R3E | New RaceRoom Update Adds Many Physics Improvements

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new update for RaceRoom Racing Experience has been deployed - adding a substantial number of physics improvements for an array of content within the game.

The new 1.1gb update is available to sim racers who next fire up their RaceRoom Racing Experience game install, and within that download comes a nice selection of changes - including an sizeable number of physics improvements applied to a various vehicles currently available within the game.

As well as physics and tyre model updates, several tracks have also been tweaked to produce a better AI experience in single player mode - all of which should make for an improved offline experience.

New content fans will have to wait for a little while longer to get their hands on the new Daytona road course and Porsche RSR, both of which are expected to be made available to the simulation in the near future.

Update Notes:
  • Controllers - Updated default FFB settings for Logitech G27
  • Controllers - Logitech wheels now have “sine” curb wave type and reduced minimum force value.
  • Controllers - Sim-Plicity: set all wave types to sine
  • Controllres - Thrustmaster: reduced minimum force value
  • Multiplayer - Server list now shows which of the three possible race sessions is currently running (R, R2, R3)
  • Fixed an issue with Fastest Lap notifications on the HUD that were not displaying properly
  • Fixed some Default Controller Profiles that were showing up as customized in the menu
  • Fixed player getting automatically DNF’d when they run out of fuel even though their vehicle is still moving. You can now crawl all the way to the finish line as long as your car moves.
  • Fixed a game crash that would occur when entering instant replay while using the pitstop menu
Content updates:
  • BMW M1 Procar - Updated physics and tyre model
  • BMW M3 GT2 - Fixed weird noises heard on downshifts coming from opponent cars in multiplayer
  • DTM 92 - Improved gearbox behaviour, updated drivetrain oscillations to give less in lower gears and more in high gears
  • Group 4 - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Group C - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Mercedes DTM 1995 - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Mercedes DTM 2005 - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Porsche 911 Carrera (964) - Updated physics and tyre model
  • Porsche 911 RSR 2019 - Various art tweaks to liveries
  • Tatuus F4 - Fixed launch control for this car, updated its default gear ratios for each track
  • Touring Classics - Improved gearbox behaviour, updated drivetrain oscillations to give less in lower gears and more in high gears
  • AI - Formula RaceRoom US: general improvement to AI behaviour
  • Dubai - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Nordschleife - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Norisring - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Nuerburgring Sprint - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Oschersleben - Fixed an issue with invisible objects on the grass at the pit exit. Tweak to terrain textures.
  • Sachsenring - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Shanghai - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Sonoma - Tweaks to AI behaviour. Fixed the dried grass surrounding the track that has always been wrongly assigned the gravel properties. It’s now proper dry grass when you drive on it.
  • Spa-Francorchamps - Tweaks to AI behaviour
  • Suzuka - Fixed a possible cut detection during pitstops
  • Zhuhai - Tweaks to AI behaviour

Original Source: Sector3 Studios

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively for PC.

Want to know how to make the most of the simulation? Start a thread in the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum and let our awesome community help you out!

RaceRoom Racing Experience Update 1.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe the free to play R3E isn't marketed as a demo, but let's be honest, that is exactly what it is.
You are ofcourse free to name it a demo eventhough I have never seen anybody from Raceroom call it a demo.;)
And if it is to be considered as a demo - then I used only a "demo" the whole first year of using Raceroom.
The reason I absolutely do not consider it a demo is exactly because all the cars and tracks you get when you install the free part of the game.
You have to decide is it a demo because its free - or is it because its only part of the full game.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Another reason I am not considering it a demo is because it does include roughly about as much as the basic starter kit from iRacing does.
And I have never heard anybody calling this starter kit a demo. But thats maybe just because you have to pay a more or less symbolical fee to get iRacings "demo":whistling:

EDIT: I would like to rephrase this line above - to make it even clearer what misuse of the word "demo" it is to titulate the complete basic Raceroom game a demo.
"You have to decide is it a demo because its free - or is it because the game is missing some cars and tracks"? ;)
Because then it has to be considered a demo until you own all cars and tracks - and every time new cars/tracks are added then wups - demo again.:roflmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
So take the advice above. Download the free part from Steam, then head to the in-game store and hit the "Test Drive" button on all the cars that interest you. There's literally no limit here, you can do it as many times as you like. So in terms of car content, you can try out every single one for free. You're limited to RaceRoom Raceway as a test track, but tracks are tracks. It's how the cars handle that's probably the most important thing.

Spend as long as you like test driving, and if you like what you see (feel?), hit the big old PURCHASE button after reading the buying guide.
Hmm. Are you sure you know what you are talking about?
Raceroom has no demo version.
So if you are running a demo version - could it be a demo of Mario you confuse with Raceroom?

View attachment 370921
you can download RaceRoom for free, on steam, with limited cars and tracks, to "demo"(nstrate) it with highly limited tracks and cars, while you decide if you want to buy all the other packs.. I guess I call that a demo.

Last edited:
you can download RaceRoom for free, on steam, with limited cars and tracks, to "demo"(nstrate) it with highly limited tracks and cars, while you decide if you want to buy all the other packs.. I guess I call that a demo.
Not sure why you used the previous quote since I agreed with you, what you download for free from Steam is a demo. It may force you to download all the stuff you don't have access to, but you have limited access just like a demo. It's clear intention is to promote the game and tempt people into buying it's content, also just like a demo. Therefore, regardless of it's size or it's "official" status, it is a demo as far as I'm concerned. :thumbsup:

Not sure why you used the previous quote since I agreed with you, what you download for free from Steam is a demo. It may force you to download all the stuff you don't have access to, but you have limited access just like a demo. It's clear intention is to promote the game and tempt people into buying it's content, also just like a demo. Therefore, regardless of it's size or it's "official" status, it is a demo as far as I'm concerned. :thumbsup:

APologies, not sure , i just replied or quoted the one we both got quoted in,

Agreed, I think point in case, I just grabbed LFS, which very similarly, allows you to play with a limited set of cars and tracks, they are straight up about it and just call it what it is, a demo.. I guess the primary difference is when defined as "free to play" r3e allows you to play online with the demo set of vehicles, whereas lfs requires that licence purchase that unlocks the cars AND the ability to play online.. you can argue the semantics all day long about "which" missing thing defines an item as a demo or as free to play though, at its core its a free way to demonstrate a thing that you intend users to purchase more parts of, hardly worth all the armchair battling it is receiving... maybe im just old and grumpy.. ;)

1589059073757.png

1589059040026.png

Free competitions don't make a complete game either, since you never own the content you're given temporary access to. They also serve as further promotion designed to entice people into buying content, just like a demo.

So yeah, I think we've already established that this is little more than semantics. Call it what you like, but it's purpose is literally the same.

Free competitions don't make a complete game either, since you never own the content you're given temporary access to. They also serve as further promotion designed to entice people into buying content, just like a demo.

So yeah, I think we've already established that this is little more than semantics. Call it what you like, but it's purpose is literally the same.
No, the eSports championships don't serve as promotion for the content. The sponsors are already paying RaceRoom for organizing the championships. If you are only interested in competing in official championships, most of the time you don't need to buy anything at all.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Being nit-picky, you don't even "own" the content that you bought in RaceRoom.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.4%