R3E: New Update and WTCR 2019 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom WTCR 2019.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience has been updated - plus the 2019 FIA WTCR car pack DLC launch.

Having carved out something of a reputation as one of the finest touring car series in the world, the 2019 edition of the FIA WTCR by Oscaro is now available to purchase in RaceRoom Racing Experience - including the brand new Lynk & Co 03 TCR!

Featuring seven cars and 23 drivers, the new WTCR 2019 pack for RaceRoom retails for around £13.45 and comes with cars from Audi, VW, Cupra, Hyundai, Lynk & Co, Alfa Romeo and Honda.

As well as the new content launch, the base RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation has also been updated by Sector3 Studios, with many fixes and improvements added to the game - a full list of which can be viewed below:

New content
  • Added the WTCR 2019 car class with 7 cars and 26 liveries.
Game
  • Now allows to bind up to 128 different button ID's on a controller.
  • Now allows to bind each traction control preset individually instead of only Next / Previous TC level controls.
  • The HUD notifications (aka "butterHUD") can now be moved around as well using the "move&scale HUD elements" binding.
  • Increased the rear view mirror y-resolution.
  • Prevented the HUD position bar from automatically scaling to gigantic sizes on ultrawide monitors by limiting its width to 1920px.
  • Changed the default steering lock value for Mouse controls from 8 degrees to 13 degrees
  • Slowdown penalties and giving back of the time illegally gained have been reworked. Added a progression where the more penalties you have received, the longer the penalty will get. Each clean lap will reduce the penalty count by one.
  • Change so the Pit stop menu elements such as Preset and Tyre Compound selectors no longer wrap around when trying to go beyond the last possible choice. (Meant to improve CrewChief's voice commands)
  • Possible improvement for players reporting issues on the game menus (cursor flickers, video freezes, etc)
  • Fixed a broken start procedure of a leaderboard challenge on Stowe layouts.
  • Fixed rev LED's that were not lighting up on Logitech steering wheels
  • Fixed a case where the messages about switching modes for LED displays were not always clearing
  • Fixed a case where the "delayed start from pitlane" message wasn't clearing when french localization was used.
  • Fixed so the MiniHUD can now be moved further on ultrawide monitors
  • Fixed broken bindings on the default Mouse control profile
Content
  • WTCR 2019 has received new and improved physics. The 2018 car class will be updated to match in a later update (required BOP for the Peugeot)
  • WTCR 2019 features a new bodykit for the Alfa Romeo
  • WTCR 2019 features a new steering wheel for the CUPRA TCR.
  • Porsche 911 GT3 R - New cockpit sound recordings with separated transmission and engine channels.
  • Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup - New cockpit sound recordings with separated transmission and engine channels. Improved external sounds.
  • Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup - Updated physics and tuned dampers. Suspension geometry is now more accurate.
  • Saleen S7R - New sound recordings for both cockpit and exterior
  • Silhouette car class - Made cars a bit less tail happy under braking, improved FFB
  • Cadillac (GTR2 car class) - Fixed the default final drive being too long at Spa-Francorchamps
  • GTR1 car class - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
  • GTR2 car class - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
  • Aquila Cup - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
  • Audi TT Cup - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
  • Audi TT VLN - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
  • Hillclimb Icons - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
  • BMW M235i Cup - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
  • WTCC 2013 - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
  • WTCC 2014 - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
  • WTCC 2015/16/17 - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
  • Zonda Cup - Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
  • AMG-Mercedes C-Klasse DTM 1995 - Tuned dampers and Implemented different shift times depending on the gears being shifted
  • Paul Ricard - Added one additional TV camera in the start/finish straight as the elevation was hiding the cars at race starts.
  • Red Bull Ring - Resurfaced and made a higher resolution HUD track map for the GP layout.

The new DLC is available now, and the latest game update will download the next time you restart your Steam client.

For more R3E fun, have a gander at our RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Here you can catch the latest news and gossip about the sim, and also take part in our awesome RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club - a great place to enjoy organised and clean online racing fun!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Couple of things I noticed since the update, playing on triples...start light's, count down timer when exiting a replay back to racing, pit menu and in car adjustments as well as starting and finishing lineups are showing up on the left screen now instead of the center screen.

New WTCR cars, RedBull ring and 911 GT3 Cup changes all good.

Great update, but when I saw this...

• Porsche 911 GT3 R - New cockpit sound recordings with separated transmission and engine channels.
  • Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup - New cockpit sound recordings with separated transmission and engine channels. Improved external sounds.
  • Porsche 991.2 GT3 Cup - Updated physics and tuned dampers. Suspension geometry is now more accurate.

whaat??? So their tactics is to underpromise and overdeliver. This is so huge and unexpected, @anthony monteil thank you sir. You are a hero :thumbsup:
R3E just keeps surprising, so many great updates in recent time :D

Wtcr cars feel completely different to the 2018 cars. A lot more lively on the back end especially the lynk & co and I paid £8.50 for the 2019 pack so I'm guessing there is a discount for those of us that have the 2018 pack. I think it's good value for money.

Bought this immediately, no brainer for me. Love the WTCR cars and the updated physics for the 2019 pack were obvious after a few laps. These cars are not the most powerful, but they're a blast to race. This is what Sector 3 does best, in my opinion, along with the DTM and the GT cars.

The only thing missing is a true "WTCR experience" with the official rules (points, 3 races weekend format, etc.) and all the tracks.

I really enjoy the 2019 WTCR cars over the 2018 ones. Maybe it is just in my head, but the 2018 cars felt so slippery on track and I just find the 2019 cars to be way more planted and stable. Whatever it is the cars are really enjoyable out on track and if you are on the fence I say they are worth it.

I think that this also means that my Mclaren wheel should be fully supported now! I believe that the previous limit of 30 something mappable buttons was the problem. With 128 now, it should be good. Hurrah! R3E really is a very complete sim for my tastes now. Very good addition to my sim stable and one of my absolute favorites. Keep coming back for more and will continue to do so with more DLC and continual updates :)

Wednesdays update has completely broken VR! I have turned launch VR down from -2.0 to -1.0 every thing on low and it keeps crashing steam vr, oculus vr and my rift S. I can do a race at mid Ohio but game crashes as soon as I cross the finish line and at spa I can’t even get to T1 without the game crashing. Please can you guys fix it, I loved this sim, enjoyed playing it in VR and now I can’t play it as it’s crashing anything vr related on my pc. I’m using a 2080ti and overclocked i9 and all other sims work perfectly! AC, PC2, Dirt and RF2 all work in VR on medium to high settings, so it’s not my pc, it’s this broken update you have put in!

So the Porsche sounds are fantastic. Seriously top notch, especially the drivetrain sounds and backlash when letting off the throttle.

The cup car...i swear it's now one of the best in all of simracing. So much fun to drive hard. You have to wheel it, but its fun to drive on the edge.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 287 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.7%