R3E: Gumpert Apollo Released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Last edited:
What should be an exciting new release for R3E is met with chirping crickets here on RD. And I can see why. This game is in desperate need of a true content update that adds highly sought after basic features. When I think of the fact that I've spent nearly $100 on this game and still don't have the ability to run a race, or godforbid, actually run a championship type series, it really chaps my ass...The money I've spent compared to the content I actually have access to is depressing to think about. We need a major content update very soon and maybe a price break for people who have already purchased everything the game has to offer

This game is in desperate need of a true content update that adds highly sought after basic features. When I think of the fact that I've spent nearly $100 on this game and still don't have the ability to run a race, or godforbid, actually run a championship type series,

I'm pretty much the same. I originally purchased some extra content so that I could see the quality, and it is quite good too.
However, I have stopped buying any more content until I see some opportunity to do something else besides hotlapping, which does nothing for me. :(

Neither the game nor the content it provides is the problem, it's the play-for-free with microtransactions model. It's absolutely horrendous and it's killing the possible success of this game. This should have been GTR3.. it just confirms what I said earlier, this just isn't going to work for Simbin. The game looks and sounds fantastic but I'm not buying into it.

Whilst at first I was greatly annoyed by this microtransaction model I have come to accept it.

I picked up two 5000 vRP packs for 40 euros each. Went and picked the cars and tracks I liked and have some vRP to spare for upcomming content. Personaly skipping this Gumpert as the car never spoke to me. .

Anyway if you just buy 5000vRP packs (wich makes things a little cheaper) then I dont see much of a problem anymore myself. Just add new content as it comes along or skip it.

Everything is there. Why Simbin don't let us race online or at least against AI in a single race (with a start and finish!) ?
For a GT competition I agree, you need more tracks.
Please, we spend money, let the races begin…
The quality of the content is great anyway! My guess is that they are short on money?

Personally I wish developers would not have open betas so I don't have to read multiple threads and posts of people complaining that the game should have been finished yesterday. As for the pricing I don't see what the big fuss is about its still cheaper than the other pay games...yes I hope they discounted content packages in the future, give a extra discount once xxx dollars have been spent and more free tracks on release day but for what we were given for free so far u can't complain! If memory serves me correctly neither pcars or rf2 had multiplayer implemented within the first 6 months which is about the same point were at since beining released to the public so people just need to be patient and understand what beta means :)

well slute,

you do have a point there but it's so easy to forget when you see all these cool pics :)
in the end I still want simbin to do it right then rush and give us a game that's not even finished halfway
gonna have to suck it up and play some more Race for a while :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years