R3E: Formula RaceRoom 2, teaser images released

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Formula RaceRoom 2_1.jpg

Just moments ago Sector3 Studios released two teaser images of their take on a powerful openwheel car, called the Formula RaceRoom.

A couple of years back when Sector3 Studios was still known as SimBin Studios and their premier racing title was called RACE 07 a first attempt was made to release a full blown openwheeler with Formula 1 specs under the same name. Unfortunately the car didn't match the real life models and the handling wasn't spectacular either.

Their second attempt at a higher series open wheeler this time in their RaceRoom Racing Experience title looks a lot more impressive by just looking at the images taken at the Circuit Spa-Francorchamps.

Further details on a release date and pricing aren't known yet.

Formula RaceRoom 2_2.jpg

I thoroughly disagree, a proper champion is a clean one, a champion who wins by dirty driving is not a champion in my eyes. I don't see this in Hamilton much, but I surely do in Rosberg, which is why I don't like the guy, won't stop at foul tricks to get the upper hand. /spit
Hamilton has had a few occasions where he has closed the door too harshly, but it's not one of his trademarks imo, and he remains one of my favorite drivers as long as I don't see this kind of driving become a trend rather than a occasional oneoff.

Sorry... late to the party on this one :)
Would have to agree, although not Hill's finest moment, I thought at the time and still believe it now that Schumacher left the door open with the intention of closing it as soon as a Williams filled that sport. If I had too, I would apportion blame at Schumi's door however its still a racing incident in my book... probably :)

Thing is i am still convinced that to be champion you have to be willing to bury anyone in your path to that goal. Because F1 is hugely competetive that instinct and stubbornness is needed.

What i should add however is that you also have to be good enough to be able to use the dirty tricks in ways that will not unnecessarily harm someone or be blatantly unfair. Which is a sweet spot.

I agree with @Kjell Eilertsen on Rosberg. He tries to hit this spot but comes off as brutish to me.

Senna, Schumi, Mansell, Berger, Prost, Alesi (all drivers i admire greatly) where not unfamiliar to the dirty tricks in the book, as there are plenty of examples of. But they where good enough to use them without acting like complete brutes on track...

Is it dirty to slam the door on a fellow racer, right in front of him when he is all commited to the line? Yes. But IF you have the skill to do it without hitting him or pushing him into a barrier it is ok by me, for example.

If you go to the maximum in attack or defence but lack the skill however, you become reckless.

All champions are unclean and drive dirty at times because it is not charity, at the top of F1 it is all in or no win. But no champion since a long time is downright reckless.

It will be hard to beat GSCE for pure open wheeler driving bliss. I do have a bit of trouble to set up the GSCE AI however. It seems my driving style works a lot better with the RRE AI (I tend to drive like an idiot and go for every gap without really having the skill.) It´s just easier to set it up for close racing with maybe a bit of touching, but hardly any crashing...

So I do look forward to open wheelers in RRE, but they do have a lot to live up to in terms of driving fun. I do hope, that they build 2-3 sets of physics with slight differences in handling, since single car type races are rarely as fun as multi type races.

It will be hard to beat GSCE for pure open wheeler driving bliss. I do have a bit of trouble to set up the GSCE AI however. It seems my driving style works a lot better with the RRE AI (I tend to drive like an idiot and go for every gap without really having the skill.) It´s just easier to set it up for close racing with maybe a bit of touching, but hardly any crashing...

So I do look forward to open wheelers in RRE, but they do have a lot to live up to in terms of driving fun. I do hope, that they build 2-3 sets of physics with slight differences in handling, since single car type races are rarely as fun as multi type races.
Those open wheeler's in GSCE are sublime,and if they get within 10% of them i'll be happy.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%