R3E: Group C Porsche 962 Team Joest & Nissan R90CK Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E Nissan R90C.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience will be getting some Group C action as part of the next update, with the Porsche 962 Team Joest & Nissan R90CK joining the simulation.

Long held in the highest regard by motorsport aficionados as one of the finest eras of sportscar racing, the now legendary Group C era is about to be relived once again thanks to Sector3 Studios - the Swedish development team having confirmed both the stunning Porsche 962 and the equally impressive Nissan R90CK will be heading to the sim as part of the upcoming new build update.

R3E Porsche 964 C.jpg

Featuring more horsepower than grid, manual gearboxes and striking aerodynamic designs, the Group C category of racing held strong throughout the 1980's and early 1990's as the very pinnacle of long distance endurance racing. Featuring some of the biggest names of world motorsport during the period, it is incredibly exciting to see these kinds of car coming to RaceRoom in the very near future.

Stay tuned for a little talk and drive in the new Porsche on Friday 15th March at 20:00 UTC on our RaceDepartment Twitch channel*

* doesn't include the Nissan as I wasn't sure if this was to be announced at the time of recording... sorry!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Sector3 Studios, and is available to download now.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RD to join in the discussion, find some awesome League and Club Racing events, and of course download a mod or two as well..

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I still don't get why it's apparently such a big deal that we don't have adjustable tyre pressures in Raceroom, and yet it's considered perfectly fine that in rF2 you always drop the pressures as low as they will go to be faster, or in AC tyre temperatures don't really matter when it comes to grip levels as long as you have correct pressures, or in iRacing the colder the tyres, the more grip you have... I mean I would consider all of these to be more important flaws of the respective tyre models than the option to adjust tyre pressures, but for some reason they don't seem to be.
It's a "big deal" because complainers always need something to complain about. Doesn't matter that the lack of tyre pressures has very little effect on the sim or how fun it is it drive. It's something to moan about, so they focus on it until it's "fixed". As soon as the patch arrives that adds tyre pressures, they'll find something else just as insignificant to focus on instead, claiming that R3E is a bad sim because it doesn't have it yet. Watch this space. :sleep:

I'm very happy that an official group c release is coming.the choice of cars are OK for a first release especially for the nissan I'm more excited ,because porsche we have on assetto even though these is not the same car.I also read the comments and request of fellow sim racers above and with all respect guys don't bring the same cars like assetto or rf2 (787 or 767 or c9 or c11).the most iconic car of 1990 is the xjr 12.n/a, v12 ,7000cc Silk cut beauty.I can tell you how much I want to hear that beast created by you.

Georg said a number of times release might be this week and shouldn't be later than next. :( Here's hoping for this awesome update this weekend.

Last edited:
@Georg Ortner Great! I hoped so. I asked during the stream, but obviously it got lost among the many comments.

I also said that I think this puts Raceroom in a category of its own as far as HUD and HUD customization in sims goes, and I absolutely stand by that. Even if no HUD other than the one you showed is ever created, it's still amazing. Granted, you can probably do even more in AC via apps...but they're nowhere near this easy to customize (for example no easy resizing I believe). Add to that getting rid of the big annoying messages, multiclass relative timing, radar app, the assist widget and more...just awesome.

I really think I might be looking forward to this even more than to the Group C cars, and I'm looking forward to them a lot.

I only thought it would be the Group C's that grabbed my attention with this update but after watching Georg last night, for starters that 964 sounds sweet as and you can't beat cup cars for club racing, sorta the whole point but those overlay possibilities are mouthwatering to say the least, loving the leaderboard ladder with colour coded classes. Sat here breathing into a brown paper bag, this is *expletive amazing, cannot *expletive wait, think I'll go have a *expletive *expletive while I'm waiting for deployment at 3pm-ish! :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%