R3E: Easter Sale kicks off today, 50% discount on all cars and tracks

raceroom.jpg

Sector3 Studios have announced a big sale on its Raceroom Racing Experience content.

The sale will start today (April 2) at 18:00 CET and will end on April 5 at the same time. It looks like all cars, liveries and tracks are going to be at half price during these three days.

It's not clear if the discount is valid for Experiences as well, but that seems kind of unlikely, judging from the promotional image below.
Seems to be a pretty good deal anyway, especially if you have some spare Steam trading cards laying around - that'll mean you can buy spiffy new content for little to no money.

Apparently there's new content coming soon: the Cadillac CTS-V.R will probably be first, followed by the new Group 5 cars. There's no set release date for now, though.

Not sure what to grab here. Any suggestions?
I have DTM 2013, DTM 1992 and Mid-Ohio.

I was thinking of RUF RT12R GT2 and the BMW Z4 GT3 and probably another track - Sonoma, Indianapolis or Bathurst.

Is it just me having connection issues? Connection via browser is taking forever with the odd '503 Service Unavailable' thrown in.

Can't play game either, will not connect to server?

Why are there shop servers so poor? You cant tell me there are hundreds of thousands of people buying their content when only less than 300 people are showing ingame on steam charts :O_o:
It just baffles me, surely this would put off potential customers.....

Well I earn VRP (ingame currency) through competitions and have so far only paid 35 EUR I think. And own all I want by now.
Come join the dark side @Bram

Right @PaulH I get server error 2228 tonight. I am not able to buy anything...

EDIT: Just to make it clear, I haven't been able to connect at all tonight...
And I wanted to drive...

No seriously ? We are still talking about a serious sim racing game here right? :)
Always, but that's a good tip for every sim racer who happens to be a Steam user.

Some games have these Steam Trading Cars that drops while you're playing that specific game. You can sell these cars on Steam Market and use the money to purchase content on the Steam Store or on any other game that accepts Steam Wallet on transactions, like R3E. So yeah, still about racing =)

Why are there shop servers so poor? You cant tell me there are hundreds of thousands of people buying their content when only less than 300 people are showing ingame on steam charts :O_o:
It just baffles me, surely this would put off potential customers.....
Me too mate. This happens too often and when it goes down you can't play the game at all, not even single player.

@Wedge
Get the BMW 320 turbo group 5, the Ford Capri turbo group 5, the BMW M3 GT2, the BMW M1, RUF RT12R maybe too. Tracks are all good, but must have, i agree with mosth here, is Badhurst and of course Nordschleife (not avaleble now, but soon).

I will go with Sonoma and few skins. Damm want the new group 5 cars now!!!!!

@Wedge
Get the BMW 320 turbo group 5, the Ford Capri turbo group 5, the BMW M3 GT2, the BMW M1, RUF RT12R maybe too. Tracks are all good, but must have, i agree with mosth here, is Badhurst and of course Nordschleife (not avaleble now, but soon).

I will go with Sonoma and few skins. Damm want the new group 5 cars now!!!!!
Don't want to spend that much in the game now. And I want to wait for the G5 complete pack! But thanks for the suggestions!

I had all of the content already except the additional liveries, I went ahead and picked all of those up during this sale. I don't like buying liveries but I'm still supporting this game so keep up the good work Sector 3.

I wouldn't mind being able to buy the extra liveries but I don't see an easy way to add liveries for all the cars I might need them for. Is there a way to do that?
Well, that seems to be part of that kind of business model that you can't make your own liveries but have to buy them at extra costs or get them with an pack or an experience ... :O_o:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%