R3E GT4 Talk 'n' Drive: Monday 26th November 18:30 UTC

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Join us at 18:30 UTC at the RaceDepartment Twitch channel for our new three part 'Talk 'n' Drive' series - looking at the upcoming GT4 DLC for RaceRoom Racing Experience.

With GT4 cars coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience for the very first time later this month, and following our substantial interview with JF Chardon and Alex Hodgkinson back on November 23rd, we thought it would be a good idea to run a now traditional 'Talk 'n' Drive' segment to look at the cars in more detail, from a sim racer perspective.

Tune in from 18:30 UTC HERE.

We've heard all about the technical side of things from Alex, we've learnt about the licencing arrangements and a taster of the plans for the category within sim going forward, and we've seen some footage of the cars in a racing environment, but what we haven't yet done is touch upon how they actually feel to drive. What happens between the software of the simulation and the feeling in our hands through the wheel is an important aspect of any sim racing car content, and this is something I wanted to address with these new videos.

Utilising the usual 'Talk 'n' Drive' format, and coming in a three part series as we first look at the Lotus Evora, then the KTM Xbow and finally the Porsche Cayman, we will be on our Twitch TV channel from 18:30 UTC for three 30 minute segments around the Brands Hatch Indy circuit. Going into three separate race events against fellow GT4 machines, we hope the video provides both some entertaining footage, but also helps give just a little bit of insight into how the cars feel within the title, and how they compare as three very different types of machine within the same class.

18:30 UTC - Lotus Evora GT4
Lotus Evora TND.jpg

19:30 UTC - KTM Xbow GT4
KTM Xbow TND.jpg

20:30 UTC - Porsche Cayman GT4
Porsche TND.jpg

Don't forget to tune in, and give us a like, subscribe and follow too!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club, plus we offer a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

iRacing, rF2 and pCars 2 have better suspension-physics, VR-support, graphics, dynamic track features and advanced setups. Two of them have a ranking-system with online-safety rating with ACC coming soon and rF2 the much better AI. Certainly RR has it's strengths as well.

Two years ago in a similar dev-stream Sector3 promised ranking-servers coming very soon (starting December 2016) and guess what: Nothing happend. Since then i hear them talking and don't believe a word.
rfactor2 has better graphics and better VR support than RRE ; PCars2 with better VR support. Yeah ok... :roflmao: I may have some serious critics against RRE but would not lie just to bash it...:thumbsdown:

rfactor2 has better graphics and better VR support than RRE ; PCars2 with better VR support. Yeah ok... :roflmao: I may have some serious critics against RRE but would not lie just to bash it...:thumbsdown:

To even enable VR in RR you need to check to forum, so setting up the display in 2D first and mapping at least the key for VR-centering, set the "-vr" parameter for starting in VR and like i wrote before, it's not compatible with WMR-headsets today, which are the most sold HMDs at the moment. With the Oculus you should run the old GTX 388 drivers or you will have some freezing issues and never use Steam Supersampling, because ... just try it once you will know. The mouse sometimes works, but only sometimes. The graphics are flickering as hell and at least disable shadows. The movement is way too extreme and making you sick, so map some more keys for the camera movement to get less of it. In 01/2019 there is an anniversary: Two years VR-support in RR. Just it still feels like day 1 since 2017 and maybe one day it comes into Beta-state.

rF2 and pCars 2 are awesome in VR, when using rather low graphics-settings and certainly look still better than RR. The rest is self-explanatory and Vive just announce the "HTC Vive Pro McLaren Edition" with rFactor 2 included. Can't be that bad with this official partners. iRacing is hitting "yes" when the popup appears to launch into the HMD. It even switches the mouse-pointer directly over the yes-button and runs perfect.

RR could be the only free racing-game for VR that is kind of free first, but it always seems to talk to me: "better drive with a display, because VR sucks". And it really sucks in RR.

rfactor has very bad vr, turn off shadows in RR and vr runs fine, ever since rfactor went dx11 it runs like a big turd

pcars has good vr support,

Last edited:
Are you serious? Can't you just go their steam page to check what it is?
It's a full game with a demo (you can try the game with limited content), as many games were doing few years ago (it seems people nowadays prefer to pay without trying... How insane). The difference with a regular game is that you can chose what component you're interested in and pay for it.
Yes, pure insanity, I know. Are my fries ready, or what?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back