and will put your skills on track to a test.
A special feature of this car are the purple LED lights on the data display, that will warn you about traction loss & locking brakes.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/porsche-911-gt3-cup-2017.9881/#post-137245

39040462282_d8166dd426_b.jpg

38361261104_d6f77456f2_b.jpg

The other two cars should be announced in the coming days according to S3, but it's fairly obvious one of them will be the GT3 R, aka the "proper" GT3 ;)

Would have much rather seen them pull the Mini Cooper out the virtual garage that they had in beta....a classic spec car that has made for amazing club races here over the yrs.

Bring back the mini Sector3! :)

Yeah! Surely Alex Hodgkinson has driven a Mini before, Jeez, I thought it was mandatory (is round here) to pop ones Cherry in a Mini. I definitely don't mean the Behemoth that is BMW's version of a Mini either, saw a Traveller tother day and it was longer than the SUV it was parked next to, ludicrous, does Mini not translate to German? I know the beta was of the newer variety but was still just small enough to agitate the nostalgia juices enough to crave a bit more, especially with a physics overhaul. I'm in! :thumbsup:

Restricted view maybe but unrestricted power for a GT2 version, yes please, think this GT2 revamp is exciting me most about the up and coming content. If it's as good as the GT1 update (which it will be) then I am soooo looking forward to thrashing the Beemer around just about every track, which is hours of fun on its own. Was my favourite car to drive from the beginning, just got left behind, unloved, neglected................ One quick thought, do we pay for the GT2 version of the P4/5 if we already have the GT3 version? only removing the limiter, guessing everything else will be the same car, maybe the obligatory 27vrp for new liveries but be a bit rum if we have to dip ones hands in ones pockets (again). Knowing ones own mindset reasonably well (broadly speaking) I'd still soddin' buy it, that won't stop me complaining about, will just make me the dirty, rotten hypocrite I am! :notworthy:

I'm thinking it will depend on how much work they do. I suppose the model doesn't need to be edited, but the physics might. Doubt it'll be as simple as just changing one parameter, so unlike the GTR 3 / GT Masters it will not be the exact same car with different liveries.

I'm thinking it will depend on how much work they do. I suppose the model doesn't need to be edited, but the physics might. Doubt it'll be as simple as just changing one parameter, so unlike the GTR 3 / GT Masters it will not be the exact same car with different liveries.
Guessing that's a long winded way of telling me it's gonna cost me dollar? :rolleyes:

So we have the 95 Mercedes, which I know was produced as a celebration of an anniversary. But it's there still any chance of the other 95 DTM cars being produced? Those cars are simply magnificent. To have both the 92 and 95 seasons would be such a fantastic addition to the game.

Id go as far as to say I'd buy a standalone dtm 95 game!

Generally the logic for the linked discounts is as @Majuh said. There is generally a discount if the same car model appears in another class. For instance the ADAC BMZ Z4 is the same model as the GTR3 class Z4, hence the linked discount. Im not sure if the P4/5 will be the same 3d model in both classes, but it's a possibility a discount would happen.

Not at all. I don't work for S3 and therefore have no idea what their plans are. Just thought I'd lay the groundwork so you don't get too disappointed. ;)
Disappointment I can take, I'm British! ;)
Wouldn't mind paying for the GT2 version if they improved the cockpit view, damned claustrophobic bobsleigh as is, great to drive though, if a tad slow in GT3 guise. In for a treat whatever going by the GT1 update, bloody fantastic having all these (feel) new cars with so many quality tracks to bound around, hours of fun to be had. :cool:

the wait for the next patch is now gonna be loooong lol

Cupra looks awesome though just hope they have nailed it physics wise as these cars are a lot more tip toe-ish and oversteery than the TC1 or S2000 cars ever were. The Astra in PC2 is a let down as it always feels too planted.

Although S3 are kind of experts at touring cars these days

Also for those of us who bought into the esports thing with the audi rs3 will there be some sort of discount on the pack? Or is that just hard luck as that was just a privelage for a taster?

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 269 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 180 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 180 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.5%
  • < 5 years