R3E has been updated 18/11/2014

Sonat Ozturk

Sector3 Studios
18-10/2014

What’s New (Summary)

- DTM Experience 2014.

- Added new packs, DTM 2013, DTM 2014, European Track pack.

- Moscow Raceway, Brands Hatch and Norisring now available in RRE.

- Pit Stops (DTM 2014 Single Player only for now, it will be added to MP and other experiences later)

- We changed the way we handle Experiences. E.g. DTM 2013 owners get all DTM 2013 content unlocked in RRE. (Some licence restriction may apply e.g. DTM 2014 cars will not be available in RRE right away)

- Added Store cart system. You can now buy the exact amount of required vRP’s instead of buying vRP packs.

- Portimao is now free for everyone.

- Added new liveries to Saleen. All Saleen liveries are now free.

- All tracks updated to latest standards with new shaders and RoadFeel

Game

- Added different tyre visuals. Two sets of tyres. Dtm 2014 only.

- Fixed an issue where you would get duplicate liveries in Single Player.

- Fixed an issue where the game was using wrong driving model when launching LBC/Competition through portal before entering an experience (main green orb).

- Changed so that we can now have different race length types (laps and minutes) depending on an experience.

- Fixed an issue where the game was not pausing when alt tabbing.

- Updated localization.

- Fixed so the cut track overlay is a warning instead of a penalty.

- Fixed so the invalid lap overlay is a warning instead of a penalty.

- Implemented support for different moods per track layout instead of global moods.

- Updated localization.

- Added new HUD element for car status.

- Fixed an issue where special characters weren’t displayed correctly in the game.

- We now allow up to 32 contact shadows in settings instead of 8.

- Fixed an issue where the engine vibration setting wouldn’t save.

- Fixed Return Multiplier defaulting to 0.1 and not saving if you changed it to 0.

- Fixed: RedBull Ring audio during camera Fly By cutting off

- Fixed: Game crashing if you start a single race after failing to join MP session

- Fixed: Crash in AI adaptation when leaving event if no player was present.

- Fixed: Not being able to load DTM Championships.

- Fixed an issue with FFB lost at race start.

- Fixed starting lights overlapping with the results if you retire before the race starts

- Fixed an issue where the default camera is becomes cockpit cam when you play a session that starts in garage.

- Fixed issue where Escape wasn’t working if AI had crossed the finish line first and player had to cross the line too to finish the race.

- Fixed a gamepad rumble issue when you quit a race or get DQd

- Fixed so the hood is replaced when repairing aerodynamics.

- Updated default controlsets. Added DRS and pit menu bindings to all profiles and removed unused lines.

- Fixed an issue with Data Display showing lap 1 as lap 0.

- Increased max FFB vertical value to 400%

- Fixed data display split times.

- Removed countdown from data display and position bar.

- Fixed so that the free cam uses player volume multiplier.

- Enabled cut track rules setting in all experiences.

Art

- Monza - Fixed various art issues.

- Brands_hatch – Various art fixes and higher resolution garage interiors.

- Hockenheim – Various art fixes.

- Hungaroring - Various art fixes.

- Norisring – Various art fixes

- Nurburgring - Various art fixes.

- Lausitzring – Various art fixes

- Redbull Ring - Various art fixes.

- Zandvoort - Various art fixes.

- Laguna Seca – Various art fixes.

- Changed global fog settings.

- Tweaked global lighting settings.

- Improved road shader.

- Updated WTCC 2013 cars with various fixes.

- Updated RaceRoom Hillclimb with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb

- Updated Lakeview Hillclimb with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb

- Updated Indianapolis with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb

- Updated Laguna Seca with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb

- Updated Bathurst with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb

- Updated Zolder with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb

- Updated Portimao with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.

- Updated Moscow Raceway with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb

Audio & AI & Physics & Camera

- Fixed an issue where player would get unfair stop and go penalty on the last turn of Raceroom Raceway.

- Updated Audi Quattro GTO physics for less understeer and improved AI for certain types of turns.

- Fixed an issue with Radical SR9 Turbo logic to fix rolling start issues.

- Increased force feedback multiplier on all cars.

- Made AI not try to overtake cars in pit entry lane, unless really slow.

- Norisring: Added more DRS activation points for AI.

- Zandvoort: Added more DRS activation points for AI.

- Hockenheim: Added more DRS activation points for AI.

- Hungaroring: Added more DRS activation points for AI.

- Moscow: Added DRS activation points for AI, improved Get Real AI behaviour.

Portal

- Added shopping cart system. You no longer need to buy VRP packages and can purchase the exact needed VRP.

- Changed the way we treat Experiences aka Experience 2.0. We no longer treat experiences as separate addons. An experience is now similar to a content that can be part of a pack.

- Newsfeed improvements. Added more feeds to the newsfeed in player profile such as, news from subscribed fan page, competitions, discounts in store, friend activities.

- Changed to new stats system. All stats prior to September 2014 have been wiped (sorry L).

- Fixed an issue with store text not appearing complete in browsers.

I'm torn now about what else to buy :laugh:

Track pack has 3 tracks I don't own, DTM2013 has 3 tracks I don't own and 3 cars, DTM2014 has 2 tracks I don't own and 3 cars and they have offline championship play so I could come last without multiplayer too! :p

I want Brands Hatch, obviously (GP cct would be nice - hmm?) and Laguna and Bathhurst *sighs* It's not easy deciding what to buy and my wife might kill me if I go for 'all of it' which is a possibility :whistling:
Tell your wife that you will get it heavily discounted if you buy it all in a bundle, women just can't resist a good deal! ;)

Reactions: 247
Great update guys!
I absolutely love Portimao. Didn't know that track before, thx for giving it to us for free. I will check out DTM tomorrow :D

Is the Civic bug fixed? (engine sound only on left channel)
Nope, it's still there, at least for me. But no one else seems to have it so maybe it's a hardware compatibility problem?? edit:it's even worse with the carlson judd slk hillclimb car. Sound is completely changing from left to right while reving up. I hope this is getting fixed soon.

Last edited:
I've been enjoying the free content on this but I find their entire approach to selling bits and bobs of content to be offputting in the extreme!

So much overlap, so much nickel-and-diming me for liveries etc. - it's a crap way of doing it - just sell me a game please - one where all the players have all the content and can race with each other etc. etc.

No use selling people bits of a game and expecting them to play together - no use selling half a jigsaw...
If you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple as that :)
I for one like the approach, I buy only what I want and feel I can afford, which so far has been everything but the liveries :p

Carlos Sancho said:
Is the Civic bug fixed? (engine sound only on left channel)
Nope, it's still there, at least for me. But no one else seems to have it so maybe it's a hardware compatibility problem?? edit:it's even worse with the carlson judd slk hillclimb car. Sound is completely changing from left to right while reving up. I hope this is getting fixed soon.

Sorry guys, I didn't know about this bug, but it definitely looks like a compatibility issue because I don't remember that some other people had this problem. Could you tell me what are your sound card and chipset /motherboard please? Also, are you playing with stereo or 5.1 mode? From there, we might have a chance to reproduce it. Thanks for your patience ;)

Reactions: Si
Well done.....good looking updates......especially the track upgrades.....the new Checkout is good...only pay for what you need.....good discount for owned content......DTM 2014 will be cheap for me.....yippee!

great changes, the pit stop is really done well, can be configured in the race and even better, you can create presets for quick, quite remarkable, even tire wear visible on screen is very useful, the AI seems much improved, I did a few races in SP and I really enjoyed it. The only slight problem with the window of the pit race is that I get in between the 2 monitors, I use triple monitors, it is not a big deal but if you could have the possibility to choose between different configurations, such as the side or extreme side or the other ... but in all great job as always.

You're killing me, S3! This is such a great update and you're on the right track! Keep it up! That said, my 2 main issues: G27 ffb center deadzone issues and AI respect/aggression don't appear to have been addressed. :( Still, a worth-while upgrade for those who have a good discount on it!

Edit: After racing a while I think there has been slight improvement in the ffb center deadzone (still not enough) but I think there has been significant improvement in the AI respect/aggression. I can occasionally race side-by-side with them and I'm no longer getting rammed into from behind in the corners.

Last edited:
Freaking awesome! Only had a chance for one DTM 2014 race so far but had a blast... other than I went from 2nd to last after the only pit stop in an 11 lap race - I didn't have any buttons mapped to control the pit menu LOL! The AI pushed me hard, took different lines, spread out realistically, VERY good!
I have to say, R3E/DTM gives me an immersion level I don't get in most of my other sims, S3 has really taken this to a new level in a rather short period of time (spring 14'). Nice job Simbin... err S3.

According to someone in another forum, if you own 'bits'of a pack, the pack will be discounted based on which bits you already have?

e.g. if you own WTCC already, the Euro Track pack will be discounted for the tracks which overlap??

Nice idea but I still can't get away from the idea that selling 'bits' of stuff will ensure no-one ever has the right bits to race anyone else

I assume you don't need to own cars other than the one you're racing and the track you're racing on - e.g. you can race someone driving a car you personally don't own?

According to someone in another forum, if you own 'bits'of a pack, the pack will be discounted based on which bits you already have?

e.g. if you own WTCC already, the Euro Track pack will be discounted for the tracks which overlap??

Nice idea but I still can't get away from the idea that selling 'bits' of stuff will ensure no-one ever has the right bits to race anyone else

I assume you don't need to own cars other than the one you're racing and the track you're racing on - e.g. you can race someone driving a car you personally don't own?
Yes...I only bought the WTCC Cruise and can race against the others, even in single player....you need the track online, but 1 car in each class will do ( GT3, GT Masters, etc).....no need to buy cars you dont want. But you may get a deal by buying a "pack", especially if you already own some of the content.

Like mentioned above you only need one car and the track....RRE has everything locked and loaded which unlocks the content. Hence why most updates are so large but on the positive side no more waiting impatiently for new content to download, click purchase and it s there ready to race :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 428 39.6%