R3E Driver Academy: How to become a skilled online sim racer

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Dear RaceRoom drivers,

From next Thursday onwards we'll re-ignite our Premium Driver Academy program for R3E.

What is the driver academy
RaceDepartment has a long history of helping starting inexperienced sim racers to make their first steps into the world of online racing.

Some drivers may think they aren't fast enough to race online, or fear that their lack of racing skills will ruin somebody else's race. Well fear no more!

If the above applies to you we will help you to transform in no less than 90 to 120 minutes from a rookie into a sim racer that has touched on all the basics of online motorsports and you'll be ready to race online in our clubs, leagues (or anywhere else on the web you prefer of course).

On Thursday's I'll take six rookies out on track and with intensive personal coaching I'll help you to shave off a significant amount of time from your previous best lap times.

What you'll learn
  • How to prepare yourself for online racing (steering wheel setup etc)
  • How to brake
  • How to shift
  • How to accelerate
  • How to corner
  • How to understand the behaviour of your car
Interested?
  1. If you haven't done so already upgrade your account here and go premium. The little 9,99 Euro will not only give you access to our driver academy but also include the tons of other cool premium features listed on that page.
  2. After upgrading, head over to the Premium Driver Academy subforum in the The Paddock Club which is exclusively available to premium members.
  3. Sign yourself up for the next event and kick start your sim racing career!
See you on track soon!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 365 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years