R3E: Group C Porsche 962 Team Joest & Nissan R90CK Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Nissan R90C.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience will be getting some Group C action as part of the next update, with the Porsche 962 Team Joest & Nissan R90CK joining the simulation.

Long held in the highest regard by motorsport aficionados as one of the finest eras of sportscar racing, the now legendary Group C era is about to be relived once again thanks to Sector3 Studios - the Swedish development team having confirmed both the stunning Porsche 962 and the equally impressive Nissan R90CK will be heading to the sim as part of the upcoming new build update.

R3E Porsche 964 C.jpg

Featuring more horsepower than grid, manual gearboxes and striking aerodynamic designs, the Group C category of racing held strong throughout the 1980's and early 1990's as the very pinnacle of long distance endurance racing. Featuring some of the biggest names of world motorsport during the period, it is incredibly exciting to see these kinds of car coming to RaceRoom in the very near future.

Stay tuned for a little talk and drive in the new Porsche on Friday 15th March at 20:00 UTC on our RaceDepartment Twitch channel*

* doesn't include the Nissan as I wasn't sure if this was to be announced at the time of recording... sorry!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Sector3 Studios, and is available to download now.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RD to join in the discussion, find some awesome League and Club Racing events, and of course download a mod or two as well..

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

THANK YOU GOD

Now, they better do the Lancia LC2. That's my favorite Group C of all time.

I would love that aswell. The LC2 is one of my favorite Group C car, especially because of its awesome Ferrari V8 twin-Turbo engine sound. Sadly, Lancia is licensed by Fiat/Ferrari Group, which has never been possible for us so far :(

Also, the LC2 would be totally blown up by the R90 and the 962 Joest performance wise, but for such a nice design I think I would accept a crazy BOP :D

Last edited:
Man I can`t wait for those cars, need some more like Mercedes and Mazda and Jaguar and...you know the drill.

And I will say this, if RRE had a: 24h time flow, manual pitstop, Le Mans, Sebring, Daytona i would trow out ALL my other sims away and play this for the rest of my life...don`t know but there is something whit the ffb and drive model in this sim that makes me understand perfectly what I`m doing and i can`t say the same for AC, Iracing and even...RF2...(don`t get me wrong, I adore them anyway)

Great news, really looking forward to driving these two.

I think my additional favourites would be any of the later Jaguars and the Mazda 787B. So around the same sort of period.

There are plenty of wide open tracks on R3E where we can enjoy these cars, would be nice to have maybe Sebring or Daytona in the future maybe but to have Group C is awesome anyway.

Also coming back to what we discussed yesterday. It does take some "bravery" to create these sorts of additions to a game. We all love 'em on here but it is a niche market and many thanks to Sector3 for creating them for us :)

Just have to make a C1-B class and pop the Lancia in there, so many Prototypes from that era to choose from, with a massive range in power, all so gorgeous though that the series in RR deserve the lot, even the ones that didn't race in anger, like the Alpha maybe, please.

297199-35f40250d87bc17fda441b2c0f90e9d2.jpg

Attachments

• Alfa_Romeo_SE_048.jpg
    Alfa_Romeo_SE_048.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 342
Just have to make a C1-B class and pop the Lancia in there, so many Prototypes from that era to choose from, with a massive range in power, all so gorgeous though that the series in RR deserve the lot, even the ones that didn't race in anger, like the Alpha maybe, please.

297199-35f40250d87bc17fda441b2c0f90e9d2.jpg

One of my favourites from the old Group C mod. The car was a bit of a disaster (just ahead of it's time in some areas and not properly sorted) but the Allard J2X was a prime example of why Group C was so special.

Allard_GroupC_ftA_red.jpg

Allard-PK1.jpg

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/allardj2x.html

The aim is to add more cars in this class, but no name to communicate yet. ;)
If Raceroom published the cars from Redlines GTP mod (Sauber c9, Jaguar XJR-9, Toyota 88cv, Mazda 787b) Sector3 Studios would get some amazing free and positive hype.
Because a lot of experienced racing sim users has still a very positive memory of this trendsetting racing mod based on the NR2003 sim.
Think about this Mistar Monteil - because I consider it even possible that these legendary cars would behave even more exciting and "realistic" in Raceroom than they did on the NR2003 platform.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 296555
RaceRoom Racing Experience will be getting some Group C action as part of the next update, with the Porsche 962 Team Joest & Nissan R90CK joining the simulation.

Long held in the highest regard by motorsport aficionados as one of the finest eras of sportscar racing, the now legendary Group C era is about to be relived once again thanks to Sector3 Studios - the Swedish development team having confirmed both the stunning Porsche 962 and the equally impressive Nissan R90CK will be heading to the sim as part of the upcoming new build update.

View attachment 296556

Featuring more horsepower than grid, manual gearboxes and striking aerodynamic designs, the Group C category of racing held strong throughout the 1980's and early 1990's as the very pinnacle of long distance endurance racing. Featuring some of the biggest names of world motorsport during the period, it is incredibly exciting to see these kinds of car coming to RaceRoom in the very near future.

Stay tuned for a little talk and drive in the new Porsche on Friday 15th March at 20:00 UTC on our RaceDepartment Twitch channel*

* doesn't include the Nissan as I wasn't sure if this was to be announced at the time of recording... sorry!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Sector3 Studios, and is available to download now.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RD to join in the discussion, find some awesome League and Club Racing events, and of course download a mod or two as well..

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Ay caramba! Cars with Cojones.

Kondor999 you can get a very good mod of the Lancia for Assetto Corsa. And it is for free.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 218 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.4%