R3E Free Weekend - All Cars, All Tracks, All Game Modes!

Free.png

Greetings all,

S3 have announced on Steam (though apparently nowhere else) that from today until the 23rd of December, you can play R3E and access ALL of it's content completely free of charge! All cars, tracks and game modes are available, including the new content released with the big December patch.

This is a great opportunity to try out R3E if you're new to the sim, or to give it another go if you've been away for a while to see what's new. We also have room in tomorrow's R3E club race for anyone wanting to experience online racing in the sim, so please come and join us!

In addition, pretty much everything in the store is available for a 20% discount until 2nd January. Obviously the newest December content is not included.

Don't miss out on what this excellent sim has to offer. Give it a try now! :cool:

Lol... and mod tracks are laser scanned and totally accurate? Give me a break. Pretty sure most bedroom modders don't have the time, resources or funds to get tracks any more accurate than S3 do.
Bedroom modders do have access to lidar which in some cases is way more accurate than the r3e stuff. Bedroom modders also spend a lot of time on their creations before they get released. You are simply ignorant of what is possible for modders nowadays and you probably think modding is still based on mid 2000s tech and working principles. And because you use a pejorative term "bedroom modders" you obviously don't have any respect for modders either.

Bedroom modders do have access to lidar which in some cases is way more accurate than the r3e stuff. Bedroom modders also spend a lot of time on their creations before they get released. You are simply ignorant of what is possible for modders nowadays and you probably think modding is still based on mid 2000s tech and working principles. And because you use a pejorative term "bedroom modders" you obviously don't have any respect for modders either.
Most of the tracks in R3E are based on CAD data supplied by the architects. This alone makes them more accurate than 99% of what your bedroom modders convert churn out.

Man I had a blast running online this weekend and testing the new content, amazing to see so many servers running in mp....1600+ players online a day!

I was ready to buy some VRP and purchase some content on the weekend, but I told myself to wait till monday and see if more people jumped on board.....checked steam charts and the mp and the numbers are back to what it was before the free weekend :(

Hopefully Sector3 will give us a Christmas surprise and put a content sale on to keep the positive momentum up they built from the latest build and free weekend, I read alot of positive reviews over the weekend......only thing I can think of is cost?

system for a few years. I never played the sim for several reasons. Reasons like; having to buy the cars and tracks I like (GT3), having and using titles like iRacing, R Factor2, and Assetto Corsa. So, Race Room sat on my system, unused. However, I saw the free weekend announcement, and took the opportunity give it a try RRE.

Wow!!! I love the sim. It has exceptional sound, amazing force feedback, and good graphics. These features do more than a lot of racing sims to give the cars an immersive since of weight and mass. Because I had the chance to try some really nice free weekend cars and tracks, I bought a car pack and track pack.

My only disappointment was jumping into a multiplayer open session which must have been dominated by lots of children, who did nothing but crash into each other, as well as anyone else to had the misfortune to jump into the session. I have been exclusive to iRacing for the last several years, and am not use to the childishness I experienced over the free weekend bumper cars session I stumbled into. So, I am doing the single player thing with GT3 rides.

system for a few years. I never played the sim for several reasons. Reasons like; having to buy the cars and tracks I like (GT3), having and using titles like iRacing, R Factor2, and Assetto Corsa. So, Race Room sat on my system, unused. However, I saw the free weekend announcement, and took the opportunity give it a try RRE.

Wow!!! I love the sim. It has exceptional sound, amazing force feedback, and good graphics. These features do more than a lot of racing sims to give the cars an immersive since of weight and mass. Because I had the chance to try some really nice free weekend cars and tracks, I bought a car pack and track pack.

My only disappointment was jumping into a multiplayer open session which must have been dominated by lots of children, who did nothing but crash into each other, as well as anyone else to had the misfortune to jump into the session. I have been exclusive to iRacing for the last several years, and am not use to the childishness I experienced over the free weekend bumper cars session I stumbled into. So, I am doing the single player thing with GT3 rides.
It's actually been a lot better since the free weekend came to an end.

You get to see familiar racers on the lobbies, who generally know how to behave for the most part :).

The three official 'Ranked' servers offer good close fair racing.

You do realize that the Nordschleife in both AC and R3E is based on exactly the same laser scan data? The difference is that Sector3 has access to an abundance of data from KW suspensions, so they are able to reproduce the bumps in a realistic intensity.

Well, access to the same data doesn't necessarily mean the same result ;)

To me it feels less connected and smooth than AC does, whether that's in the general track surface modelling or driving physics (more likely both), I don't know..

I wasn't out to hate R3E or anything, in fact I was hoping it got it's act together and would be a nice (somewhat free) alternative.

Well, access to the same data doesn't necessarily mean the same result ;)

To me it feels less connected and smooth than AC does, whether that's in the general track surface modelling or driving physics (more likely both), I don't know..

I wasn't out to hate R3E or anything, in fact I was hoping it got it's act together and would be a nice (somewhat free) alternative.
Unless you own a simulator like this, you are better off judging the track mesh by looking at telemetry data and not by comparing FFB.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%