R3E: Formula RaceRoom 2, teaser images released

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Formula RaceRoom 2_1.jpg

Just moments ago Sector3 Studios released two teaser images of their take on a powerful openwheel car, called the Formula RaceRoom.

A couple of years back when Sector3 Studios was still known as SimBin Studios and their premier racing title was called RACE 07 a first attempt was made to release a full blown openwheeler with Formula 1 specs under the same name. Unfortunately the car didn't match the real life models and the handling wasn't spectacular either.

Their second attempt at a higher series open wheeler this time in their RaceRoom Racing Experience title looks a lot more impressive by just looking at the images taken at the Circuit Spa-Francorchamps.

Further details on a release date and pricing aren't known yet.

Formula RaceRoom 2_2.jpg

The AI in R3E is the best in sim-racing at the moment. I've been sim-racing since the early 90's & have 20 years of real life racing experience to back up my opinion. Yes they have their moments, but just like real life no driver is perfect & mistakes are made. My only complaint is the AI doesn't show the same determination to pass & hold off each other as they do the players car.

Thanks, Paul. Hill has always been my favorite driver. I grew up with him plus he won the first F1 GP in Melbourne all the way back in 1996, that was the first GP I ever went to.
Yeah same here, it was always 'our Damon' versus the mighty Schumaher back in the day... found memories. Funnily enough, 96 was my first GP too @ Silverstone.... less happy result but enjoyed it none the less.. :)

Yeah same here, it was always 'our Damon' versus the mighty Schumaher back in the day... found memories. Funnily enough, 96 was my first GP too @ Silverstone.... less happy result but enjoyed it none the less.. :)

I was at Silverstone in 96 as well. Funnily the thing i remember the most is not the race, but a very dodgy hot dog i ate at a street vendor, thought i was going to die the next day :) That and of course one of my first real meetings with british pub culture... Many ales where had over the weekend. Coming from Sweden this meant access to real ale as opposed to the watery dishwater passed off as such here, at that time.

Curious as to how long it takes to train the adaptive AI, been racing RRE for a while and adaptive AI still seems extremely slow. I've given up on it and manually dial in the difficulty via the slider but would be willing to try again if the results are worth it. Group 5 seems particularly poor so I don't know if some series are better than others.

I found the adaptive AI to be fine, actually a bit of a challenge once the game rolled to the qualify session. I had what I thought was a comfortable gap during practice, but got swamped by a 3rd of the 23 car field by the end of the session. :confused::whistling:
I'm not fast or great at setups by any means, but the AI certainly raised the bar, forcing me to better balance the car when tuning, and also be far more consistent during races.

But nothing beats online racing if the AI don't do it for you!

No, it was not an oval race. You don't dive into all the gaps that may appear.
When your fighting for the title you do.And to quote Mr senna "When you no longer go for a gap,you're no longer a racing driver anymore". Schumacher knew he was there and closed the door.But you can't blame him for the same reason you can't blame Hill.Racing incident all the way IMO.;)

Not true. Senna was the first unscrupulous F1-driver. Schumacher followed suit. Still doesn't make him guilty for Hill's divebombing.

1990 Japan. Senna taking out Prost, turn one, in revenge for starting at the dirty side of the track following stewart descision. You remember? Or some bullying overtakes in the 80s? Senna was and is my God. But clean he was not. Which is why i loved him so much. He only wanted P1. Everything else was not good enough. Whstever it took. So i cheered at all those moments back then, but as a racer i would say he was a dirty bugger.

So was Schumi. Schumi was an expert on moves like the one on Hill, shutting the door on other drivers in ways that would render grid penalties these days. So did Berger by the way. And still that is why i loved them too.

Niceness and unscrupolous makes you a good points picker and gentleman. The desire to flatten everyone else to win makes you a champion.

These days Hamilton has it... Seb has it too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 208 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%