R3E Free Weekend - All Cars, All Tracks, All Game Modes!

Free.png

Greetings all,

S3 have announced on Steam (though apparently nowhere else) that from today until the 23rd of December, you can play R3E and access ALL of it's content completely free of charge! All cars, tracks and game modes are available, including the new content released with the big December patch.

This is a great opportunity to try out R3E if you're new to the sim, or to give it another go if you've been away for a while to see what's new. We also have room in tomorrow's R3E club race for anyone wanting to experience online racing in the sim, so please come and join us!

In addition, pretty much everything in the store is available for a 20% discount until 2nd January. Obviously the newest December content is not included.

Don't miss out on what this excellent sim has to offer. Give it a try now! :cool:

Lol, just avoid multiplayer. I raced GT3 at Spa earlier, and obviously all of the usual Raceroom Raceway noobs are taking advantage of the free stuff!

There are 3 official ranked servers online right now, behind a password if you want any decent racing until Monday :(

There are 3 official ranked servers online right now, behind a password if you want any decent racing until Monday
And tomorrow's RD event at 20:00 UTC.

The free weekend is published on Steam, ergo appealing to more people than their official forum?
Perhaps, but the first place I go for information on any game I'm interested in is the official forums. The chances of someone who has never played R3E stumbling across the Steam announcement must be pretty low.

Anyway, for whatever reason it was posted on their own forums a few hours after the Steam announcement. You'd have thought it would be the other way around, or at roughly the same time.

Anyone else fire up RRE3 today and get this message on the opening screen?

"Free Weekend - All Cars, All Tracks, 20-23 December"

I've been trying out cars and tracks that I don't own (yet) for the past 90 minutes! NOW is the time to try RaceRoom! Wth the latest updates and current discounted pricing - and now a free trial of EVERYTHING, trying it out is a NO-BRAINER!

I'd would really be interested to hear which car/track combos everyone likes best!

I have always loved the ridiculous crescendo of audio from the BMW M3 GT2 and I used to try to climb the ladders at Raceroom Raceway.

I haven't checked in lately to see if the new physics/ffb feel better but it was okay at the time, anyway.

I like R3E but I'm becoming less and less enamored by closed platforms where modding is prohibited. My money will go to open sims from now on, excepting stand-out cases such as iRacing that earn their exception by unmatched multiplayer infrastructure and population.

Anyone else fire up RRE3 today and get this message on the opening screen?
Only because of it's potential for bringing new people into the sim, not for me personally. I already own all but two individual cars in this sim, and I have no interest or intention of buying either of them. :)

I like R3E but I'm becoming less and less enamored by closed platforms where modding is prohibited.
Given that R3E has more cars and tracks than pretty much every other sim out there, and that those cars and tracks are all of professional quality, I really don't understand people's obsession with "modability". This is particularly given that even in the most moddable sims, only about 20% of mods at the very most are of a quality worth bothering with. Why pay full price for a sim which relies on the community to add the content you're after, over a sim where you can pick and choose the content you want? Makes no sense to me.

I really don't understand people's obsession with "modability". This is particularly given that even in the most moddable sims, only about 20% of mods at the very most are of a quality worth bothering with.
Yeah same here.
Years ago I was 100% pro modability - among other things because I considered the famous GTP mod for NR2003 the best thing invented beside the wheel:roflmao: - but after having downloaded and tested some of the bizarre mods for rF2 I consider lots of mods a complete waste of time.

Given that R3E has more cars and tracks than pretty much every other sim out there, and that those cars and tracks are all of professional quality, I really don't understand people's obsession with "modability". This is particularly given that even in the most moddable sims, only about 20% of mods at the very most are of a quality worth bothering with. Why pay full price for a sim which relies on the community to add the content you're after, over a sim where you can pick and choose the content you want? Makes no sense to me.
R3e's tracks may be professional quality but I don't see them being worth the money. They not laser scanned, they are pretty inaccurate in places (suzuka hairpin for example) and as far as I can tell perfectly smooth. I wonder if they even use lidar in their track making process. I'd say any mod tracks that is based on lidar will blow any r3e tracks out of the water. To me the whole game feels like a step back in time. Worse simple physics, worse ffb, inaccurate tracks. Obviously modding is very much at odds with the r3e's business model so that won't happen. But for sure there are modders who can match and do better than the content I've seen so far in r3e...

R3e's tracks may be professional quality but I don't see them being worth the money. They not laser scanned, they are pretty inaccurate in places (suzuka hairpin for example) and as far as I can tell perfectly smooth.
Lol... and mod tracks are laser scanned and totally accurate? Give me a break. Pretty sure most bedroom modders don't have the time, resources or funds to get tracks any more accurate than S3 do.

Worse simple physics, worse ffb, inaccurate tracks.
Sounds like worthless R3E-bashing to me I'm afraid, given the large number of people who would disagree with that opinion on all counts. I'm one of them.

I'd would really be interested to hear which car/track combos everyone likes best!

I've had the game a week, got some tips on which cars to try from the master enabler on here, and have been obsessed with DTM ever since :p

This may not be for everyone but I'm overjoyed so far with R3E.

As far as cost is concerned, I'd like people to spend a couple of years buried in flight sim, like I've done, then come cry me a river over how "expensive" Raceroom is...

Current favs: Audi RS 5 DTM at Hockenheim, Zanvoort and Lausitzring :D

Lol... and mod tracks are laser scanned and totally accurate? Give me a break. Pretty sure most bedroom modders don't have the time, resources or funds to get tracks any more accurate than S3 do.

With modding there's always going to be quality and lesser quality stuff; after a little while most will know their way around it or won't care about the lack of quality.

The fact is a reasonable amount of mods do find a way to use Lidar data, at least in Assetto Corsa; don't know about other sims, but I guess rFactor has its fair share of those modders too..? The difference between a well-made "bedroom" (or "professional)" Nordschleife and a laser scanned Nordschleife to me is night and day, same for a track like Tor Poznan in Assetto Corsa.

I could hardly feel any bumps on the Nordschleife in R3E and I've been a passenger on close to 20 laps in real life by now there in very different cars (both track/race prepped and street cars).. I'd say Assetto's Nordschleife is pretty much what it is; drove the R8 there in game and was passenger in the same car IRL (ring taxi).

Professional also doesn't say a thing about quality; amateurs break records at the Olympics. Professional only means that you earn a living by doing from that activity.

Sounds like worthless R3E-bashing to me I'm afraid, given the large number of people who would disagree with that opinion on all counts. I'm one of them.

Large number doesn't necessarily make them right..?

Large number doesn't necessarily make them right..?
Never said it did. I said your very strong negative opinion sounds a lot like R3E-bashing, from someone who really doesn't like the sim and feels the need to exaggerate what they don't like about it to try and make a point. It doesn't matter to me whether you like the sim or not, and I'm not going to try and persuade you to. I just have more time for opinions, both positive and negative, that are well argued and not exaggerated one way or the other.

Never said it did. I said your very strong negative opinion sounds a lot like R3E-bashing, from someone who really doesn't like the sim and feels the need to exaggerate what they don't like about it to try and make a point. It doesn't matter to me whether you like the sim or not, and I'm not going to try and persuade you to. I just have more time for opinions, both positive and negative, that are well argued and not exaggerated one way or the other.

I wasn't really the user you replied to, that was @Ghoults. At least, I don't see my very strong negative opinion, I'm just stating facts, observations and compare the game to others and real life experiences..?

I could hardly feel any bumps on the Nordschleife in R3E and I've been a passenger on close to 20 laps in real life by now there in very different cars (both track/race prepped and street cars).. I'd say Assetto's Nordschleife is pretty much what it is; drove the R8 there in game and was passenger in the same car IRL (ring taxi).
You do realize that the Nordschleife in both AC and R3E is based on exactly the same laser scan data? The difference is that Sector3 has access to an abundance of data from KW suspensions, so they are able to reproduce the bumps in a realistic intensity.

Here's a video where you can see that R3E's non-laserscanned version of Suzuka looks wildly different compared to the real thing. How dare they even charge money for that!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 492 39.2%