• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured R3E: Group C Porsche 962 Team Joest & Nissan R90CK Confirmed

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +20,035
    R3E Nissan R90C.jpg
    RaceRoom Racing Experience will be getting some Group C action as part of the next update, with the Porsche 962 Team Joest & Nissan R90CK joining the simulation.

Long held in the highest regard by motorsport aficionados as one of the finest eras of sportscar racing, the now legendary Group C era is about to be relived once again thanks to Sector3 Studios - the Swedish development team having confirmed both the stunning Porsche 962 and the equally impressive Nissan R90CK will be heading to the sim as part of the upcoming new build update.

R3E Porsche 964 C.jpg

Featuring more horsepower than grid, manual gearboxes and striking aerodynamic designs, the Group C category of racing held strong throughout the 1980's and early 1990's as the very pinnacle of long distance endurance racing. Featuring some of the biggest names of world motorsport during the period, it is incredibly exciting to see these kinds of car coming to RaceRoom in the very near future.

Stay tuned for a little talk and drive in the new Porsche on Friday 15th March at 20:00 UTC on our RaceDepartment Twitch channel*

* doesn't include the Nissan as I wasn't sure if this was to be announced at the time of recording... sorry!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation from Sector3 Studios, and is available to download now.

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RD to join in the discussion, find some awesome League and Club Racing events, and of course download a mod or two as well..

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Love Love x 17
    • Like Like x 8
  2. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,122
    we have just been racing the mak corps group c mod in rf2....if they are better than that mod they will be amazing !!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Lentoveloz

Lentoveloz
    Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    I really liked it, but I would have liked it even more if it were new tracks. Some good modern tracks are missing. I will not even talk about historical tracks ...

4. GPL

GPL

Ratings:
    +28
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. kondor999

kondor999

Ratings:
    +247
    THANK YOU GOD

Now, they better do the Lancia LC2. That's my favorite Group C of all time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Philipp Koch

Philipp Koch

Ratings:
    +112
    this on the Nordschleife :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. anthony monteil

anthony monteil
    Sector3 Studios

Ratings:
    +251
    It was indeed ready for more than 6 years, but at least now it will get on track with all the bells and whistles it deserves, and most of all it's in good company :D

• Like Like x 9
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. anthony monteil

anthony monteil
    Sector3 Studios

Ratings:
    +251
    I would love that aswell. The LC2 is one of my favorite Group C car, especially because of its awesome Ferrari V8 twin-Turbo engine sound. Sadly, Lancia is licensed by Fiat/Ferrari Group, which has never been possible for us so far :(

Also, the LC2 would be totally blown up by the R90 and the 962 Joest performance wise, but for such a nice design I think I would accept a crazy BOP :D

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Haha Haha x 2
  9. sogoku

sogoku

Ratings:
    +5
    Do Sector3 have any plans for the Mercedes C11 and Toyota 90C-V of the same year and championship ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. anthony monteil

anthony monteil
    Sector3 Studios

Ratings:
    +251
    The aim is to add more cars in this class, but no name to communicate yet. ;)

• Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 3
    • Beer Beer x 3
  11. aka2k

aka2k

Ratings:
    +170
    Whoa that's a nice surprise. Any chance to get some obscure cars from that time, like Mirage, Rondeau or Dome? That would be pretty cool. :D

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. giga1tr

giga1tr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7
    I'm looking forward to every new content and Sector 3 is doing a great job right now. Group C is my favorite class in every sim.
    By the way, the Sauber C9 / C11 has to be;);)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pitr

Pitr

Ratings:
    +6
    Man I can`t wait for those cars, need some more like Mercedes and Mazda and Jaguar and...you know the drill.

And I will say this, if RRE had a: 24h time flow, manual pitstop, Le Mans, Sebring, Daytona i would trow out ALL my other sims away and play this for the rest of my life...don`t know but there is something whit the ffb and drive model in this sim that makes me understand perfectly what I`m doing and i can`t say the same for AC, Iracing and even...RF2...(don`t get me wrong, I adore them anyway)

• Like Like x 4
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kabuki101

Kabuki101

Ratings:
    +1
    I think there are a lot of opportunities in this class. Especially the cars made by small companies back in the day should be relatively easy to licence in terms of finance !?
    -Spice
    -Kudzu
    -Intrepid
    -Eagle
    -Tiga
    -Gebhardt
    -Argo

It would be amazing :inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper

Ratings:
    +1,707
    Great news, really looking forward to driving these two.

I think my additional favourites would be any of the later Jaguars and the Mazda 787B. So around the same sort of period.

There are plenty of wide open tracks on R3E where we can enjoy these cars, would be nice to have maybe Sebring or Daytona in the future maybe but to have Group C is awesome anyway.

Also coming back to what we discussed yesterday. It does take some "bravery" to create these sorts of additions to a game. We all love 'em on here but it is a niche market and many thanks to Sector3 for creating them for us :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Yetch

Yetch
    GooseCreature Premium

Ratings:
    +422
    Just have to make a C1-B class and pop the Lancia in there, so many Prototypes from that era to choose from, with a massive range in power, all so gorgeous though that the series in RR deserve the lot, even the ones that didn't race in anger, like the Alpha maybe, please.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper

Ratings:
    +1,707
    One of my favourites from the old Group C mod. The car was a bit of a disaster (just ahead of it's time in some areas and not properly sorted) but the Allard J2X was a prime example of why Group C was so special.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.mulsannescorner.com/allardj2x.html

• Love Love x 3
  18. BrunoB

BrunoB

Ratings:
    +60
    If Raceroom published the cars from Redlines GTP mod (Sauber c9, Jaguar XJR-9, Toyota 88cv, Mazda 787b) Sector3 Studios would get some amazing free and positive hype.
    Because a lot of experienced racing sim users has still a very positive memory of this trendsetting racing mod based on the NR2003 sim.
    Think about this Mistar Monteil - because I consider it even possible that these legendary cars would behave even more exciting and "realistic" in Raceroom than they did on the NR2003 platform.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Proved Remedy

Proved Remedy
    Lars Lehmann Premium

Ratings:
    +1
    Ay caramba! Cars with Cojones.

Kondor999 you can get a very good mod of the Lancia for Assetto Corsa. And it is for free.

• Haha Haha x 1
  20. Tormentor

Tormentor

Ratings:
    +25
    Wow, exactly my kind of taste! Thank you S3S, this is amazing!
    How about a little update to the nordschleife to include the "Steilstrecke", S3S?

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.