R3E: GTR2 update and custom championships footage

Sector3 has published a new video for RaceRoom Racing Experience showcasing the upcoming revamp for the GTR2 class.

The Swedish dev team published the footage on their RaceRoom channel on Youtube, and in its running time of 4 minutes you can take a look at the custom championship feature.

Apparently, it's possible to set a custom number of rounds with custom rules, and it's also possible to save progress after a race.

The video shows a race at Laguna Seca in the new Cadillac CTS-V.R, which will be available soon in the GTR2 class along with a full revamp of the existing cars in the class.

The update will bring new physics and liveries to one of the earliest Raceroom car class (and one of the most raced, judging from the multiplayer servers).

Do you already have a GTR2-spec car? Are you looking forward to the custom championship feature? Sound off in the comments below.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they have the outside sounds of the Caddy right. I watched a race at Sonoma a few years back. Won by 2 caddies. Every time the Caddies passed me by I could feel their engines in my solar plexus. The other cars by comparisons sounded like electric mixers making a Margarita.

It was an intense experience. Of all the races I have attended no car has ever scared me at such a deep level. It seemed impossible it could sound like that. The closest to that experience was when I was sitting close by a Merlin engine running full tilt.

Speaking of R3E, they are really doing a good job, but I have a bone to pick with the AI. They all seem to overbreak at every turn. They take turns at unnaturally low speeds and before I figured it out I kept nailing the car in front.

Maybe that's how the control the various speeds of the AI, but I think a better solution would be in order as I can always count on taking the car in front at the next turn.

tbh dont really care abt the caddy but am interested to see the physics revamp.

cant wait for the 935.
I have no real interest in GTR2, so I`ll be giving the car a miss; I prefer the older and/or slower cars.
The more content that`s released, the more choosy I`ll have to become.
Looking forward to the custom championships though.

I have a question about this pack. Is it based off the old simbin game GTR2 or does the name mean something else? I never played GTR2 myself and from what I can tell it sounds like I missed out on a good sim.

Thanks.

I have a question about this pack. Is it based off the old simbin game GTR2 or does the name mean something else? I never played GTR2 myself and from what I can tell it sounds like I missed out on a good sim.

Thanks.

Nope. It's just a class denomination - it probably means a GT2 spec class, if the BMW M3 is anything to go by.
GTR2 is a classic, anyway. I'm not sure it's still played online but it was certainly a great sim.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%