R3E Major Patch Delayed

8.jpg

Today SimBin has announced their "most important patch to date" for RaceRoom Racing Experience has been delayed while they finish testing the latest build.

If all goes well, they hope to release the patch tomorrow.

Get involved in our RaceRoom community by checking out our dedicated R3E forum, or by posting awesome videos and photos in our R3E gallery!

I used to love SIM BINS games (GTR series, race 07 etc) Raceroom is bad :(

I understand what you are saying, hopefully as the team add more of the things people valued most from our previous titles you will start to find R3E becomes a worthy successor one day, the latest big patch which is incoming takes a good step in the right direction towards some of those things we were better appreciated for in the past.

There is many talented and passionate team members who also share your wish to have the best experiences that can be made.

It is free to play so I encourage you to keep checking back in periodically and see if we managed to change your opinion ?

I take your point but what about all the race on series? that was a more or less finished product when released wasn;t it?
SimBin's obviously struggling to find money to develop a solid product. That's why they went out of business. They can't risk spending 2-3 years developing a product hoping it's going to be successful at the end. Hence F2P model. Their bet is on releasing small frequent commercial content while maintaining the base platform.

I used to love SIM BINS games (GTR series, race 07 etc) Raceroom is bad :(

Some time ago I would have agreed with you. In fact, until rather recently I would have written a post that made yours look like a fanboy wrote it.

But after discussing the game with some of Simbin own devs and seeing the changes they have implemented, I am open to giveR3E another shot.
And since I work in software, one (or more) days delay won't be the thing that makes me change my mind over it.

TBH, after we discussed R3E in this very forum, and after I was able to clarify a few things and see the changes on my own, I was really hopeful that things were finally on the right track 100%.

Much more troublesome to me than this small delay is the recent news of Simbin being liquidated and then it wasn't and then it changed its name and so on.

That did not help the company.

Is Simbin gone? CLose the door and say goodbye.
Is it reorganized? Then why change the name? When Coca Cola changed its formula it kept the name. "Sinbim" is a legendary name in this sport. Whatever the motives, getting rid of Simbin even if just in name only, was a silly move. (and we still see the name being used on this very forum today, talk about confusion).

One of the things we had identified as problematic was the lack of communication between Simbin and its fans. I am sad to see that's still going on, to the point where we don't know what the name of the company we are discussing is.

Tell you what: I think Simbin has the chops to make an excellent sim out of R3E.
I think their Pay to play system was a big mistake, even if it made them money in the short term.
I think there is people there that want to go back to their former greatness but I also think there is a faction, or an individual, with a great deal of power and influence that is making some bad choices.

Such as letting the closure of Simbin become controversial and clear as mud news, setting a deadline they could not live by 2 weeks ago and generally keeping too many things still not mapped out for the community to create a decent buzz.

I hope this person/group either gets a clue or finds another job.

But I still trust in the game.

Some time ago I would have agreed with you. In fact, until rather recently I would have written a post that made yours look like a fanboy wrote it.

But after discussing the game with some of Simbin own devs and seeing the changes they have implemented, I am open to giveR3E another shot.
And since I work in software, one (or more) days delay won't be the thing that makes me change my mind over it.

TBH, after we discussed R3E in this very forum, and after I was able to clarify a few things and see the changes on my own, I was really hopeful that things were finally on the right track 100%.

Much more troublesome to me than this small delay is the recent news of Simbin being liquidated and then it wasn't and then it changed its name and so on.

That did not help the company.

Is Simbin gone? CLose the door and say goodbye.
Is it reorganized? Then why change the name? When Coca Cola changed its formula it kept the name. "Sinbim" is a legendary name in this sport. Whatever the motives, getting rid of Simbin even if just in name only, was a silly move. (and we still see the name being used on this very forum today, talk about confusion).

One of the things we had identified as problematic was the lack of communication between Simbin and its fans. I am sad to see that's still going on, to the point where we don't know what the name of the company we are discussing is.

Tell you what: I think Simbin has the chops to make an excellent sim out of R3E.
I think their Pay to play system was a big mistake, even if it made them money in the short term.
I think there is people there that want to go back to their former greatness but I also think there is a faction, or an individual, with a great deal of power and influence that is making some bad choices.

Such as letting the closure of Simbin become controversial and clear as mud news, setting a deadline they could not live by 2 weeks ago and generally keeping too many things still not mapped out for the community to create a decent buzz.

I hope this person/group either gets a clue or finds another job.

But I still trust in the game.

Pretty much what i have been saying all along. :thumbsup:

There is someone/something making decisions that defy logic/sense.
Like i said in a previous post - they have this F2P model that requires constant investment but there is no advertising the fact, nothing to tell you what the upcoming content is, what it will cost and how it works.
Just the odd video of someone driving a race car. Whoopeee. :cautious:

How the hell are people supposed to buy into your product if they don't know it exists, what it is and what it does?
Sort your marketing out.

The RRRE way of things;
eBay auction # 23787932091
Racing game for sale
Some cars are in it
Some tracks are in it
Some physics are in it
Some other stuff like trees and bumps and stuff. Possibly.
£ You'll find out when it's out.
Release: When it's out. But look! Here's a video 6e66o drifting! Wheeeeeeee!

:p

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing