R3E: Formula RaceRoom 2 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
fr2.jpg

Sector3 Studios have today made available the first open wheel racing car to be released on their free to play platform, RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Available to purchase via the in game store, a field of 24 identical totally-not-GP2 racing cars each with a unique livery will cost 349RVP. Generating up to 1.7 tonne of downforce at full speed, this is a high downforce car that shares many visual characteristics with the Formula One support series of GP2.

Significant work has been undertaken by the developers of R3E to bring this car to the title, featuring a new driver model as well as animated suspension and a new approach to the driving physics, hopefully providing an entertaining drive for racers of the sim.

As discussed in our recent interview with the guys over at Sector3, the Formula RaceRoom 2 will be the first of several open wheel cars to join the sim in the coming year.

Be sure to check out the RaceDepartment R3E Racing Club in the coming weeks for any opportunities to race this car, or any other of the impressive selection of vehicles in game, with your fellow sim racers.

Below you can find an in game video of these cars racing round Belgian circuit Spa Francorchamps.

Have you tried the new open wheel FR2 in game yet? What are your experiences? Do you intend to purchase this content if you haven't already? Let us know in the comments below!

fr2 2.jpg fr2 3.jpg fr2 4.jpg fr2 5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not feeling the love so far for the FR2. Tried some practice runs, plus a race at Chang [many, many restarts] ... All I can say is, It pirouettes quite nicely. Gave up as it was annoying me quite badly.

Think I'm going to stick to the WTCC and Audi TT for the moment.

My current challenge (Position 58 not bad)

http://game.raceroom.com/competitions/537/leaderboard

I Would like to beat Pro driver Joonas Lappalainen, still 0.9 sec behind, started last weekend so not bad :)

Cheers!
Keni Keninen

Sorry about of topic but I must add this information that makes me happy, me sim racer against a real race drivers...note that I never driven any real race car.

So at now you can't come between me and Joonas, atm the gap is smallest possible 0.001 secs

Joonas #33, me #34

But hey, now i'm faster than Mike Rockenfeller #53 on the list, Mike is DTM winner but he has some lessons to learn about sim racing LOL :)

Sorry about of topic but I must add this information that makes me happy, me sim racer against a real race drivers...note that I never driven any real race car.

So at now you can't come between me and Joonas, atm the gap is smallest possible 0.001 secs

Joonas #33, me #34

But hey, now i'm faster than Mike Rockenfeller #53 on the list, Mike is DTM winner but he has some lessons to learn about sim racing LOL :)

Nobody cares about it except you Kimmo. ;):rolleyes:

Joonas #33, me #34

Kimmo!!! Long time no see, need to find you ingame :) So much has happened in between, we need to catch up sometime.

Nobody cares about it except you Kimmo. ;):rolleyes:

See, i cared ;)

Not feeling the love so far for the FR2. Tried some practice runs, plus a race at Chang [many, many restarts] ... All I can say is, It pirouettes quite nicely. Gave up as it was annoying me quite badly.

Think I'm going to stick to the WTCC and Audi TT for the moment.

Chang is awful choice for RR2, it lacks brakemarkers and visually is empty. It is short and RR2 simply spins all the time if you try to floor it: too low speeds to get downforce working right even with max wings, it takes a lot of setup to get it stable and then it's not fast.. The combo means dancing on your toes in every exit.

Try something other, even Zaandvoort is much better, allthou that is VERY narrow. Raceroom raceway, decent but a lot better than Changs. And then you take it to Spa, where it belongs and you get TOTALLY different experience.. It is a bit of a poor choice to put Chang + RR2 as a challenge.

The AI really is rubbish on RR2, it has super grip (same as if you drive on amateur mode) and poor straightline speed.. It can brake much much later than you and take corners at higher speeds = huge grip.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 95 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 90 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 64 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 129 13.7%