R3E: DTM 2015 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
21710519584_2187bbf911_b.jpg

Following on from Tuesday’s major update to RaceRoom Racing Experience, Sector 3 Studios have today made available the latest installment to the exclusive DTM franchise, DTM Experience 2015. The content is available to purchase in store now.

The latest release is the third installment of this popular series expansion, featuring all the cars tracks and rules and regulations of the German championship, including DRS and the dual race format.

This release also contains a new feature to R3E, tyre dirt and gravel pickup. If you find yourself off track the game will simulate tyre dirt pickup (simulating a lack of grip and a sound effect of stones and gravel against the underside of your car) for a few corners until your tyres clean themselves back up again. At present this feature is only available in the DTM 2015 pack but is expected to be rolled out across the wider game in future releases.

With the latest patch delivered Tuesday the exclusivity of DTM 2014 has lapsed and now all cars from that experience are available to use across all tracks within the simulator. DTM cars around Mount Panorama anyone?

GTR3 class additions of the Ford GT40, Nissan GTR and Pors-... RUF GTR3 are not yet available to purchase in store but do appear as opponents in game.

With the growing number of GT3 cars in game, RaceRoom Racing Experience is fast becoming the go to game for those with a desire to drive big and loud GT racing cars across some of the world’s finest circuits.

Have you tried the new DTM update, if so, what are your thoughts on the latest edition to the sim? Leave your opinions in the comments section below!

Last edited:
So help me out, I own all the tracks in the new pack as well as the 2014 cars so what exactly am I getting with the 2015 pack? Seems like I'd be paying twice for the same content. What am I missing?

So help me out, I own all the tracks in the new pack as well as the 2014 cars so what exactly am I getting with the 2015 pack? Seems like I'd be paying twice for the same content. What am I missing?
new physics amongst other changes. and you get a big discount if you own the older experiences. if I were you I would test drive the new cars and see if its worth it.

new physics amongst other changes
If Sector3 wants to not lose all their reputation they better apply new physics to all cars in their catalogue and not let the old ones rot with obviously broken/weaker physics just to sell the new content.

Why should you buy DTM'15?
Why do you buy every FIFA / NHL / NFL / F1 game? ;)

New liveries, new cars (if there are new ones), new tracks (if there are new ones), new rules (if there are new ones)... but in the end it's of course the same old 'drive cars around a racetrack' ;)

If Sector3 wants to not lose all their reputation they better apply new physics to all cars in their catalogue and not let the old ones rot with obviously broken/weaker physics just to sell the new content.

Why should you buy DTM'15?
Why do you buy every FIFA / NHL / NFL / F1 game? ;)

New liveries, new cars (if there are new ones), new tracks (if there are new ones), new rules (if there are new ones)... but in the end it's of course the same old 'drive cars around a racetrack' ;)
people complained when they updated adac 13 too the new tire model some people like the old physics and if you change it they cannot go back to the physics they love.(i still play gtr2)

this is why you get a min 50% discount if you have similar content. with some content (like adac) youn get almost 90% off the price for the new car (i got the gt3 audi in each of the adac packs for 20c per car cause i had adac 13).
dtm experience is ~1000vrp if you have a previous experience and 2500vrp if you don't.

and a single car is only 300vrp if you have a previous version. that's like $3 for a completely overhauled tire model with overhauled sound and you can play with people who have the full experience. don't buy that bar of chocolate that will last you 2minuts and get a new car that will last you many hours.

The latest release is the third installment of this popular series expansion, featuring all the cars tracks and rules and regulations of the German championship, including choice of soft and hard compound tyres, DRS and the dual race format.

Huh?
There was only 1 compound available in DTM this year. Why would the game provide 2?

I don't know guys, for me there is a difference between an update and new content. How is this update any different than updates done in Dirt Rally, A/C or P CAR S?...new physics, tire models, track enhancements....I have no problem paying for new cars and tracks but paying for updates to existing content is a bit of a stretch for me. Considering that I own all of the tracks except the American pack, it's not a matter of money for me, but a principle. I really enjoy RR but I can't say I completely agree with their business model.

I don't know guys, for me there is a difference between an update and new content. How is this update any different than updates done in Dirt Rally, A/C or P CAR S?...new physics, tire models, track enhancements....I have no problem paying for new cars and tracks but paying for updates to existing content is a bit of a stretch for me. Considering that I own all of the tracks except the American pack, it's not a matter of money for me, but a principle. I really enjoy RR but I can't say I completely agree with their business model.
Well, like xnorb stated, it's no different than investing in each new iteration of FIFA or Football Manager.
Besides, there is no actual need to pay for DTM15. AFAIK all the physics will eventually be updated along the entire product line, with the Silhouettes and ProCars already having received them. Keyword here being 'eventually'.
There is a lot of talk about the business-model of Sector3, and I honestly agree with a lot of it.
But I can't exactly fault them for wanting to earn a bit of cash while they can, and I do like their customer loyalty bonuses. Since I already have all the tracks (except Macau), and the DTM14, I get a whopping 80% discount on DTM15.

So in the end it depends on what you're looking for.
If you're a big fan of the DTM and want the new physics now, you have that option.
If you, like me, don't really care about the DTM, all you have to do is wait and the updates will come to the models you do like.

I certainly don't have a problem with any business earning money for their product or service. The key though is product or service, not update. I love new content and I buy all new DLC's when they hit, in any sim. I pay for Iracing without complaint and have no problem with their business model. Again, paying for an ongoing service or a new product is completely acceptable to me. But charging customers for "improvements" is where it becomes questionable, IMO. In my mind, DTM 2015 is an improvement, not new content (unless you don't already own it).
I work in IT and deal with patches and updates everyday. Microsoft, HP or Cisco don't charge their customers when they release an update, their customers would take their business elsewhere. Tesla just released an update for the steering systems on their cars, they didn't charge their owners for it. Hell, the McDonald's in my neighborhood recently renovated the entire building, they didn't charge extra for nuggets to cover the costs. :)
There is a difference between calculating the cost of doing business and the investment costs of bringing new products to market. Return on investment comes from running your business as efficiently as possible and from the profits made on products and services. You don't change a light bulb in your business then charge customers for being able to see better. lol
Like I said, I enjoy RR and just wanted to understand what I was paying for. Just like I've passed on other series that appeared to have the same cars that I already own, I'll probably do the same here. Not a big deal.
Thanks.

I certainly don't have a problem with any business earning money for their product or service. The key though is product or service, not update. I love new content and I buy all new DLC's when they hit, in any sim. I pay for Iracing without complaint and have no problem with their business model. Again, paying for an ongoing service or a new product is completely acceptable to me. But charging customers for "improvements" is where it becomes questionable, IMO. In my mind, DTM 2015 is an improvement, not new content (unless you don't already own it).
I work in IT and deal with patches and updates everyday. Microsoft, HP or Cisco don't charge their customers when they release an update, their customers would take their business elsewhere. Tesla just released an update for the steering systems on their cars, they didn't charge their owners for it. Hell, the McDonald's in my neighborhood recently renovated the entire building, they didn't charge extra for nuggets to cover the costs. :)
There is a difference between calculating the cost of doing business and the investment costs of bringing new products to market. Return on investment comes from running your business as efficiently as possible and from the profits made on products and services. You don't change a light bulb in your business then charge customers for being able to see better. lol
Like I said, I enjoy RR and just wanted to understand what I was paying for. Just like I've passed on other series that appeared to have the same cars that I already own, I'll probably do the same here. Not a big deal.
Thanks.
I hear what you are saying. I personally didnt buy dtm 15 because I didnt play 14 as much as i would have hoped ( too many sims ). But i look at it like this, DTM experience is supposed to be somewhat of a separate game from r3e. Raceroom is the base engine that the game needs to run. But you dont ever need to be in the regular raceroom menu if you dont want to. Like another member said, its like any other sports franchise game. Madden for instance just updates the roster and add a few differences here and there and sells the game every year for full price. DTM Experience falls into that category. It acts as a standalone game that uses r3e as the base. Kind of like the gmotor 2 engine and older games ( kind of ). Im just glad that they at least give a nice discount to those who are loyal and want to get every experience. DTM ( and ADAC) are also usually the benchmark of how the other cars in the game will be updated in the future

Anyone tested the AI in DTM Experiance 2015? For me it's still the same problem as DTM 2014 experiance, that they are too agressive in some turns. You can race them good and fair, but like all from 1-5 corners on the tracks the AI just crash you out if you are like 0.1 sec slower then them there etc. So for me I have to use the DTM 2015 cars in Raceroom and not Experiance to get good racing with the AI, but then you won't get Pitstop, weight penalties, 2race format etc...

@Greg Latty Good points man. I guess since I don't buy games like Madden, I never looked at it from that standpoint. I don't own F1 2015 but if I do buy it, I can't see me buying a 2016 version next year just because of a roster change. But I hear you, very valid.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back