R3E GT4 Talk 'n' Drive: Monday 26th November 18:30 UTC

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Join us at 18:30 UTC at the RaceDepartment Twitch channel for our new three part 'Talk 'n' Drive' series - looking at the upcoming GT4 DLC for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

With GT4 cars coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience for the very first time later this month, and following our substantial interview with JF Chardon and Alex Hodgkinson back on November 23rd, we thought it would be a good idea to run a now traditional 'Talk 'n' Drive' segment to look at the cars in more detail, from a sim racer perspective.

Tune in from 18:30 UTC HERE.

We've heard all about the technical side of things from Alex, we've learnt about the licencing arrangements and a taster of the plans for the category within sim going forward, and we've seen some footage of the cars in a racing environment, but what we haven't yet done is touch upon how they actually feel to drive. What happens between the software of the simulation and the feeling in our hands through the wheel is an important aspect of any sim racing car content, and this is something I wanted to address with these new videos.

Utilising the usual 'Talk 'n' Drive' format, and coming in a three part series as we first look at the Lotus Evora, then the KTM Xbow and finally the Porsche Cayman, we will be on our Twitch TV channel from 18:30 UTC for three 30 minute segments around the Brands Hatch Indy circuit. Going into three separate race events against fellow GT4 machines, we hope the video provides both some entertaining footage, but also helps give just a little bit of insight into how the cars feel within the title, and how they compare as three very different types of machine within the same class.

18:30 UTC - Lotus Evora GT4
Lotus Evora TND.jpg

19:30 UTC - KTM Xbow GT4
KTM Xbow TND.jpg

20:30 UTC - Porsche Cayman GT4
Porsche TND.jpg

Don't forget to tune in, and give us a like, subscribe and follow too!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

New cars look great and for me R3E has the most appealing content of the major sims available. Just a pity the game lacks core features like dynamic track evolution and multi class. Whenever I go and do a longer race in a game like Automobilista these features add a lot to the experience.

R3E really is a great sim. I often ask myself what other sims have that this one doesn't. A few features perhaps, but what makes the others so much better? Not much really. I find myself enjoying R3E more and more these days. After that new car smell has worn off other sims, this one is pretty rock solid. Just my feelings on it.

Hope they fix this unnecessary VR-WMR-bug with the mouse not working anymore after alt-tabbing and had many issues with the Oculus as well. Must be one line of code to change this annoying window-behavior locking up the mouse like in no other title I know of (2x alt+tab). Solution so far is launching the WMR-controller (if you have one) and entering SteamVR from the WMR-Portal.

i wish ppl would stop calling RR free to play, it's pretty false advertising, its a demo
With 10 free cars and 4 tracks giving 13 variations, public servers running the free content all of which can be used without any cost, makes it more than a demo.
The ability to test drive any car, and buying 1 car allows you to race against all others in that class MP or SP doesn't seem so bad to me.

R3E did some things I do not like with the Experience modules.
Integration is nice, but the original season part got thrown out with the bath water.

If they can chang content on a whim, who is to say they won’t take out more stuff in the future that you have paid for.

...that said I have bought nearly everything this game has to offer, because the basics are good, it is the company that I don't trust.

I wish people stopped calling RR a demo, it's a free to play game.
I wish people just said it's a sim which provides a demo :thumbsup: :D
You know, just giving some of the content for free to test the game, like a... demo, and a complete game if you are willing to pay for it.

By the way, I'm still unhappy with the lack of a few crucial features in Raceroom, but their current work is interesting ; I understand it take more time as they have to work on the licensed cars with specific milestones.

I've just added Road America, Motegi, DTM 2005, the Formula 1 and Indycar, to my collection, so the unhappyness is not that high :cool:. These are great contents and the feeling of Raceroom is still excellent and consistent. Keep on the good job.

Does anybody know how much GT4 pack is gonna cost? I have some 900vrp left and not sure is it enough for all 3 GT4 cars.
It's not enough if you don't own the Cayman already, because new cars are usually about 400 VRP. If you have it, this might be enough, because the upgrades are usually cheap. Can't remember how much, but far less than a new car.

Last edited:
It's not enough if you don't own the Cayman already, because new cars are usually about 400 VRP. If you have it, this might be enough, because the upgrades are usually cheap. Can't remember how much, but far less than a new car.

I do have a Cayman already. But after watching reviews of those new GT4 cars I think i will go for Lotus only as it seems to be my taste of a car in comparison to two others. But if I can afford whole pack then... who knows. Thanks anyway ;)

R3E really is a great sim. I often ask myself what other sims have that this one doesn't.
iRacing, rF2 and pCars 2 have better suspension-physics, VR-support, graphics, dynamic track features and advanced setups. Two of them have a ranking-system with online-safety rating with ACC coming soon and rF2 the much better AI. Certainly RR has it's strengths as well.

Two years ago in a similar dev-stream Sector3 promised ranking-servers coming very soon (starting December 2016) and guess what: Nothing happend. Since then i hear them talking and don't believe a word.

iRacing, rF2 and pCars 2 have better suspension-physics, VR-support, graphics, dynamic track features and advanced setups. Two of them have a ranking-system with online-safety rating with ACC coming soon and rF2 the much better AI. Certainly RR has it's strengths as well.

Two years ago in a similar dev-stream Sector3 promised ranking-servers coming very soon (starting December 2016) and guess what: Nothing happend. Since then i hear them talking and don't believe a word.
Yeah, you're right. R3E sucks. That's for letting me know.

Multiclass is a good idea in theory .... but I imagine in practice very difficult because if in single class the AI are machines to collide when two or more cars of very different powers coexist ... it became a new Mad Max.

I hope wrong of course IMHO

So, it's a demo. Like ACC?
Are you serious? Can't you just go their steam page to check what it is?
It's a full game with a demo (you can try the game with limited content), as many games were doing few years ago (it seems people nowadays prefer to pay without trying... How insane). The difference with a regular game is that you can chose what component you're interested in and pay for it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%